Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Li-ti Dhasem.

Heard a whisper going around carrow road today that city have almost agreed a season long loan with highly rated malaysian striker Li-ti Dhasem. Apparantly he has scored an amazing 43 times in the top malaysian league and has been watched by scouts from many of the top clubs in europe. Personally i''d never heard of the guy but my mate reckons Southampton tried to get him just before christmas. Anyone else heard anything about him?

how loud was this whisper?? i wouldnt be suprised if he was malaysian,what with the tour and sponsorship
its also a point that many people ahve said we wont buy until later,but this is a different case.all the malaysuans will want to see their best player,and the fact that he will be in norwich colours will undoubtedly spur them on to buy shirts and other stuff. even if hes crap i reckon that he would be a good siging commercialy,but maybe he is good ive never heard of him.
other than that id be suprised of it was a season long loan.its not often that a club will loan out a 43 goal striker,id think they would want money

Yeh southampton certainly were scouting him. It was in the Southampton Echo football gossip. If we get him he will be great for shirt sales!!! See I told u yankeecanary. Haha.

Interesting post.

I''ve posted before that I think some very interesting things will come out of our Malaysian connection and it wouldn''t surprise me at all if we picked up a "star" from there just to boost commercial sales etc, but if we do, I hope that there is a footballing purpose as well.

I can''t find anything about this guy though - sure you got the spelling right as it makes it very hard to find anything on Google unless you have. Any idea of who he plays for currently?

Tried the Malaysian FA site - but nothing on there about him that I could find. Also note the top league in Malaysia is called the Super League - the Premier League is their Div 1 equivalent!

point taken templeton,but i think that deal was actually built into their sponsorship deal.i quite like the idea of getting this guy,but how do you spell his name i cant find him anywhere on the internet

The top league in Malaysia is actually called the "M-League". I regularly used to watch it when I lived in Brunei as the Brunei National team used to be in it. The standard is pretty low. Brunei''s star player used to be a lad called Brian Bothwell from Australia who had played semi-pro for Northwich Victoria in England. He was at the time about the best in the league, but still pretty average. Tony Cottee also played in the M-League for a season. He failed to make any impact, although I don''t think his heart was in it.
I had a look at the M-League website, and can find no mention of Li-Ti Dhasem. I searced through each of the participating teams but came up with nothing. There is certainly no player who has scored 43 goals this season. In fact, the leading goal-scoring team are Selengor who collectively have only scored 20. They have a guy playing for them called ''Rusdi Suparman''. Worth signing for the tabloid headlines alone!
Maybe this guy has moved on from Malaysian football and is playing elsewhere in asia? J-League maybe?

Are you sure that we''re not going to sign a netballer to boost the club coffers?? Looks like they score 43 goals a GAME!!

This is all I could find on the wonderful world of the Interweb!!!

"MALAYSIAN side Northside Arowana, led by national goal-shooter Aruna Santhappan''s 43 goals, opened this year''s Netball Super League with a 61-39 victory over Southern Stingrays at Bedok Sports Hall yesterday"

I checked the national senior and under-23 squads and there''s no mention of this bloke. Although the name doesn''t really seem in common with the names of the rest of the squad - are you sure he''s Malaysian?

Or is it silly season already - Weah''s cousin at Southampton anyone?

Im very sorry everyone, it appears i have been the victim of a hoax. I thought something was strange when nobody could find anything about him. On confronting my mate he roared with laughter and couldn''t believe i''d posted it on here. Apparantly it''s been doing the rounds at the UEA for about a week and it''s just an anagram of someone at the club. Unfortuanatly i don''t yet know who!!