Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Lyle

PFA Fans Player of the Year

Congratulations to DH and to all those who voted for him. DH has totally vindicated NW and the board and changed the whole nature of the club. He (with some help from his friends) has made all Norwich fans believe instead of dream.

oh this is even better news than promotion for me

yes, strange you might say, but as soon as he pulled on a yellow shirt, i knew we would be promoted, knew we would buy him, cos it was our year to dream and to achieve

during the dark days of october, november and december the doubters were many and the official line was we couldn''t risk the club

no, we wouldn''t have to risk the club, we would get back to the promised land and know what, we did it, and largely, due to the great Darren Huckerby

Is there a player who deserves this more, scorn and pity poured on him from various pundits, other managers and fans from other clubs. No, he isn''t a premiership player ( i know plenty of people personally who still think this), well bury your head in the sand you of little faith - cos he is going to go wild next year

all it took was a bit of love and care for him to blossom - and look who has reaped the benefits!

Us, we did it, and he was the key, the catalyst, the driving force

Player of the year for the PFA

I should hope so, and for us - he is both humble and generous off the pitch, always saying it is a team game, well yes it is, but he has turned our team into believers, wishers and finally achievers

Thank you Darren, for coming to Norfolk and giving us hope, belief and now the premiership - you have my vote for the player of the year, without question and you have the hearts of all whose hearts are yellow and green

Thank you so much - it has been a great, great season, and this is a just reward for you after all you have done for us here.

All I can do is echo what you have both said. I can''t stop smiling thinking about what has been achieved this season. Oops....where are those tissues again?

susie, i am still filling up girl, after amassing all the papers of the past week and thinking of it all the time i am constantly in tears, but happily tears of joy as i look at all the wonderful photos, will be down at the EDP nerve centre on saturday ordering lots of photos for my front room!! It will be turned into a photo gallery soon lol

by the way, thanks pink un for the fantastic wallpapers, am changing them everyday!!! Great choice and wow, how nice to wake up every morning to see the boys jumping around in all that champagne, wonderful

we must all remember this year, for whatever happens in the future, this season was always going to be ours

and are we proud?

you bet we are

Be sure to take in an EDP or Evening News on Saturday at reception to get loads of glossy posters and car stickers. Although I''m not sure the reception is open long on a Saturday...

Gazza,
Couldn''t have put it better than you have,but then he has been our(mine and yours) player of the year since he signed on Xmas Eve,hasnt he.We knew what was to come didnt we?

Might seem a bit odd if Green or Fleming beat the PFA Player of the Year to the Barry Butler trophy though...

Peter- when is reception open on Saturday? I cannot come to the Preston game which is really rather gutting as I took the day off as holiday but then couldn''t get a ticket! However I have asked a friend of mine to buyt a programme and will ask him to pop in and get the EDP pack, but he''s travelling up from Cambridge so would be useful to know if he has to get there by a certain time.

Cheers.

I would just like to echo what everyone has said. What a wonderful signing, before he signed, I was under the impression that he was a selfish player who took on too many defenders and frustrated his teammates. How wrong I could be. Every time he gets the ball you expect something to happen and the only frustrated players are the opposition defenders.

Glad you like the wallpapers. Have just changed the Celebration one to the photo with me in the background!

a fair few of us are intrigued to see what the web team look like, peter, and will definately go into the reception and get the posters and stickers, and order lots and lots of photos, really looking forward to saturday

if the meet for the posters is still on for after the match i will be there, just try and stop me

you have been warned (city angel will try to keep me under control) lol

Hear hear!! I was chuffed when he signed for us and am now thoroughly impressed with the guy. Not only has he added flair to our side, he has also brought a shed load of teamwork.
I also was of the opinion that he was talented but selfish - how wrong could we be, Hucks provides as many chances as he takes. His attitude is spot on as well, constantly being hacked and fouled, yet he tends just to get on with it. Top geezer!!