Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Ameobi or Mifsud?

OK, so Lupoli signed for the year which is great.  That leaves us with Cureton, Lupoli, Martin and ?  Now that we''re linked to Mifsud and are always linked to Ameobi, one would not think we could get both.  Who would be more expensive, and who would be better for our squad, between the two?  Personally, I think I''d prefer Mifsud.

I would prefer Mifsud, BUT...

We have 3 strikers there who are under 6ft, I agreed earlier that we don''t need a big man, because we usually rely on them too much, but I do think we would need one in our set of strikers, just for the ability to change if something isn''t working.

Therefore I can only go for Ameobi.

Got to be a big man , Cureton,Lupoli and Mifsud are all little guys , lets hope its both Roeder did say he was looking for 3 strikers 2 permanent and 1 loan .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Got to be a big man , Cureton,Lupoli and Mifsud are all little guys , lets hope its both Roeder did say he was looking for 3 strikers 2 permanent and 1 loan .
[/quote]

To complete the set we need a target man and a striker with real pace - probably be Rasiak and Rigters!!

Then we would have 4 main strikers;

Target Man (Rasiak, Carroll or AMoebi)

Quick Man (Rigters)

Poacher (Cureton)

Skillfull (Lupoli)

2 more decent strikers and maybe just maybe we will make a few people sit up and take notice. Shame we missed out on Lisbie [;)]

We defiently need a target man. It has to be Ameobi for me, but I would prefer Mifsud because he defends from the front, always working, always closing down the opposition defences and can also score very good goals!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Why do we need a big man if we are planning on playing our footy on the deck.  Man Utd do OK and Rooney/Tevez arent the biggest...

[/quote]Exactly! We could just have one to bring off the bench for a plan B if things go wrong but a starting pair of Lupoli + Mifsud = heaven!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]The difference is Man U don''t play in the Championship.[/quote]YupYou have to think, that the Championship is the more Nitty gritty physical game, where you may need to change the style of play in order to get a scrappy win. While in the prem, its more passing and free-flowing game, giving the edge to the smaller, more mobile Strikers.

[quote user="Canary Chris"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Why do we need a big man if we are planning on playing our footy on the deck.  Man Utd do OK and Rooney/Tevez arent the biggest...

[/quote]Exactly! We could just have one to bring off the bench for a plan B if things go wrong but a starting pair of Lupoli + Mifsud = heaven![/quote]Set pieces

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

They have Scholes, Hargreaves and Carrick playing behind them making things happen. We don''t have a playmaker in midfield. You need a big man or a playmaker in your team, we have neither at present.

I think we will sign one of the ameobi mould and I also think we will sign another striker of the misfud mould or a prem loanee youngster. I cannot believe for a second that Martin is in his thoughts, it''s too clear that he doesn''t rate him. I think we are going to get one more midfielder (once we find where david bell has got lost in chapelfield) and 2 more strikers. seems that omulsuzuzuzizuzi is starting cb alongside stefanovic.

[quote user="TomSlisz"]I would prefer Mifsud anyone who scores 2 goals against Man Yoo has to be good and he has a great record internationally[/quote]Ryan Jarvis scored against Liverpool, once...

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

They have Scholes, Hargreaves and Carrick playing behind them making things happen. We don''t have a playmaker in midfield. You need a big man or a playmaker in your team, we have neither at present.

[/quote]I think hoolahan is a play maker. Did you see the gorleston game? ALWAYS wanted the ball and killed it and created things with it instantly, i think he''s a play maker, not a winger.

[quote user="Yellalee"][quote user="TomSlisz"]I would prefer Mifsud anyone who scores 2 goals against Man Yoo has to be good and he has a great record internationally[/quote]Ryan Jarvis scored against Liverpool, once...[/quote]leon mckenzie scored against man u

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Man-E-Faces"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think hoolahan is a play maker. Did you see the gorleston game? ALWAYS wanted the ball and killed it and created things with it instantly, i think he''s a play maker, not a winger.[/quote]Indeed - play him on the left wing, and we won''t have a left wing. He''s all over the place

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Man-E-Faces"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think hoolahan is a play maker. Did you see the gorleston game? ALWAYS wanted the ball and killed it and created things with it instantly, i think he''s a play maker, not a winger.
[/quote]

Wasn''t at the game but I hope you are right. I tend to think of a playmaker playing in a central role (don''t shoot me down!) but a bit like Francis.

Clingan has been billed as somewhat of a playmaker... and apparently Hoolahan can ''thread a ball through a needle''. Good to see we''ve signed a player who can change the physical form of the ball to complete slightly pointless but still very poignant feats of skill eh...

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Man-E-Faces"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think hoolahan is a play maker. Did you see the gorleston game? ALWAYS wanted the ball and killed it and created things with it instantly, i think he''s a play maker, not a winger.[/quote]

Wasn''t at the game but I hope you are right. I tend to think of a playmaker playing in a central role (don''t shoot me down!) but a bit like Francis.

[/quote]i know what you''re saying about central players being play makers, but when you''ve got captain fozz who can get the ball out to wesley hollywood hoolahan, the touch this boy has got will mean that it''s as good as him having the ball in central areas, i see him linking with fotheringham a lot. Admiteedly i couldn''t go to sweden and i''ve only seen him play in a norwich shirt at emerald park. And the same goes for clingan - but it''s wezzer and fozzer who are our playmakers, clingan to me looks like an unfit gary holt.

well a family member spoke 2 the chairman on the train and he said monday said the 4 players for the target of monday would be 3 strikers and a midfielder

he also said 1 of the transfers was for an international player (lupoli) and it was complicated and taking some time !

looks hopeful !

[quote user="neongreenjon"][quote user="ncfcstar"]The difference is Man U don''t play in the Championship.[/quote]YupYou have to think, that the Championship is the more Nitty gritty physical game, where you may need to change the style of play in order to get a scrappy win. While in the prem, its more passing and free-flowing game, giving the edge to the smaller, more mobile Strikers.[/quote]West Brom found it fine last season.

[quote user="TomSlisz"]I would prefer Mifsud anyone who scores 2 goals against Man Yoo has to be good and he has a great record internationally[/quote]funny you say that, i''m sure Ameobi''s done a job against them! even if the geordies were 6-1 down at the time!

[quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="neongreenjon"][quote user="ncfcstar"]The difference is Man U don''t play in the Championship.[/quote]YupYou have to think, that the Championship is the more Nitty gritty physical game, where you may need to change the style of play in order to get a scrappy win. While in the prem, its more passing and free-flowing game, giving the edge to the smaller, more mobile Strikers.[/quote]West Brom found it fine last season.[/quote]What with the tiny Ishmael Miller helping out Phillips!

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Yellalee"][quote user="TomSlisz"]I would prefer Mifsud anyone who scores 2 goals against Man Yoo has to be good and he has a great record internationally[/quote]Ryan Jarvis scored against Liverpool, once...[/quote]leon mckenzie scored against man u[/quote]Leon was immense for us, i was sad to lose him.