sheff utd?

strikers

1. beattie
  2. shelton
  3. webber
  4. stead
  5. sharp
  6. henderson

and we have lupoli who scored 4 proper goals for derby in a season. hate to admit it people but sheffield utd are leagues above us. even worse we miss out on misfuid to who? surely a bigger team? no! bristol "F''N" city

[quote user="billy bunter"]

strikers

1. beattie

2. shelton

3. webber

4. stead

5. sharp

6. henderson

and we have lupoli who scored 4 proper goals for derby in a season. hate to admit it people but sheffield utd are leagues above us. even worse we miss out on misfuid to who? surely a bigger team? no! bristol "F''N" city

[/quote]

where has the 4 goals figure come from?

they''re not going to be using all 6 in a game are they [:O]

He scored 7 on loan 3 were vs wrexham!!!

they have strength in depth unlike us. what happens lupoli is a star and he breaks his leg sept 1st after window! who we left with? you havn''t really thought this through have you? cureton as loan striker if lupoli is injured! we bet hope the injury god is on our side. injuries to marshall or lupoli would leave us in the mire!

Agree Billy, if we land Mifsud it will convince me this board really are ambitious and not just knee-jerking in the wake of Cullum.

Unfortunately you and I know it won''t happen.

Billy, do you think Roeder has finished with signing strikers now,

then? I doubt it very much, in fact Roeder himself has said he''s

looking for some bigger chaps for the little fellas to play off... Have

faith, and don''t EVER dare to suggest that we are inferior to that scummy, sh*tty excuse for a football club, EVER AGAIN! [:@][:P]

they have strength in depth unlike us. what happens lupoli is a star and he breaks his leg sept 1st after window! who we left with? you havn''t really thought this through have you? cureton as loan striker if lupoli is injured! we bet hope the injury god is on our side. injuries to marshall or lupoli would leave us in the mire!

[/quote]

yet another who thinks Wikipedia shows cup stats as well as league.

he scored 7 league goals in just 20 starts whilst often playing wide as Davies sometimes went with just Steve Howard up top

Roeder isnt going to sign another striker [:D]

[/quote]

Spot on! - we are groaning under the weight of ''midfield players'' so much so that we could easily field two first team sets of midfield 4 with others still left out! IF some of them were know goalscorers as well then we may just about get away with a shortage of true strikers but to my knowledge none of our midfield players is likely to get the 8-10 league goals you need.  

IMO we still need two first team strikers and these need to be permanent signings of at all possible. I fear all we will end up with is Ameobi who GR will trumpet as the best striker in The Championship but I am worried about him joining us (if he does). I don''t think he has the hold up play, touch and workrate you need at this level, plus a lot of the goals he has scored have been, how can I put this, ''dubious quality'' to say the least! 

[/quote]

No he didnt he scored 11 on loan, of which 7 were in the league and 4 were in the cup. The four in the cup included the 3 against Wrexham. He scored 11 goals in 20 starts for Derby. If you scoff at that then you are a fool and I suggest that you get your facts in order. Ched Evans scored 10 goals in 20 games for Norwich last year. I bet you dont go round saying that Ched Evans has a bad strike rate do you?

cheers mate, but you 20mins late in bringing that news to me, i can read the other posts moron!!

strikers

1. beattie

2. shelton

3. webber

4. stead

5. sharp

6. henderson

[/quote]

We''re doooomed!!!

P.S. Go and support Sheff Utd then because clearly GR has finished signing strikers, this is as good as it gets...

what is a dubious goal? do they count for less than an undubious goal?

[quote user="billy bunter"]cheers mate, but you 20mins late in bringing that news to me, i can read the other posts moron!![/quote]

Well maybe you should have read the ''other posts'' a week ago, when everybody was already discussing Lupoli''s strike rate. For the record, Beattie is going to be playing in the premiership next year, and Darius Henderson has been bought as his replacement. Billy Sharp scored something like 5 goals last year.

Doesnt sound so good now does it?

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

[quote user="billy bunter"]cheers mate, but you 20mins late in bringing that news to me, i can read the other posts moron!![/quote]

Well maybe you should have read the ''other posts'' a week ago, when everybody was already discussing Lupoli''s strike rate. For the record, Beattie is going to be playing in the premiership next year, and Darius Henderson has been bought as his replacement. Billy Sharp scored something like 5 goals last year.

Doesnt sound so good now does it?

[/quote]

Billy Cunter

At least one more striker will come, I am sure of that.

I work in Nottingham and work with a couple of Derby fans who are green with envy we signed Lupoli.  They think he is awesome and are gutted we got him.

Previous poster got it spot on, Dery fans dont think he was used correctly and spend much of his time out on the flanks with Howard as a lone striker. This guy could get us 20 goals this season if he plays all games

I hate Sheff Utd and everything about them.  In theory they had a much better team than us last season but f*cked it up, just as I am sure they will do this season

[/quote]

I thought you could still get players on loan after the transfer window closes (in the Championship) so there would still be an opportunity to get a "dis-satisfied" Premier league player in.