Sign in to follow this  
SpA

Curo's confidence returns?

For those that are subscribers to the official site and seen the action from the Falkenbergs gamehttp://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/sub/TVNews/0,,10355~1349852,00.htmllooked like the finish of a confident striker, very nice goal indeed! hopefully he will reproduce shots like this during the season

the brace curo got against soton last year were very well taken from a confident striker...regretfully i never saw him in that kind of form again, lets hope he''sback to his best after a difficult season for him last year?<>

when he is confident and on form he can put the ball in from anywhere, but if he isnt quite on his game then he really stands out because he doesnt have much else to his game other than being a goalscorer

like i said.. Cureton needs the right sort of player up front with him.. someone he knows will score goals and take the pressure off him.. could Makiese be that man? Lets hope so.. the 2 seem to have worked well together so far

jas :)

[quote user="GJP"]I would too. Even though I think he''s rubbish.[/quote]

I hope Wiz doesn''t see this - Curo is his love child you know.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Lol! seriously though mate, if a few dumb arseholes got off is back, especially on here! then maybe Jamie''s confidence might return.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]the brace curo got against soton last year were very well taken from a confident striker...regretfully i never saw him in that kind of form again, lets hope he''sback to his best after a difficult season for him last year?<>
[/quote]

probs cos post match interview grant said he was dissapointed with him, same with the barnet game when we won 5-1, scored 2 in that game too, and still said he was angry at him for not setting up big dave..guess his confidence took a knock!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Lol! seriously though mate, if a few dumb arseholes got off is back, especially on here! then maybe Jamie''s confidence might return.

[/quote]Heimlich maneuver for 7rew.Ever thought of applying that to any other player?

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Heimlich maneuver for 7rew.Ever thought of applying that to any other player?[/quote]Yeah, but has any other player ever dyed their hair for a derby? I bet Lupoli won''t do it. So I for one will boo his every touch.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

His confidence returning really would be the icing on the cake.

Especially if the cake was made out of pace, strength, height, movement, work rate, ability and composure. But unfortunately it isn''t.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I really doubt a few arseholes on here are the root of his confidence problem!

no i dont think they are  the reason either ob1. lets hope he can do this season what he done for colchester  then maybe those ar*****es will shut up

His 23 goals in the 2006-07 season gave him the Championship Golden Boot as the league''s top scorer, and made him the first Colchester United striker since Tony Adcock to score 20 league goals in a season; the first for 22 years.

The guy is still quality but needs the right strike partner. An Iwelumo not a Lupoli, an Ameobi not a Rigters or a Ched Evans. Give him the right strike partner and once again he will be knocking them in for us. 33 yrs old next month he still has at least one good season left in him. Let''s exploit this asset whilst we can.

May I just point out that Ameobi, whilst big and strong, isn''t the kind

of "target man" that some people seem to think.  He''s got a lot of

pace and has good movement off the ball and knows where the net is

occasionally.  Stoke tried to hoof long balls up for him to hold

it up and he ended up completely wasted there...

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

The guy is still quality

[/quote]

Quality? Jamie Cureton is a million miles off being quality. Unless it''s poor quality, which is closer to the truth.

Quality for me is more like Torres, Henry, Eto''o, Drogba, Keane, Owen etc etc and even Earnie and Ched Evans.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

The guy is still quality

[/quote]

Quality? Jamie Cureton is a million miles off being quality. Unless it''s poor quality, which is closer to the truth.

Quality for me is more like Torres, Henry, Eto''o, Drogba, Keane, Owen etc etc and even Earnie and Ched Evans.

