Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Football Grounds & Fans

Whilst on your travels with NCFC which grounds that you have been to are the best and worst?. Also which fans have been great and which are scum?

Mine is the following.   Best Ground: Pride Park. Worst Ground: Ashton Gate. Best Fans: Birmingham City. Worst Fans: Ipswich Town

Best Millenium, Worst Ipshite and QPR oh and Wolves, just because who they are.

Best support, Liverpool, loudest Wolves. It will all probably change on thinking of it later on.

Best Ground - Millenium Stadium or Old Trafford

Worst Ground - Fratton Park, probaly not the worst but i was ill for a week or so after we all get soaked in 2005

Best Fans - Blackpool were pretty good in the fa cup tie a few years back

Worst Fans - Stoke, £6 tickets and the ground was still half empty and with no atmosphere, had to walk with stoke fans to get the car and was pretty worried, they were all looking for fights and mouthing off

Best Ground: Toughy, lots of nice grounds, Wembley, Millenium Stadium, Pride Park but i''ll got for Highbury for nostalgic reasons...

Worst Ground: Tough one, Everton maybe, anyone remeber the wooden seats!? Newcastle because they stick away fans up in the clouds but i''ll probably say Layer Road, belongs in the dark ages, good to see they''re getting a new ground [Y]

Best Fans: Crewe or Sheffield Wednesday a few years back when they came here and sang solidly in the old south stand for ninety minutes

Worst Fans: Wimbledon when they took 52(ish) to Carrow Road [:D]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Best Millenium, Worst Ipshite and QPR oh and Wolves, just because who they are.

Best support, Liverpool, loudest Wolves. It will all probably change on thinking of it later on.

[/quote]

When we went there in the last premiership campaign the Liverpool fans were terrible! They won the game 3-0 comfotably and we didn''t hear them sing until tte 89th minute...

I remember sitting in Burnleys wood seats, now that ground is a shit hole, in fact when you drive into it, it is in a big dip and all the smog is at head height nearly. Was speaking to some locals and they used to throw a brick over at the away end, can''t remember the name of they called it, it was something like here comes Billy.

Worst ground without a doubt (apart from Selhurst Park) would have to be Plough Lane (RIP)...a ground that looked as though it belonged in a very second rate subbuteo set...Best ground - used to love Highbury for some reason...

Best - Old Trafford, and I also have a fondness for Loftus Rd strangely.

Worst - Selhurst by a mile.

Best fans - Blackpool

Worst - Wolves are diabolical.

Best - Millenium stadium.

Worst - Selhurt park, horrible, dirty and old.

Best fans - sheff weds, talking to me at a bus stop in 2001 will always live in my mind, coz I was well lost!!!!

Worst - as much as wanna say ipshit, I''m afraid its rotherham, received a smack round the face walking back to train station, and there fans all wait at top of what they call the run, where away fans come out.

Best - Millenium

Worst - Selhurst Park by a mile what a sad mess of a ground - suits the team though. Grimsby was bad too - not able to see the goal from where I was - but no mention of restricted view - some weird way how they converted the stand from terracing i believe.

Best fans - Norwich :-)

Worst Fans - Ipswich (for obv reasons), Sheff U, Wolves, Derby (basically most midland clubs seem to have a largely than normal idiot fan base)

Difficult to answer this one for us oldies as it changes over the years.

Best Ground - A lot of the new modern ones are very good on amenities but poor on atmosphere.  Overall you have to exclude the Millenium as that wasn''t a normal game as indeed you do for the old Wembley when we went.  So for a combination of atmosphere (no really), facilities and location it has to be Old Trafford. 

Best Ground (special mention) - You have to love Watford, right in the town with good pubs, lovely atmosphere.

Worst Ground - For the overall experience (and a very quiet turn out by us Canaries last season) it has to be Selhurst, with the only redeeming feature being the ease of parking.

Worst Ground (special mention) - the Old Den - For those who went and survived.

Best Fans - Sunderland and who can forget the night of the last promotion season, when they were brilliant for us.

