Sign in to follow this  
I beat Atalanta

Spurs fans in home areas

Hi All

As a season ticket holder at Spurs and living in Norwich all this hype over our supporter`s is rubbish, as the guy rightly said mostly this will be first timer`s going along to be conned by the spurs (as we always are), there may be a few token gesture first teamer`s thrown in but it will be so safe you could take a 2 week old baby in your arms to the game, Spurs are unlikely to field Keane or Berbatov and unlikely to risk any new signing`s , the whole club will be focused on Celtic at the weekend, and the real hardcore fan`s will be looking to get stuck in up there as we have a huge Protestant and Rangers following.

Sorry if this sounds arrogant and patronising but sadly football in the prem has become a huge business and we are not about to jeopardise all our stars at Carrow road..i would love it to go back to the old days as Carrow road was always a truly fantastic fixture but those days are sadly over..like many other fans i go down to White Hart Lane as an addiction, but i do not like what is happening to my club, i hope it never happens to you guys, with premiership success comes real fans being ripped off , keep your Norwich close to your heart lads and lasses and stay in the championship where you will always feel a part of it and never be forced to pay £975 for a season ticket and your best players walking off to the big 4 !

[quote user="bigsy"]

Hi All

As a season ticket holder at Spurs and living in Norwich all this hype over our supporter`s is rubbish, as the guy rightly said mostly this will be first timer`s going along to be conned by the spurs (as we always are), there may be a few token gesture first teamer`s thrown in but it will be so safe you could take a 2 week old baby in your arms to the game, Spurs are unlikely to field Keane or Berbatov and unlikely to risk any new signing`s , the whole club will be focused on Celtic at the weekend, and the real hardcore fan`s will be looking to get stuck in up there as we have a huge Protestant and Rangers following.

Sorry if this sounds arrogant and patronising but sadly football in the prem has become a huge business and we are not about to jeopardise all our stars at Carrow road..i would love it to go back to the old days as Carrow road was always a truly fantastic fixture but those days are sadly over..like many other fans i go down to White Hart Lane as an addiction, but i do not like what is happening to my club, i hope it never happens to you guys, with premiership success comes real fans being ripped off , keep your Norwich close to your heart lads and lasses and stay in the championship where you will always feel a part of it and never be forced to pay £975 for a season ticket and your best players walking off to the big 4 !

[/quote]

Good post.

Welcome to the forum.

[quote user="ruddster"]

Glory hunters? Until last season they''d never finished in the top six of the premiership!!

Personally I''m look forward to having a ''chat'' with a few Norfolk ''saucepan lids''

[/quote]Dont know your history mate  Hope your knowledge of NCFC is better 

I do think there will be a lot of Spuds fans there and not just the 1 day a season typeMany hope to see Modric, GDS and Gomes play for the first time and I suspect they will also expect to see what Ramos style of play is as it is their first friendly fixture in the UKIt is strongly rumoured that Keane is off and if he doesnt play that will be confirmed  Berba will probaly have to make a token appearance and will Spurs have signed Bentley by the time the game starts Ramos will have bigger fish to fry this season,  and probably find a lot of players getting a run outEnjoy it as as I understand thats what the spurs fans are doing with a lot going for a day out   I know quite a few of their ST''s are going

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]Going to be loads by the look of it. I''m taking a Spurs mate with me who gets very lairy..... should be interesting. I''ve got a broken hand so I''ll be legging it. I''m driving though so he can walk if he kicks off...... :)[/quote]

well i hope he isnt sitting near me.. because i will say my peace.. expect an arguement...

jas :)

[/quote]there won''t be a spurs fan near me that says anything twice[/quote]oooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOHHHHH!

[quote user="bigsy"]

Hi All

[/quote]

I saw Norwich hold out for a 0-0 against Spurs in our last Prem year - sitting in the Spurs end - and the Spurs fans treated me with respect and perhaps slight curiousity (so that''s what Norfolk people look like, they muttered.)  Good day out, and I hope you find we''re a decent lot when you visit.  Ignore the knobheads on this board, most of us are decent, civilised, and walk without grazing our knuckles.

