Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

thrid strips

can anyone else remember the days of the thrid strip for teams ?
i remember that awfull red thing that was around a couple of years ago ! that has to have been the worst kit we have ever had !
the third strip is one i am still unsure of the old norwich & peterbough puprle and white kit i loved ! maybe if we could copy man u and have a reversable away shirt next year that way we would get two for the price of one !
any ideas on what we should have ?

Bring back the vomit.
I think we should bring back the vomit home strip from our high days in the Premiership and Europe. Surely our most successful strip!

i actually liked the red kit (who can forget it at that semi at molineux)

and i hated the white and purple one

have to say the present kit is very nice, as long as the home kit is green and yellow (not all yellow as a few years back) and we never, ever

have blue and white together one a shirt again!!!!

as for copying man u

no thanks, not in any shape or form

Good call on the red strip gazza, but no-one seems to remember the God-awful Blue ''tartan'' offering from a few years back, which made everyone look like a Tesco''s employee.

Third kits rule - they''re achance for teams to produce some truly awful strips. I remember that horrible red kit, but I''m couldn''t remember it being the 3rd kit.

The navy blue 3rd kit we had for the European campaign was delicious.

According to the Football League website (updated at the start of the 2003-2004 season) we have a 3rd choice kit of sky blue and white halves with navy shorts and socks. This sounds like the Centenary shirt but I doubt we have ever worn it.

Did the club nominate it as our 3rd choice kit as part of the centenary celebrations?

I still have the Tartan one and am gutted it no longer fits!

Purple one with flourescent yellow stripes that made you look like a steward was great too!

i have every kit from 92 onwards hardly any of them fit so i am savin them for when i have kids make them wear them !

We wore the centenary kit at wolves last season, the only time to my knowledge. I have a white shirt from 2000-1 with Colmans as the sponsors and the badge in the centre, something similar would look good.

Mmm, white strips, yes indeed, with nice green trim round the edges and a great big PROTON in the middle. I remember a similar strip from somewhere around the Martin O''Neill era (as a player that is...) - looked damn good then, too...

Speaking of kits, whats the crack with our green away kit being "sold off" in the Club shop. Is this just a promotion-price cut or are the Lotus sellout rumours true meaning we will need a new away kit for next season?

Oh and I pray every two years that our new kit will resemble the "egg yolk and salad cress" (as Motty described it on Motd) from our Europe days.

The latest rumour doing the rounds from the staff in the club shop is that the shirt will be black with a gold trim, lotus colours, sounds dangerously like the wolverines if you ask me!

does anyone else think the dpc shirts were the best, including material, etc!! The new new ones pluck on everything!! Mine looks like I''ve worn it every day for 10 years!!

Not happy to hear people knocking the tarten kit!! still got mine hanging on my wall! Love it!! bit small though!!