Sign in to follow this  
Bicester Canary

Gaetano Giallanza remember how great he was?

Dean Coney and Peter Thorne. The list goes on........

Oh, and there was the wretched Paul Dalglish. We''ve had some cracking forwards down the years!!!!

Am I the only one that thought that Giallanza looked quite promising until he got badly injured? ......Yes then......Ohhh how about Patrick Boyle and Graeme Stuart? What beasts they were while they were here ayy?

I though Giallanza was quality whilst here, scored a batch of gals at start of season and then had a terrible injury and that was the end of his Norwich career :''(

Steen Needergard or however you spell it lol was one of my firm favorites... Toatlly solid, now comeone lets reflash our memories to his rockect beast of a goal :o was unbelievable, one of best ive seen at Carrow Road IMO.. Erik Fugelstad was another good one i thought, nice solid defender lol, Both of them on either full back vacancys and u got two defenders who were deffo championship standard, just not good enough to get you out of division maybe...

The same Gaetano giallanza who was released by us without being given a fair crack after injry.. he went to join Real Valladolid (i think) and scored the winner against Real Madrid no less.. looked to have a bright future in La Liga until he tore his ankle liagaments and lost his ability a bit...

joined the Darlo and now plays back in Switzerland...

him and Iwan had just about got it right before he got injured.. what might of been....

jas :)

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]Robert Rosario? What a legend, Matty Svenson?[/quote]

Matt Svennson .....was a very good player...........................but then I doubt you have ever been to a game

[quote user="Chip20"]

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]Look nothing wrong with some of these ex-Norwich legends. Keith O Neill whatever happened to him?[/quote]

If memory serves, Kiefo badly injured his knee (for the umpteenth time) when he caught his studs in the turf in training (!!!!?) and was forced to retire early. Dunno what he did from there on in.

[/quote]

i saw keith on tv in ireland doing commentry on a match.

i was behind him one day at an atm on Grafton St. when a Romanian Gypsey asked him for money and he told her to eff off.

times must be tough for poor Keith.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The same Gaetano giallanza who was released by us without being given a fair crack after injry.. he went to join Real Valladolid (i think) and scored the winner against Real Madrid no less.. looked to have a bright future in La Liga until he tore his ankle liagaments and lost his ability a bit...

joined the Darlo and now plays back in Switzerland...

him and Iwan had just about got it right before he got injured.. what might of been....

jas :)

[/quote]

This statement is about right in my opinion I remember him playing really well then getting a nasty injury and not returning, quite similar to Zema Abbey I had the unfortunate experience of being there on both occasions that Zema was injured I think it was different legs each time if my memory serves me correct. He was really unfortunate as was starting to make a good impression when he got injured the first time and never quite looked the same again.

I read something about Ulf Ottosson:) I remember when he scored that goal, they showed it on the television here in Sweden, what a goal. I think the goal was the winning goal against Sheffield Utd. 3-2?Matt Svensson? He was great, wasn´t he? I have the Dvd from 2003/04, and he scored many important goals and some nice one too. In Sweden we remember him as injuried and very good at "he´s head" ;)

Svenson was a legend, was 1 of the reasons y we got promotion and nearly stayed up his goal against charlton was vital.

Graeme Stuart was officially the first professional player to be paid solely in pies. He was follow several years later by John Hartson who was paid in pure lard.

I remember my brother proclaiming that Stuart would be the final piece of the jigsaw. But he also suggested in the promotion season we should sign Doherty as a striker and he would get 20 a season.....

[quote user="Fellas"]Graeme Stuart was officially the first professional player to be paid solely in pies. He was follow several years later by John Hartson who was paid in pure lard.
[/quote]

Tell you what you could have the start of a pie/lard eleven. Just add Molby, Benstead and Walshie to the above list.

[quote user="Chip20"]

[quote user="Bicester Canary"]Look nothing wrong with some of these ex-Norwich legends. Keith O Neill whatever happened to him?[/quote]

If memory serves, Kiefo badly injured his knee (for the umpteenth time) when he caught his studs in the turf in training (!!!!?) and was forced to retire early. Dunno what he did from there on in.

[/quote]was playing for newquay last season.

[quote] Matt Svennson .....was a very good player...........................but then I doubt you have ever been to a game [/quote]Super Matt was the boo''ers flavour of the month for a while I seem to remember. Odd really considering he scored some very good goals in important games. He also seemed to give a toss unlike some others during our season in the sun. One we shouldn''t have let go.

I always thought that GG was turning into an alright player, then went and broke his leg. Never the same after that, but the same can be said for a lot of people