Sign in to follow this  
Del-Boy

Free Transfers

Andy Griffin-rb from Newcastle
Julian grey-lw from Palace
Both are available on free''s this summer.Both players are about 25 years old and i think would be good additions to the squad.
What doe''s everyone else think.

On The Ball City

DD, Routledge did OK against us for Palace partly because Shackell had an off day. While Im sure he is a good player he may be lightweight for the Premiership. Besides, Palace need to determine which league they are playing in next season before before we consider asset stripping.

Do the MK Dons have any other gems like Francis left or have they all blowing bubbles?

Andy Griffen is worth a look - has a few seasons with Newcastle but no longer a regular starter - no disgrace in a team that will get Euro football each season.

Routledge is well thought off and has had a good season but I agree he looks a bit lightweight - in another couple of seasons maybe. Gray just looks like a good first division player and we have those at the club already.

As well as buying players we do need to be sure they improve on the current squad - I am not sure Routledge or Gray do that.

OTBC

I didn''t know that Griffen''s contract was up actually. In January Portsmouth made a £3M bid for Lua-Lua and Griffen, which was rejected by Newcastle. Pompey now look like they are going to get Lua-Lua for £2M in the next few weeks so £1M for a fringe player who''s contract would be up in a few months would have been pretty damn good! Incidently, if for any reason Lua-Lua didn''t move to Portsmouth I''d love to get him. He''s done really well and is a very exciting player. I''m just gutted Rioch didn''t buy him for 250K years ago from Colchester when he had the chance!

This was taken from skysports website in Janurary 04

The sale of Griffin would come as more of a surprise, despite him slipping behind Aaron Hughes in the St James'' Park pecking order.

The former Stoke City man''s departure would leave Newcastle somewhat thin on the full back front, but it could prove to be a shrewd move as his contract is due to expire in the summer.

Think he would provide great cover at right back

I don''t think he would be happy signed as cover. If he were signed it would be th end of Edworthy in the 1st team i fear. I really do think that cover at centre back is more important due to age and speed factors. Once again I reiterate the need to sign the Riggott.

I agree that griffen would be an excellent acquisition, not as cover but as a starting full back. As good as Eds has been this season there have been times when he has looked very vulnerable which would increase next year.

I would prefer Griffen to Riggot or Higgenbotham.

OTBC