Sign in to follow this  
Snuggles

What Delia said at the Norfolk Show

This is the crux of the matter as far as I can see.

There could be three reasons for her saying "There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money"

1. She was joking, or being sarcastic. Inexcusable, and out of character IMHO, especially with a tv camera pointing at her. And especially in view of the way she went straight on to have a dig at the Binmen, for mouthing off about how much money they''ve got.

2. She was as "emotional" as she had been at that Manchester City match. I have to say she didn''t look "emotional" when I saw the video clip.

3. She was telling the truth. This would be rather indiscrete, not to say silly, but I think it has to be the most plausible explanation.

I still believe there is somebody else out there, no idea who, but I am hourly expecting something to turn up.

But if you were to believe point 3 then surely you will be waiting a long time to hear something? If there is other investment, (and personally I believe the truth is a combination of points 1 and 2) then as you say, we won''t be ''mouthing off'' about it. So I wouldn''t expect an announcement.

I think Delia''s comments at the Royal Norfolk Show left us all confused and some what excited at the prospect of investment, if what she is saying is true then the club have done a very good job at keeping it very low key. Now this is why I have remained on the fence for now because behind the scenes at Carrow Road Delia and Co could be in the middle of secureing some major investment for NCFC, which could explain why talks with Cullum broke down, if that''s the case then it will leave alot of people on this forum with egg on there face so to speak. It will be an interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks but if very little is to happen in terms of investment then her quotes at the Royal Norfolk Show will again be used against her in an ever growing anti Delia campaign.

If we had some major investment lined up dont you think they would have been a little peed off that we then agreed to talks with Cullum , i honestly think she was being sarcastic either that or the Turners have bunged us a few thousand .

[quote user="Snuggles"]

There could be three reasons for her saying "There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money"

1. She was joking, or being sarcastic. Inexcusable, and out of character IMHO, especially with a tv camera pointing at her. And especially in view of the way she went straight on to have a dig at the Binmen, for mouthing off about how much money they''ve got.

2. She was as "emotional" as she had been at that Manchester City match. I have to say she didn''t look "emotional" when I saw the video clip.

3. She was telling the truth. This would be rather indiscrete, not to say silly, but I think it has to be the most plausible explanation.

I still believe there is somebody else out there, no idea who, but I am hourly expecting something to turn up.

[/quote]

4. Wine.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

I think Delia''s comments at the Royal Norfolk Show left us all confused and some what excited at the prospect of investment, if what she is saying is true then the club have done a very good job at keeping it very low key. Now this is why I have remained on the fence for now because behind the scenes at Carrow Road Delia and Co could be in the middle of secureing some major investment for NCFC, which could explain why talks with Cullum broke down, if that''s the case then it will leave alot of people on this forum with egg on there face so to speak. It will be an interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks but if very little is to happen in terms of investment then her quotes at the Royal Norfolk Show will again be used against her in an ever growing anti Delia campaign.

[/quote]

I am sorry to say that there is no secret pot of gold on the horizon, unless of course its another Turner type thing a couple of million. The club has had its chance and its gone, hopefully not for ever, but gone none the less. Delia really does not want to sell her club despite the noises she makes, Cullum came along and proved this point.

Which does not answer why she said anything at the show.

Unless you are completely stupid (and she isn''t) you don''t poke a stick into a hornets nest.

She would be well aware of the effect her satements make, put through the mincer for every scrap of information.

My own thoughts are that certain money was in place and Cullum pi**ed on her parade before they wanted this known(cost of transfers) hence the BIG sulk.

This may come out soon one way or another. If there is no money and no players then I for one am at a loss as to what game she was/is playing.

i doubt we will ever really know what was on her mind, maybe it was a combination of the recent aviva sponsorship, the rumoured debt restructuring or the prospect of the turners putting in another loan or maybe the arrival of a mysterious bennefactor along the lines of carl moore.

It maybe could have been the prospect of a Callum buyout, or thst of s third psrty, though my belief is that Delis has already chosen her heir-apparent, the turners,hence the briefings of the type of investor she is looking for,that  Mr Cullums also ticks the boxes and in most peoples eyes is the best candidate for the job being an inconvienient truth and definately off cannon,

I really don''t know what next season will bring, but with 3 seasons of underachievement and a squad on paper weaker than it has been since the reign of Hamilton i doubt many people are enamoured with her assessment that "everything is lovely"

[quote user="Snuggles"]

[/quote]

Thanks for that, Mr. Micawber.

I hope you''ve got plenty of patience.