Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Maybe "Huckerby Fund" through the NCST is way ahead...

I have read with interest all the things about the "Huckerby Fund"

If, and its a big if, a considerable amount of money could be raised, wouldn''t the right way to go ahead be to for the NCST to act as the conduit.

NCST buys shares in the club - the club have the money, the NCST would become a massive shareholder (if anywhere near 10,000 chipped in £100) and the NCST represents the fans views.

Now I have nothing to do with the NCST, so please don''t think I''m just trying to ''feather its nest'' - it just seems to me that it would be the right way forward if this really is to happen.

Now, the NCST could not guarantee that the money paid for shares would be used for Huckerby, thats the clubs job - and as other people on this board have said - it maybe better spent elsewhere. However, we would be helping the club we love - and we''d be getting a shareholding that would give us a major voice - and vote - on important issues facing the club.

It could be that the NCST is actually afraid to play such a major role, and it could be that the club doesn''t want such a powerful supporters group - because with a large enough shareholding - thats what it would be.

I note that the NCST has not said anything about this idea - I wonder why?

Maybe Simon Thomas (who is the ''figurehead'' for the NCST) could make it the next Blue Peter Appeal!

Just thought I''d bring this post up for a bit of nostalgia. The Huckerby fund, good times. Signed the man, and became one of the greatest players to where the canary yellow. Now he''s moved on, due to reasons only one can describe as "Roeder-ish," we''re dieing to have him back, and instead now of asking ourselves, can we afford him? We''re asking, will he return in November. Time will tell, sadly I don''t think the hype will ever be this big with Huckerby again, but my god. How much would I love to just have him at the ground at match days? Even if it was just waving a little flag.OTBC - Long Live The Huckers!

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]Just thought I''d bring this post up for a bit of nostalgia. The Huckerby fund, good times. Signed the man, and became one of the greatest players to where the canary yellow. Now he''s moved on, due to reasons only one can describe as "Roeder-ish," we''re dieing to have him back, and instead now of asking ourselves, can we afford him? We''re asking, will he return in November. Time will tell, sadly I don''t think the hype will ever be this big with Huckerby again, but my god. How much would I love to just have him at the ground at match days? Even if it was just waving a little flag.OTBC - Long Live The Huckers![/quote]Evening, Darren [:D]

Are we asking that?  I thought everyone had forgotten about old Hucks and was talking about Hoolahan on the left, the new hero Roeder brought in...[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]Just thought I''d bring this post up for a bit of nostalgia. The Huckerby fund, good times. Signed the man, and became one of the greatest players to where the canary yellow. Now he''s moved on, due to reasons only one can describe as "Roeder-ish," we''re dieing to have him back, and instead now of asking ourselves, can we afford him? We''re asking, will he return in November. Time will tell, sadly I don''t think the hype will ever be this big with Huckerby again, but my god. How much would I love to just have him at the ground at match days? Even if it was just waving a little flag.OTBC - Long Live The Huckers![/quote]

Sometimes things are best left alone. Huckerby was a legend let''s leave it at that. God forbid but what would happen if the fans started to get on his back? Huckerby opinion is probably split 50/50 as it is. Would we really want to rememember his as a has been rather than the undoubted hero around here that he is? Second spells whether as manager or player are not normally a repeat of the success that they enjoyed first time round.  

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Sometimes things are best left alone. Huckerby was a legend let''s leave it at that. God forbid but what would happen if the fans started to get on his back? Huckerby opinion is probably split 50/50 as it is. Would we really want to rememember his as a has been rather than the undoubted hero around here that he is? Second spells whether as manager or player are not normally a repeat of the success that they enjoyed first time round.  [/quote]The fans won''t get on his back though, every fan knows that if he comes back they can''t expect him to be as good as he was! Now he might bejust as good as he was or the same but either way I''d love to have him back on the program playing or not!

What about a situation where we are flying and looking invincible come November (or whenever the Huckerby return is being mooted), we have a settled side, with players rotating and hungry to play. Gunn and team are proved to be the master tacticians, would you risk all that by bringing Hucks in and potentially unsettling everything?  

Yes - we should have learnt from that. Roeder likes to sit his ''hero''s'' on the bench.[quote user="ACE"]Are we asking that?  I thought everyone had forgotten about old Hucks and was talking about Hoolahan on the left, the new hero Roeder brought in...[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]Just thought I''d bring this post up for a bit of nostalgia. The Huckerby fund, good times. Signed the man, and became one of the greatest players to where the canary yellow. Now he''s moved on, due to reasons only one can describe as "Roeder-ish," we''re dieing to have him back, and instead now of asking ourselves, can we afford him? We''re asking, will he return in November. Time will tell, sadly I don''t think the hype will ever be this big with Huckerby again, but my god. How much would I love to just have him at the ground at match days? Even if it was just waving a little flag.OTBC - Long Live The Huckers![/quote][/quote]