[quote user="gary "]

okay , so to put the boot on the other foot - If NCFC were playing a friendly at the Lane and you got tickets for the home areas would you keep schtum . I have a major problem with Norfolk based "supporters" of Premier League teams - If you live and were brought up in Norfolk then your team will be either Norwich or Kings Lynn - If you " support " any other team then you are not a Football supporter in the true sense of the word

I am taking my 8 year old son and he is really excited to see Norwich and the new signings - he really is not fussed that Woodgate etc are likely to play and that is the way it should be

I would not argue with any spurs fans in Norwich areas - unless they had a norfolk accent - If they can get to a friendly , then they can support their local team on other occasions 

[/quote]

I totally agree with you Gary. Spot on mate.

[quote user="bigsy"]

Hi All

[/quote]Actually I think we will be glad of the revenue ( Nearly full house for a pre season )Thanks for coming m8te

Bigsy, good points about the much derided Chumpionship, but not so sure about your comments on Spurs huge Rangers/Protestant following. Please expand. I am a tad suspect about all this Celtic/Rangers rivalry stuff when it comes from fans who support other team in England. I am not convinced that Rangers/Celtic can be ''adopted'' as 2nd Clubs by genuine Spurs fans. I support Norwich and only Norwich, and I do not need to boost my kudos by alligning myself to Rangers, Celtic, Barca, Man U or any other Club.

[quote user="corbs"]Bigsy, good points about the much derided Chumpionship, but not so sure about your comments on Spurs huge Rangers/Protestant following. Please expand. I am a tad suspect about all this Celtic/Rangers rivalry stuff when it comes from fans who support other team in England. I am not convinced that Rangers/Celtic can be ''adopted'' as 2nd Clubs by genuine Spurs fans. I support Norwich and only Norwich, and I do not need to boost my kudos by alligning myself to Rangers, Celtic, Barca, Man U or any other Club.[/quote]

Corbs, believe me people get right shirty about it. I was abused and nearly attacked by another Norwich fan in the Barclay for being a Catholic! His missus had to pull him off me. I couldn''t believe it! It''s not the 17th Century for goodness sake...

ITS ONLY A FRIENDLY!

Thats what must be remembered!

Being a regular Norwich fan of many years and been all over to see them, I can''t stand once in a blue moon supporters, SKY tv fans who never go to games and try to make out they are the same level of football fan as those of us who go to games but tomorrow night I''m amazed and proud that we''re selling out a pre season friendly even if much of the crowd will be the local Spurs supporters who''d get lost trying to find White hart Lane. - The scum got 7000 against West Brom yesterday, if your looking for a comparison!

I''m very partisan at official, competitive games but tomorrow night is just about seeing the new look Canaries team gell together and watch a decent Premiership team. I probably won''t wear any colours, will not get anamated and start singing and don''t care a monkeys if I''ll be sitting with a load of plastic SKY tv, so called Spurs supporters. I won''t argue with these sorts cause at the end of the day I''ve probably seen their beloved Spurs team more than what they have!

Yeah Corbs quite happy to expand mate,

Firstly it has been gently intimated that Spurs will be all around the ground and small sections may start banter which leads to trouble, i was merely pointing out that it will be our plastic fans who will be turning up, and as one e-mail pointed out probably does not know their way to White Hart Lane,(correct)..with regards to the Rangers v Celtic rivalry i was not suggesting we have a secondary team,

But you must understand the rift betwen Catholic and Protestant`s has not dissappeared and our local rival`s Arsenal have always been an irish side, Liam Brady, David o Leary, Pat Rice, Frank Stapleton, there is also a huge irish base in the Finsbury Park / Holloway part of North London right on the Gooner doorstep, i am not condoning crowd trouble on this site or gloryfying it i want to make that clear, but whilst at Seville and Anderlecht last season Aberdeen and Rangers fans accompanied us in case of trouble due to our success over Anderlecht in the 1984 wafer cup final(ha ha).. you know how rumour`s spread that a bit of trouble is waiting for you,(as it happens it was a great well policed trip to Belgium and a good time had by all)...this stems back to the mid 80`s when club fans wore hats with one half Spurs and the other Rangers or Aberdeen at White Hart Lane, There are huge pockets of Spurs fans believe it or not who do not like Robbie Keane on that basis alone, remember in London we had many unpleasant days in the 70`s and 80`s with the Ira planting bombs, sadly a  minority have not forgotten and object to the republic flag being hung around the Lane, in turn Celtic have nothing but republic flags up and there is the association, i repeat i do not condone this line of thinking but fans are like sheep as i am sure you are aware and follow generations down, it is merely my opinion having listened to the morons at many a game over the years, for the record i too am Rangers but nothing to do with religion, Graham Roberts, Paul Gascoigne and Richard Gough ensured that in the late 80`s early 90`s, i hope that sort of explains the North London divide...it goes quite deep im afraid.... and whilst there are many who despise Robbie Keane, there are also thousands who idolise him, unfortunately it is not 10,000 who create an away "Firm" it is 60-80 and that is it in a nutshell mate...