Best fans (special mention) - Southampton - Maybe I was just lucky but they are always a pleasure to drink with.

Worst fans - In the past you''d have Millwall, Portsmouth, QPR, Man Utd, West Ham etc etc up there but for long term service to nastiness it has to be Leeds Utd

Worst Fans (special mention) - Wolves you have to hate them

best - the Hawthornes, Hillsborogh has some character

Worst - Smellhurst.. is thsi the worst stadium in the WORLD?

Best fans... Ours when we make noise... i have always admired Sunderland fans for passion and the numbers they travel in too

Worst fans - Walsall, the simply do not sing.. same with the binnies

jas :)

Best ground - Hillsborough

Worst - Smellhurst park. Expensive, uncomfortable & the floors flooded with wee constantly

Best fans - West Brom, they never shut up singing

Worst - Wolves, especially that fan at the play off semi with the '' you''ve let us down again'' sign. Classic!

Special mentio for worst ground - Charlton. You have to be a midget with no legs to sit comfortbaly on their tiny, thin seats

Worsts? Hillsborough without a shadow of a doubt. Any ground that can''t supply cold drinks, programmes & leg room to away fans is a poor poor effort. How that place held FA Cup Semi finals is beyond me. Didn''t seem that bad when John Byrne cheated us out of an FA Cup Final place.

Always enjoyed the banter with Southampton fans for some reason.

Best? Obviously no NCFC trip as yet, but the new Wembley is truely something to behold.

Two of my mates are Binners season ticket holders and become remarkably unbearable on derby day so for that reason, I''m out.

Worst ground: Smellhurst park. One word, DumpWorst fans: Reading. Dunno they were just dead when i went to the majeski even though they hammered us. And had loads of little chav kids rubbing it in. Them or wolves who are basically a bunch of c****.Best fans: The baggies. Always in good voice. Shame they han''t got that many fans and can''t sell out... (well in the ccc anyways [:P])Best ground: Errr, I''m gonna go out on a limb and say Craven Cottage. Just because it''s a really nice walk from the tube station (and not that far either) and the seats were great and the leg-room as well (I know it didn''t have no food thingys but i never have anythin to drink or eat at grounds anyway). That or the majeski.

Has anyone else been to the Bescott? That is an absolute tip. Also didnt like Brammel lane looks like a massive concrete block.

Best fans I agree with the folks saying blackpool. Sat very near them in the cup game and thought they were great.

Best Ground - Either FCR or The Millenium, i''m waiting for a wembly trip with the canaries aswell

Worst Ground - Selhurst Park, the place is a complete and utter s*** hole, it is also nearly impossible to park a car within a 5 mile radius of the ground

Best Fans - I thought that although he place is pretty s***, the atmosphere between the Bristol City and Norwich fans at ashton gate last season was immense

Worst Fans - Wolves and Ipswich for the obvious reasons

Worst Ground - Selhurst Park, the ground is old and shi*** and they charge £36!!!

Worst fans- Millwall. For the number of throat cutting hand gestures from their fans including kids

Wittiest fans - West Ham "Does the shepherd know you''re here" made me laugh

Best ground - Carrow Road

Best ground for me would have to be San Siro, but I also love Anfield, having the pleasure to stand in the corner of the Anfield Road End.  Can anyone rember that?

Worst ground would have to be Vetchfield or possibly Gigg Lane, they were a mess

Best fans probably for me would be Sunderland,  I can never forget the Milk Cup Final 1985

Worst fans Port Vale, due to a nasty incident there in the mid nineties

Best ground - st jamses or the city of manchester 

Worst Ground - Selhurst or qpr''s chicken pen

Worst Fans - Ipswich or millwall (on the bus out a twat threw an orange at our bus!!!!!!!!!) lol

Best Fans - us and west broms legions of loyal fans

selhurst park shud be set alight. The location is terrible, norwich lose every time, the prices are shocking, the seats are old and wooden and in some cases you get a pilion thing in your way ALL THAT FOR 30 QUID EYY