Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

CANARY FROM THE FLAMES - Hucks, Eadie, Goss, Adams & Stringer

Pete my old mucker

I am having trouble watching the video''s as the screen go''s green all the time but I can hear the sound.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Cheers mate.

That was Brillers!!  The ''Canaries from the flames'' tune at the start is brilliantly irritating I have to say!  [:)]  Can''t wait for the new season to begin now!!PS.  Are you injured Pete?  You always seem to get lumbered doing the camera and sound.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

PS.  Are you injured Pete?  You always seem to get lumbered doing the camera and sound.

[/quote]

Very much so sadly (and also I''m the only member of the Sports Desk who knows how to use the camera)

[quote user="paul green"]

Pete my old mucker

I am having trouble watching the video''s as the screen go''s green all the time but I can hear the sound.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Cheers mate.

[/quote]

Sounds like an old version of Windows Media Player - you can get an update here

Or if you''re on a Mac you''ll need Flip4Mac here

Superb. Well done all, thoroughly enjoyed every one of them.

Gossy gets quite emotional when talking about that time, and he replicates his volley almost perfectly...love it!

More please!

Rosario''s volley in the 4-4 against Southampton

(and)

Matty Svensson vs Wigan in the Championship season will do!!

......brilliant idea, excellent videos and a great laugh. However the theme tune makes me feel ill and is naff to the point that I almost didn''t watch the first one. I would feel embarassed if any other footie fan from another club saw it. It''s just fail.

I''m on 512k broadband and I can''t watch these at all, they just won''t play. The audio plays but the footage moves about once every 30 seconds or so. Any solutions?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I''m on 512k broadband and I can''t watch these at all, they just won''t play. The audio plays but the footage moves about once every 30 seconds or so. Any solutions?[/quote]

......download it using Realplayer....will work a treat then

[quote user="Scottlarock"]......brilliant idea, excellent videos and a great laugh. However the theme tune makes me feel ill and is naff to the point that I almost didn''t watch the first one. I would feel embarassed if any other footie fan from another club saw it.

It''s just fail.

[/quote]

The theme tune is actually brilliant! A perfect take off of Baddiel and Skinner doing it on Fantasy Football League. Makes me wish they would bring back that program - it was classic and the highlight of the weeks TV for me.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]......brilliant idea, excellent videos and a great laugh. However the theme tune makes me feel ill and is naff to the point that I almost didn''t watch the first one. I would feel embarassed if any other footie fan from another club saw it. It''s just fail.

[/quote]

The theme tune is actually brilliant! A perfect take off of Baddiel and Skinner doing it on Fantasy Football League. Makes me wish they would bring back that program - it was classic and the highlight of the weeks TV for me.

[/quote]I admire the work done..............but it''s not ''actually brilliant'', regardless whether you like it or not it can''t be brilliant. Purely because you''ve mentioned already that it''s a perfect take off (ie not original, regardless that it may be satire, irony or boring) then it''s bourne from something else (a copy)..............so not brilliant.It''s a naff rework of some late nineties, oxbridge boredom. (you can substitute Lovejoy or soccer am for any of the previous three words).Something triumphant, grand or classical would have been far better then tempered with the cheeky video work would have been magic rather than make us look like rural copycats.The way I felt when Gossie scored wasn''t indie baddiel fnar fnar....and it still isn''t for Gossie either.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]......brilliant idea, excellent videos and a great laugh. However the theme tune makes me feel ill and is naff to the point that I almost didn''t watch the first one. I would feel embarassed if any other footie fan from another club saw it.

It''s just fail.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I admire the work done..............but it''s not ''actually brilliant'', regardless whether you like it or not it can''t be brilliant. Purely because you''ve mentioned already that it''s a perfect take off (ie not original, regardless that it may be satire, irony or boring) then it''s bourne from something else (a copy)..............so not brilliant.

It''s a naff rework of some late nineties, oxbridge boredom. (you can substitute Lovejoy or soccer am for any of the previous three words).

Something triumphant, grand or classical would have been far better then tempered with the cheeky video work would have been magic rather than make us look like rural copycats.

The way I felt when Gossie scored wasn''t indie baddiel fnar fnar....and it still isn''t for Gossie either.

[/quote]

You Muppet.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]......brilliant idea, excellent videos and a great laugh. However the theme tune makes me feel ill and is naff to the point that I almost didn''t watch the first one. I would feel embarassed if any other footie fan from another club saw it. It''s just fail.

[/quote]

[/quote]I admire the work done..............but it''s not ''actually brilliant'', regardless whether you like it or not it can''t be brilliant. Purely because you''ve mentioned already that it''s a perfect take off (ie not original, regardless that it may be satire, irony or boring) then it''s bourne from something else (a copy)..............so not brilliant.It''s a naff rework of some late nineties, oxbridge boredom. (you can substitute Lovejoy or soccer am for any of the previous three words).Something triumphant, grand or classical would have been far better then tempered with the cheeky video work would have been magic rather than make us look like rural copycats.The way I felt when Gossie scored wasn''t indie baddiel fnar fnar....and it still isn''t for Gossie either.

[/quote]

You Muppet.

[/quote]You''re probably right - that really put me in my place..........I''m so humbled......I bow down to your superior comments and intellect.