[quote user="Sausage Fingers"][quote user="gary "]

okay , so to put the boot on the other foot - If NCFC were playing a friendly at the Lane and you got tickets for the home areas would you keep schtum . I have a major problem with Norfolk based "supporters" of Premier League teams - If you live and were brought up in Norfolk then your team will be either Norwich or Kings Lynn - If you " support " any other team then you are not a Football supporter in the true sense of the word

I am taking my 8 year old son and he is really excited to see Norwich and the new signings - he really is not fussed that Woodgate etc are likely to play and that is the way it should be

I would not argue with any spurs fans in Norwich areas - unless they had a norfolk accent - If they can get to a friendly , then they can support their local team on other occasions 

[/quote]

I totally agree with you Gary. Spot on mate.

[/quote]

Don''t agree with all that, what happens if your from London and move to Noriwch when your a little and all the family support a London club? You will stick with what the family do, my family supported Norwich but was living in Ipswich, so by that reckoning, I should be a Scummer...

I do agree with some people who have no connection to another club, yet support them. But that is there choice and it does not make a fan who goes to a match a bigger supporter than one who doesn''t. One of mates has been to watch Liverpool once, but is a massive Liverpool fan.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well, I''m bringing about 5 Spurs fans, if you want to have an argument bring it on. Just because they are Spurs fans, don''t mean they will cause an argument or a fight. Its a friendly and will not be a full house I suspect.[/quote]

why cant they sit with the spurs fans??? not Members at white fart lane?

[/quote]

come on then CIb.. why cannt they get tickets in the spurs end? I''ve been to white Hart lane once.. mnore times then they have im willing to bet

[quote user="bigsy"]

[/quote]I remember when you WERE one of the big 4 :o)Who''s playing isn''t the issue by the way.And the only reason that the front wheels align with the Gers is cos the Gunners allied themselves to the Bhoys at the 71 Cup final I believe

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

come on then CIb.. why cannt they get tickets in the spurs end? I''ve been to white Hart lane once.. mnore times then they have im willing to bet

[/quote]They sold out some time ago - hence my mates coming with me.

Fair point Jas,

They have had plenty of time to get tickets at our end, although we have 20,000 season ticket holders and a further 28,000 on the waiting list hence why we are trying to get a new ground built, it really is rocking horse Sh*t trying to get to the lane, but on this occassion you are spot on they had no excuses!!

Yeah may well be mate, but thanks for backing me up you clearly appreciate there is a divide no matter how it started, and yeah i remember when we were a top 4 side, i also remember when we used to get stuffed at Carrow road when you had half of our rejects Crook, Bowen,Culverhouse, (clearly another great Spurs scouting Balls up), anyway all the best and whilst i have an envious look over at the emirates i would not swap our supporter`s for that success, something else Norwich and Tottenham have in common if you look at Ipswich and their achievements, supporter`s make a club and Norwich and Spurs certainly have that, more than you can say for that lot down the a140.. or the lot from the library, there are more japanese at the emirates than real fans, as soon as you get off the plane at heathrow it is part of the guided tour of London. Just as well Norwich are not playing them,  then there really would be plastic fans up here..Gary Doherty is a legend and under George (likes a bung at corrupt arsenal with their rapists, drug abusers,drink drive and gambling addicts not to mention nicking suitcases at airports)Graham was a great right back..always had a soft spot for the canaries but dont start me on that lot from Woolwich please!!!    Wenger a legend?? yeah that myth went with the appointment of Gallas as captain and Senderos as a main defender!! anyway this is not a spurs site so i respect you great fans and will leave you to it...laters all...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well, I''m bringing about 5 Spurs fans, if you want to have an argument bring it on. Just because they are Spurs fans, don''t mean they will cause an argument or a fight. Its a friendly and will not be a full house I suspect.[/quote]

why cant they sit with the spurs fans??? not Members at white fart lane?

[/quote]

[/quote]

2 are season ticket holders actually. I booked all tickets for us and we are all coming from London and wanted to sit all together. Simple.

