Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Who is your all time favourite Norwich player?

I know he isn''t everyone''s favourite, but I do have a soft spot for Steve Bruce for providing one of my best footballing moments - my first season going to every (home) game was 84/85 and he had been signed in the close-season.  Anyway, the goal he scored late on v the binners to take us to Wembley was and is one of my all-time favourite football moments, so I have to thank him for that at least!

It is too difficult to call on who is my favourite of all time - it would be a long list including Sutton, Eadie, Chippy, Hucks for starters - I couldn''t really come up with just one player.

KEVIN  KEELAN , BARRY BUTLER , MARTIN PETERS , RON DAVIES  these were real stars and i think Glenn will add a few to this list with the quality that is arriving .

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]

Keelan, Woods.

Bowen, Culverhouse.

Barry Butler, Ollie Burton, Forbes, Bruce, Watson, Linighan, Malky.

Tommy Bryceland, Kenny Foggo, Paddon, Peters, Crook, Suggett, Eadie, Channon, Hucks.

Ron Davies, Ted Macdougal & Phil Boyer, Flecky, Sutton, Drinkell, Iwan, Ashton. 

I know theres a few i forgot, but that would be a decent squad.

[/quote]

Yep, i forgot Dion.

Toss up between Hucks and Iwan....I named my first son Iwan.

Both for obvious reasons...loyal, awesome at what they did and decent geezers to boot. 

Third place would be Neil Adams for me.

Andy Linighan.

If only for his FA Cup winning header for Arsenal which put us into Europe........... oh, happy days.

It has to be Ian Crook. The man was a genius with the ball and a lovely player to watch, especially his passing and free kicks. Robert Fleck just because he give a w****r sign to the North stand at scum when we played them. And good old Gunny. I use to love standing in the old Barclay when he use to run out and try and head the crossbar. Whooooooaaaaahhhh  oooooooooooo.

[quote user="Marty"]Trevor Puteny or Henrik Mortensen[/quote]That''s Putney of course

Huckerby is definately at the top for me. I have had a season ticket for the past10 seasons and in that time he is by the far the most exciting player that i have seen. No other player in my time has captured the imaginations, offered so much on the pitch and cared about the club. He has been all round, spuerby for NCFC. A true Legend/

After that, Malkay Mackay, true passion, harshly dealt with by Worthy. He scored against the scum....

And a suprising choice perhaps...Adam Drury. He''s always came in for so much stick from people around me, so much undeserved when he''s been a good player for us over the years. So, ive been constantly defending him and i uppose see him as one of my favourite players.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]Has to be Darren Eadie for me. Loyal, exciting and super fast and made everybody burst with excitement.  Closely followed by Darren Huckerby, Ian Crook and Mark Bowen. All Canary legends (please note that I have been following seriously since 1992 so anybody before this I would not have seen enough).[/quote]Eadie is a legend! England quality but for the annoying injurys! remember his 17 goals from left mid one season! He helped me when i was mascot 13 yrs ago and i lost my programme too and gave me a fully signed one which i have on my wall to this day! Legend! Even tho i was 8 then, i could see Martin O''Neill wasn''t happy/ was on his last few days at the club! Me and a young Akinbyi got kicked out of the dressing room for 15 mins b4 kick off! and i could hear all the commotion going on! Gunny seemed gutted before kick off! No wonder i put so many past him in the warm up! Only ward, Newsome and Eadie stuck to their task that day! (2-3Sad [:(]!)

John Deehan (hence atavar) - not the most exciting player in the world, but banged in lots of goals, including a Hat-trick in the very first game I went to at Carrow Road in 1982.  Mark Barham comes close from the same era.  Perhaps unusually I was a real fan of Andy Townsend when he was with us - can''t say the same about him as a pundit though!

Chris Sutton probably gets my vote.

It''s close - between him, Crook, Iwan, & Bellamy.

Jason Jarrett!!!

Obviously not, my favourites in no particular order are:

Iwan Roberts, Gary Holt, Steen Nedergaard, Robert Fleck, Darren Huckerby, John Polston, Rob Newman, Daryl Sutch, Malky Mackay, Craig Fleming, Neil Adams and Mike Walker (if I''m allowed a manager)

As you can tell I like a "tryer". Surprised nobody mentioned Holty, ran his b****cks off for us, and played a lot more games in the Championship winning season than either Francis or Mulryne.

[quote user="suffolk canary"]John Deehan (hence atavar) - not the most exciting player in the world, but banged in lots of goals, including a Hat-trick in the very first game I went to at Carrow Road in 1982.  Mark Barham comes close from the same era.  Perhaps unusually I was a real fan of Andy Townsend when he was with us - can''t say the same about him as a pundit though![/quote]

That wasn''t a 6-1 victory over Watford was it? First goal was a header, up with the keeper on the bounce and the last one a blasted pen dead straight into the roof of the net. One of my first games.