Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

The big one

Yes, Roeder has made a few useful signings so far but, let''s face, it nobody really exciting. But, I can''t help feeling that Roeder will clinch a top signing before the season starts and I''m thinking that man will be Ameobi. And if he adds Martin Taylor too then, wow, what a team we will have.

Hoolahan, Bertrand and Lupoli don''t excite you one bit? There are championship teams out there begging for players like them three that Glenn has brought in! They may not be huge names that spark fear into the opposition but they''re certainly not dull signings!

Looks like that man will be Steve Howard , well i suppose he will be cheap . What a let down .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Looks like that man will be Steve Howard , well i suppose he will be cheap . What a let down .
[/quote]

Based on what info?

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]Yes, Roeder has made a few useful signings so far but, let''s face, it nobody really exciting. But, I can''t help feeling that Roeder will clinch a top signing before the season starts and I''m thinking that man will be Ameobi. And if he adds Martin Taylor too then, wow, what a team we will have.[/quote]

We have absolutley no chance of signing Taylor. McLeish wants to keep him. I think Ameoi will sign though. However he doesnt really excite me.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Hoolahan, Bertrand and Lupoli don''t excite you one bit? There are championship teams out there begging for players like them three that Glenn has brought in! They may not be huge names that spark fear into the opposition but they''re certainly not dull signings![/quote]

Yes, they do excite me but they don''t really excite me. Sorry, a bit inarticulate. However, given these signings already made then someone like Ameobi coming in would be a massive coup. The catalyst, the match that lights the blue touch paper.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]And a old cheap Steve Howard will depress all but the percys.
[/quote]

Steve Howard would be a damp squib and I can''t believe that Roeder wants him.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]Yes, Roeder has made a few useful signings so far but, let''s face, it nobody really exciting. But, I can''t help feeling that Roeder will clinch a top signing before the season starts and I''m thinking that man will be Ameobi. And if he adds Martin Taylor too then, wow, what a team we will have.[/quote]

Just tracking back looking for a different thread and saw this one............. just shows how wrong "one" can be !

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]And a old cheap Steve Howard will depress all but the percys.
[/quote]

Steve Howard would depress me, but IF he came, I would give the lad a chance rather than write him off like most of you nobby negatives...

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Hoolahan, Bertrand and Lupoli don''t excite you one bit? There are championship teams out there begging for players like them three that Glenn has brought in! They may not be huge names that spark fear into the opposition but they''re certainly not dull signings![/quote]

Yes, they do excite me but they don''t really excite me. Sorry, a bit inarticulate. However, given these signings already made then someone like Ameobi coming in would be a massive coup. The catalyst, the match that lights the blue touch paper.

[/quote]

As I''ve said before Ameobi is cack with his feet and will not fit into the way we''re playing at the moment - and for the price we''ll probably shell out will be a big let down. I''d much rather have Helguson, and for the price we''ll probably have to pay for him.

If Howard comes here on the cheap then so be it, his partnership with Lupoli at Derby fired them out of this division.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

Steve Howard would depress me, but IF he came, I would give the lad a chance rather than write him off like most of you nobby negatives...

[/quote]

I''d rather be a nobby negative - than a gullible gonad.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d rather be a Ronny Realistic than a gullible gonad or a nobby negative [:D]

These comments were from July, and not a lot has changed!  I''ve never thought Howard is quite the donkey that some people have him as being; yes he wouldn''t be as impressive as other potential signings but I''m sure he''d be able to do the job - and one definite positive is that he doesn''t have the poor injury record that Helguson/Ameobi/many others seem to have.

I undersatnd peoples apprehension about Howard and I think he''d only be OK for 2 seasons at the very most but he would improve our attack in the present time!

Then again that donkey up front for Blackpool at Carrow Road the other week Ben Burgess would improve our attack at the moment cause he''d compete in the air with central defenders and would hold the ball up!

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d probably put you in the Simon Simplistic or Ian Insipid bracket.....[:P]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This could get silly...

I''d put you in the Cyril Cynical bracket [;)]

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This could get silly...

[/quote]

Harry Hopeful, that''s you that is.

................................................................ anyway ! Right now I wouldn''t be unhappy with Helguson coming. I don''t think anybody disagrees now that our front line is too lightweight and we need some strength and height and Helguson would give us that plus experience if only until, hopefully, Roeder''s real target comes in.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This could get silly...

[/quote]

Harry Hopeful, that''s you that is.

[/quote]

I think we should draw a line under this now [:D]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Looks like that man will be Steve Howard , well i suppose he will be cheap . What a let down .
[/quote]

Playing and Scoring for Leicester.. so unlikely. they wouldnt of played him on saturday and risked injury if he was signing for us would they?

jas :)

Dream on! What planet are you on?

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

Dream on! What planet are you on?

[/quote]

I know, my real name is Derek Deluded

Who was "begging for these players"?

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

If other clubs were ''begging for these players'' I''m pretty sure they wouldn''t be here at Carra......We''d have been priced out, and the Chief Exec would have wheeled out the usual excuses....."He''s in his 20''s and his legs have gone"....."Out of our budget range"....."WE weren''t actually interested"......"I won''t get my annual pay rise if we bring them in!"......etc.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]Well I think pretty much every club in the league wanted to sign Hoolahan, including QPR, Hull City were on the verge of signing Bertrand, but whilst Brown was debating to sign him or not, Roeder jumped in and got his man, and I''m sure Lupoli would walk into most sides in this league.