For god sake why can''t supporters of different teams just get along sat together. Just shows the thug culture in the game here today.

Totally WWWB, what is the huge problem, it''s a friendly for pete''s sake.

I''m guessing not many of you have experienced the way a cricket match works, no segregation whatsoever, and when you are down at Lords and are surrounded by hundreds of Indians and English people you can''t understand why segregation is such a huge issue.

BUT i know it would never EVER work in football, but this is a friendly, and I see no problem in away fans sitting in home areas.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Totally WWWB, what is the huge problem, it''s a friendly for pete''s sake. I''m guessing not many of you have experienced the way a cricket match works, no segregation whatsoever, and when you are down at Lords and are surrounded by hundreds of Indians and English people you can''t understand why segregation is such a huge issue. BUT i know it would never EVER work in football, but this is a friendly, and I see no problem in away fans sitting in home areas.[/quote]

Agreed. My 11 year old cousin and his family are Spurs fans and are coming down for the game and sitting in the barclay with me. They moved away from London but still catch a few games here and there. I could have told them to sit in the away end, but for a friendly im sure I can count on the "Barclay boys" to be grown up and mature cant I?

im travelling up with 2 spurs fans tomorrow, one is a member at spurs but id rather we all sat together than on me tod! i dont see the big problem for a friendly IMO, if the boot was ont he other foot would you kick up a fuss about it? i think not.

Bang................Thats the sound of the nail being hit on the head.

Look at Rugby, they all sit togther, yes you get muppets but a lot of them will be with some Norwich fans, like my mates. Not that I have to justify the whys and what fors.

Im amazed by the negativity towards Spurs by a few on this thread. I always thought there was good relations between the 2 clubs?Martin Peters, Crook, Bowen, Culverhouse, Brooke were great assets to the club...well maybe not Garry Brooke, but you get my drift.

As for the away fans in the home section, well Im led to believe that the Spurs fans alone could''ve filled the ground 2/3rds but the allocation wasn''t enough.If Norwich City as a club are happy to take the North London Dollar for any seat then surely you should complain to the club not berate the fans for wanting to see their favourite team?I have been lucky enough to get a ticket for the away section but it was tough -  I am a regular to WHL, a member AND applied with a season ticket holder.As someone has already pointed out, tickets to WHL are like rocing horse poo!I have sat with the Norwich Fans many times and have received lots of abuse for being a Spurs fan but would never argue back as I am a local lad who once worked for Norwich for 10 years and like to see them do well.  I have been to CR more than WHL (excluding work) and was once a season ticket holder.I hope tonight''s game is a 6 or 7 goal event, Spurs reveal a new signing, show off a few new faces and that ALL the NCFC new boys impress.Its a friendly folks, lets not forget!

I don;t think there is anomosity to Spurs per se - I think what gets peoples backs up ( certainly does mine ) is the " big club attitude " that we should be grateful for Spurs lowering themselves to be here , that spurs have great fans becuase they are coming here tonight , that without them the ground would be empty ,

The reason why seats for Spurs fans were at a premium is becasue we in Norwich are supporters of our club and the tickets can easily be sold to home supporters

It annoys me that Fans of mid table premiership teams think they are superior to us because they live in a big city and have a club that the national media love , as opposed to little old Norwich

If Gingembre was an NCFC season ticket holder and been to Carrow Road more than WHL then he must appreciate the loyalty and dedication NCFC enjoy from their fans , rather than coming over high and mighty - as in Spurs show off a new signing or two - I could  not care less    

woah there gary, I was not in any way trying to come over high and mighty, I was sincere in my posting, not for one minute suggesting spurs were bigger or better than norwich, or anyone for that matter. Spurs are not a big club anymore (which saddens me) and I dont think we are lowering ourselves by being at CR tonight. I I am hoping for a great game tonight with players on show from both teams that I am looking forward to see in action!I wish we had 7 new signings, and I could care less about norwich doing well, my best mate is an avid fan, season ticket holder etc and I love his attitude to his team, I am in awe slightly of the loyalty shown to norwich city by their fans.can''t believe you''ve reacted so strongly to what I thought was a level headed posting....oh well

thanks for replying

Perhaps I misread you and I apologise if that is the case , It just seems that a lot of Spurs Fans ( not you necessarily ) have an attitude that they are great and NCFC are just there for their training exercise

Like you I hope for a good game and a friendly atmosphere