Sign in to follow this  
OTBC

JOHN KENNEDY !!

[quote user="bass is best"]

1 more loan, the rest has to be perms!!!!

[/quote]

anyone know anything about him ?

Hucks also gets a mention in the little amusing story category, quoted

from the telly interview that kicked off the whole "Yanks are stupid"

thing... nice to see the tabloids keeping up... [8-)]

Kennedy was mentioned on here the other day, will file this one under "rumour" for now...

Celtic defender set for City loan switch

Glenn Roeder is reported to be close to securing another loan deal, beating Motherwell to Celtic defender John Kennedy.

The Norwich squad continues to take shape this morning with the name of Celtic''s John Kennedy being added to the lengthy list of players linked to Carrow Road.

Taken from Norwich City Mad this morning

[quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]Nope - 4 more loans...! Total of 8 loans at any one time but 5 in a squad - I think!Within any group of 6 players, say, one isn''t going to make the team (injury, tactics, form, resting, internationals, suspension) - so there is a good chance we''ll have 6 or more loanees. I think we did last year - confusing as it was for many people.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]

Nope - 4 more loans...!

Total of 8 loans at any one time but 5 in a squad - I think!

Within any group of 6 players, say, one isn''t going to make the team (injury, tactics, form, resting, internationals, suspension) - so there is a good chance we''ll have 6 or more loanees. I think we did last year - confusing as it was for many people.
[/quote]

Yep your right. I think that Roeder knows that with the squad that we started with it would be hard to buy all the players needed, in fact it would be pretty much impossible. But he is using the loan system to cover all the areas of pitch, and with quality. I think he is also using the loan system alot so that he has more money to buy permanent quality. I think he is going to use the money to buy some strikers, like Ameobi or Mifsud. This is because if they do well for the club, they could sell them off for a profit. I know it sounds bad but it is sensible management. If we were to sign a young and permanent centre-back, and they had a very good season, like Shittu has, then his value is around £2 million. If we signed either Mifsud or Ameobi, and they scored around 20 goals a season, we could make a hefty profit on him. Like what Cardiff got for Chopra. I''m getting really optimistic about the signings that Roeder has made and I think we are going to have a good season, at least top half.

Info from wikipedia

Personal information
Full nameJohn Kennedy
Date of birthAugust 18, 1983 (1983-08-18) (age 24)
Place of birth   Bellshill, Scotland
Height6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Playing positionDefender
Club information
Current clubCeltic
Number41
Senior clubs1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
1999-Celtic28 (1)   
National team2
2002-2004
Scotland U-21''s
Scotland
15 (1)
1 (0)

is apparently Celtic''s longest serving player having been at the club for 8 years

So he''s been at Celtic for nine years and has only made 28 appearances? I''m not saying that definately means he''s rubbish or anything but it''s a slight concern. Injury prone or just not good enough to play on a regular basis?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

So he''s been at Celtic for nine years and has only made 28 appearances? I''m not saying that definately means he''s rubbish or anything but it''s a slight concern. Injury prone or just not good enough to play on a regular basis?

[/quote]

He suffered a serious knee ligament injury on his international debut against Romania in March 2004, when Romanian striker Ionel Ganea made a challenge on him, which kept him out of the first team for three years. The SFA agreed to compensate the club with respect to the player''s wages following his injury.

He''s also only 24, so for a good number of those 9 years he''d have been

youth... then the reported injury which was inflicted on him by another

player.  Could be good cover...

Why can we not just get some permanent signings too many loans and it just feels like a borrowed team,  4 should be the maximum, Still far from convinced we have much of a transfer kitty to spend .

[quote user="ncfc_chris"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

He suffered a serious knee ligament injury on his international debut against Romania in March 2004, when Romanian striker Ionel Ganea made a challenge on him, which kept him out of the first team for three years. The SFA agreed to compensate the club with respect to the player''s wages following his injury.

[/quote]

Cheers mate, I probably could have checked that myself but I''m just sooooo busy at work [;)]

MMMMRRRRRRR KKKKKKEEEEENNNNNNNNNEEEEEDDDDDDYYYYY!!!!!!!................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

kennedy!!!!!

Sorry had to do it!(only people who watch WWE will get this)

I asked my celtic pal if he was any good, this is what he said:

"

Yeah he is. That was his international debut and it was a shocker kept him out for 3 years then he got back in to the team and was carried off in a Champs League game v Shaktar last year.

A footballing centre half but he likes a tackle. Think Malky MacKay with brains.

Shame about the injury. It’s not like he has dodgy hamstrings or anything just some mad b*stard went after him for no reason."