Sign in to follow this  
Daynesy

Pennant??

Surely he would be an ideal signing for us?? - be it permanently or on loan. His attacking play down the right side of midfield would be exactly what we need, and I can''t see him demanding the ridiculous wage demands that many past it Premiership players would (e.g. Petit). I take it there''s no chance of him staying at Leeds, and surely Arsenal would be happy to ship him out for another season or even for good??

Anyone know anything about his availability?? Has he already committed himself elsewhere?

from what wenger said at the weekend, he seems to think that many of the youngsters have a great chance of breaking into the first team and i''m sure that pennant must be one of those having performed so well for a team struggling in the premier league. the right wing is the one place arsenal are weak in and im sure he could do a great job for them there, but heres hoping wenger doesnt think so and he comes to norwich on loan

I think Pennant would be a great signing,years loan with option of signing if we stay up.
The big problem comes from other teams wanting to sign him.If Leeds stay up(don''t think they will though) he might join them,Charlton and Middlesbrough are also intrested and have cash to spend.

I''d like city to sigh Hayden Mullins from West Ham,can play in defence or midfield and is still young,The hammers have a debt of 43m so might get him on the cheap.
Very impressed with Jimmy Bullard from wigan when he palyed against city and might be a good addition to the squad after losing Sinclair

On The Ball City

Think you''re being a lot more realistic there to be fair. Unfortunately I can''t really think of anyone with good Premiership experience that would actually sign for us and would improve on what we''ve currently got.

I seem to remember that Pennant pledged his future to Arsenal in one of the red tops over the weekend. said he wanted to go back next season and fight for a place.

In response to Daynesy; I used to think the same thing until I was shocked to see Crouch and Huckerby come to the club. Both top class and experienced Premier players.

And that was when we were 1st Division, we''re premier league now so I think you''re going to see a few pleasant surprises this summer!!!!

I would think that Pennanrt gets mentioned by virtually every team that wants to strengthen wide right - no doubt that he would be an excellent signing for us, but I can''t see it happenning :-(]

Unfortunately Crouch will not be coming back to us - why should he now leave Villa where he is clearly part of their first team squad now?

There is a bit in the paper today to say that pennant will available for around 500K to leeds at the end of the season

would be good at that price but i think there will be a few teams after him for that price

Pennant seems to have learnt a lot this season and calmed down too. If he will only cost 500k then we should be in there bidding - he would be guaranteed a place in the starting line up here and solve our right wing problem. He has pace to burn - the one thing our current midfield lacks - and looks like he could learn the defensive part of the game worthy would instill.

Leeds wont be as attractive in Div 1 and a premier club closer to home may appeal especially if he can continue with first team experience. At that price we could afford a bit more on wages to entice him.

Alternatively I think Gary Teale of Wigan looked superb when he came on at FCR - a better prospect that Bullard and in one of our problem positions.

A bit more fanciable I know but anyone know what sort of wage stephane Dalmat is on? He looked ok for spurs to me but didnt fit in with David Pleats increasingly bizzare plans and has returned to inter. If Spurs can attract him then we may have a look?

OTBC

it is funny you saying about dalmat i saw spurs have sent him back to Inter i was thinking that would be a good signing but i think he looks the type who might upset the apple cart and take away our team spirit

i think it would be good to get someone like bentley from arsenal on loan for season he has looked class when i have seen him play the new "bergkamp"

I understand that Bentley is more than a little bit arrogant and doubt that he will fit in with teh squad - if my info is wrong then he would be an interesting option - however we already have our own exceptionally talented youngster in Ryan - why we bring in an unproven youngster when we know just how good our own one will be?

OTBC

fatman fat, i think theres still a fair chance of crouch returning. if you read the recent pinkun piece it makes it very clear that hes very fond of norwich. villa have 7 strikers last time i checked (luke moore, stefan moore, dublin, crouch, allback, angel and vassell) and so are unlikely to be able to guarantee all of these regular games. plus, if they get into europe therell be a fair bit of squad strengthening going on. if they don''t get rid of crouch then maybe they would sell dublin for cheap. he could do a similar job for us on a one yer contract maybe. probably past it though

good point. I''ve not seen much of Ryan Jarvis this season - can anyone fill me in on his progress? How far is he away from making more first team appearances?

Carl Cort.............last time i checked Dublin was playin centre half?. N lets face it Crouch will get in over Allback anyday of the week, well he shld do anyways. Stefan Moore will prove to be world class, everyone is raving about in the Villa camp but not 100% ready and neither Luke Moore, Angel nor Vassell proves as effective a target man as Crouch, if O''Liery (or however you spell it) is awake then Crouch wont be leaving for good, which is a shame i must say. Personally a certain Norwiegen Man Utd forward who hardly ever plays despite scoring his fair share of goals might be worth a ago being mid 30''s, problem is his wages will be steap, but theres always the Parma/Inter player share method, lol, if only we were rich. looks like we might have to settle for someone like Palaces Andy Johnson or Marlon Harewood, we could do alot worse n possibly cheap at half the price?.