Sign in to follow this  
Pieman

Where is the strangest place you've seen a fella yella?

In Banff Town Centre in Canada this January Just gone, he had his Norwich beenie hat on, I had to have a double take just to make sure but it definitely was one of ours!

On another occasion saw someone wearing one ofr shirts up in Inverness.

May I add, do you guys wear your Norwich shirt for the duration of your holiday, or just pick the luckiest moments to do so.

Think of all the Norwich fans who you may come across abroad who arent wearing their favourite City shirt, and go under the radar ;)

In Cyprus a couple of years ago both the rooms next to us were Ipswich fans and the room opposite a fellow yellow.In Poland last week I spied a Norwich shirt from the walls of Krakow Castle.Also whilst in Turkey a guy on the market went "I can get you any football shirt in the world" so we naturally went "ok, Norwich City" He disapperared into his van and came back with a fake Norwich shirt, we thought we''d of beaten him :(

At Sainsburys checkout in Cannock just after Peter Grant had been sacked. The other guy was talking football the check out operator with a Wolves fan.

Sorry but not very exotic.

Ackney Canary said : Top deck of the Brewongle Stand, two rows behind me, at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Jan 3 2003 - it was a good omen: we won the Test.

That might have been me or my brothers that you saw there as we were all certainly there. I remember wearing my new Norwich cap every day there. I still wear it alot! We saw some scummers there too and I messed up a group photo they were taking my getting in the background and holding the badge on my shirt up prominently :)

Walking through a Mall in Detroit & stopped by a passer-by (American chap) who clocked the shirt & then preceded to tell me why we should''ve never sold Sutton all those years ago! Was dumbstruck to say the least but me & the then Mrs had a few pints with him shortly after.

Am I the only one who feels a tingling sense of pride when you see our Yellow shirt in foreign climbs?

First post on this forum ever. Don''t know about the strangest place ever seeing a city fan but I probably qualify as the farthest placed canary fan, brought up in Dunedin in the south of New Zealand, very few places geographically further away from Carrow Road. My father was born in Wymondham and I still have relatives in the area. Started supporting Norwich when I began to play football at seven years old (twenty nine years ago), still remember the Pink''un arriving for Dad every week back when it was printed on pink newsprint, and later proudly turning up to practice every week in the 1981 admiral kit- along with all the predictable slaggings about wearing aussie colours! I have been an avid fan ever since, although I ironically lost track in the late eighties/ early nineties when Mike Walker took us into a golden period (blame it on a misspent youth!). Picked up again when I visited the hallowed turf in ''94 and have sang like a canary wherever I''ve been since despite the obvious slaggings at times. Will always be a die-hard Canary whatever happens. For my two cents worth, I think Delia did a good job of appointing Roeder, a very shrewd manager who looks to be assembling a very good squad given his resources, although I doubt  that she has the always acted in the best interests of the club in terms of allocating funds towards quality in the playing staff. The manager needs available funds otherwise we will risk losing him to a team that will give him the scope he needs to lead a side capable of Premiership football. At the time of this post I am hoping for a big strong striker and a big strong centre back to complete the squad, both complying to Roeders wishes of committed keen players, then I think we can be a realistic threat in this league, I have every confidence that he can do so, call me an optomist. Very much looking forward to becoming a regular poster as soon as I get an internet connection at home,  c''mon you yellows!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I was standing on a rock on a fairly deserted piece of coastline in Malta when I turned to my girlfriend of the time and said - "I wonder if they''ve got a new manager at Norwich yet ?".  20 yards behind me a voice shouted "It''s Martin O''Neill".  Turns out the bloke 20 yards behind us was from Stowmarket.

That was fairly odd.

[/quote]

Blimey, you''re a romantic barsteward aren''t you ! But thanks for the laugh, I laughed out loud when i read this just now !

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

I was standing on a rock on a fairly deserted piece of coastline in Malta when I turned to my girlfriend of the time and said - "I wonder if they''ve got a new manager at Norwich yet ?".  20 yards behind me a voice shouted "It''s Martin O''Neill".  Turns out the bloke 20 yards behind us was from Stowmarket.

That was fairly odd.

[/quote]

Blimey, you''re a romantic barsteward aren''t you ! But thanks for the laugh, I laughed out loud when i read this just now !

[/quote]

Yeah, you''re right - that is hilarious! [:D]

And welcome aboard, Kiwi.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

That was fairly odd.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Things are always funnier when they''re true.  I hadn''t thought of it that way, which probably makes it funnier still [:)]

On my first day of uni in Pompey I was moving into halls. I was wearing my City shirt and the very first person I met came out of his room in the next corridor along wearing a city shirt. He was from Kent, another chap on the corridor from Gillingham also supported City

Probably walking around a Microsoft Exchange Conference in Orlando Conference Centre.  I was wearing my city shirt and one of the exhibitors was a fellow supporter.  After that maybe not the strangest but I had to help one of our sales teams set up a conference in London.  We were all working in Oxford but chatting in the pub at the end of the day of the 5 of us, 3 of us were city supporters.

hervey bay east coast of australia i was walking along the beach looking at he whales in the distance and as i turned around there was 3 of the buggers standing behind me in the old yellow and green we drannk lots of beer talking about city till i passed out in the morning they were gone!!!