[/quote]

Quality is relative and of course I''m talking our league not the Premiership. None of our players would make the grade in a top Premiership club. Lupoli didn''t and couldn''t even make the grade at Derby. The only exceptions in your list that I will focus upon are the last 2. IMO Cureton is on a par with the ugly one and Ched Evans is an enigma at the moment. Still too young to judge. I don''t know how many appearances Evans made last season and how many goals he scored. Do you ? If so, wd be interested to know how it compares with Cureton.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

The guy is still quality

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quality is relative and of course I''m talking our league not the Premiership. None of our players would make the grade in a top Premiership club. Lupoli didn''t and couldn''t even make the grade at Derby. The only exceptions in your list that I will focus upon are the last 2. IMO Cureton is on a par with the ugly one and Ched Evans is an enigma at the moment. Still too young to judge. I don''t know how many appearances Evans made last season and how many goals he scored. Do you ? If so, wd be interested to know how it compares with Cureton.

[/quote]

Cureton on a par with Earnshaw? Can''t say I agree with that. Earnie has proven himself a prolific goalscorer at this level regardless of who he plays for or with. Cureton gets excused by not having the service or not having the right partner but that''d never be a problem for Earnie - he has the knack of scoring goals.

As for Ched Evans... he''s just got so much more to his game. He really is a very gifted footballer and will only get better. He''s already comfortably a far better player than Cureton has been or will ever be.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

The guy is still quality

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cureton on a par with Earnshaw? Can''t say I agree with that. Earnie has proven himself a prolific goalscorer at this level regardless of who he plays for or with. Cureton gets excused by not having the service or not having the right partner but that''d never be a problem for Earnie - he has the knack of scoring goals.

As for Ched Evans... he''s just got so much more to his game. He really is a very gifted footballer and will only get better. He''s already comfortably a far better player than Cureton has been or will ever be.

[/quote]

Like I already said, Ched Evans is an enigma at the moment. Still too young to judge. I don''t know how many appearances Evans made last season and how many goals he scored. Do you ? If so, wd be interested to know how it compares with Cureton

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

The guy is still quality

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like I already said, Ched Evans is an enigma at the moment. Still too young to judge. I don''t know how many appearances Evans made last season and how many goals he scored. Do you ? If so, wd be interested to know how it compares with Cureton

[/quote]

No, I don''t know off the top of my head. I think it''s something like 10 goals in 20 starts and 10 subs. Something along those lines, roughly. But as we know... Ched does more than just score goals. Which Cureton doesn''t.

In my opinion the only thing that can''t be judged about Ched Evans is just how far he will go. His class, at this level, is evident.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Last season (source : wiki)

Cureton : 12 goals from 41 games

Evans : 10 goals from 28 games.

[/quote]

Both reasonably good ratios but moreso Evans although I don''t know if the gaols are league or other competitions. Doesn''t really matter. IMO both are good players, one at the start of his career and one near the end and both with alot to offer but not when they are playing together. I remember that the great Ted McDougall was never anything but an out and out goal scorer and then only when receiving the ball inside the box and whilst I wouldn''t put JC in his class, Cureton can still do an excellent job for our club but only with the right partner. I suppose Roeder sees JC as Grant''s man not his so that''s number one problem because of our lovely Glenn''s personality. Secondly, maybe he doesn''t want to invest in a big strong striker in the Iwelumo mould if he feels that Cureton only has one good season left anyway. I would but then I''m not the manager !

[quote user="no1 donny fan"]no i dont think they are  the reason either ob1. lets hope he can do this season what he done for colchester  then maybe those ar*****es will shut up[/quote]Until then, I guess they''ve got their reasons, no - not that I agree...? :)

I dont think we would have been questioning Curo''s goalscoring ratio if our midfield would have scored a few more last season.

Unfortuantely, we were dependant on Curo''s goals for many games as our midfield werent looking like scoring.

[quote user="Largey"]

I dont think we would have been questioning Curo''s goalscoring ratio if our midfield would have scored a few more last season.

Unfortuantely, we were dependant on Curo''s goals for many games as our midfield werent looking like scoring.

[/quote]

Nail. Head.

As our number one hope for goals Jamei cant cut it. But as one of a number of goal scorers then he will do fine. But therefore we need a Lupoli as another options as well as a big man.