Sign in to follow this  
Pape Diop

new seats in south stand

Has anybody else noticed that there is a section in the centre and towards the back of the new stand where the yellow seats are a different type of yellow from the rest of the stand?any reason for this or just££££?
a hell of a spot by my dad though whilst watching the senior cup final!

Yup - they''re padded seats. Bounced up and down on one on the Open Day. Think they''re for the corporate types though?

OH right good point? another question though why is the J on the jarrolds logo on the front of the stand too big for the front of the stand?

Yes Jet, its a new corporate area called " the Buissness" it involves having lunch beofre the game with directors & ex-players in the new restraunt. I believe its all sold out already for next season, which is good for the club, but means less seats for "real" fans!

please can people stop talking about ''real fans'' surely the fact that people care enough to make posts on sites like this shows that they care enough to have their opinion counted? Yeah the padded seats are for corporate people and i''m pretty sure most of them correspond to the executive boxes behind them, not sure about the middle section though.

there''s been so much talk on so many of the message boards about ''real'' fans due to ticket requests etc. to get to a home games takes me 3 1/2, 4 hrs from home and at the moment i''m living in Bristol so it''s got that little bit harder. Not only is there the time factor to look at but also the cost of tickets, not to mention travelling expenses.

i haven''t been able to get to the necessary 10 away games (think i''m on 8) and was one of teh unlucky 500 who failed to get the Crewe tickets they''d applied for despite applying on the day the postal request was announced. I''m not bitter (and feel sorry for those who live in Crewe and are in the same situation) but just feel that people should take into account that some people have other committments during the season, financial constraints and when it comes to getting tickets we struggle. I''m not trying to say i''m the most faithful supporter there ever has been but it just annoys me when people get superior.
I would give anything to be able to say that I''d been to even half of the games this season but it''s just not possible.

With us promoted it''s just going to get harder for us exiled fans to get tickets, and more expensive.

I''m in no way complaining about that I just want to make a point that it''s not that easy for all of us to show our support as much as we''d like. And that some of you in Norwich should realise how lucky you are.

Sorry for the rant (it may have got a bit preachy at the end) but the whole ''real'' fan thing''s been really getting to me.

Bryan- I think you will find that they are just as much fans as you and me- they just have more money!

... and breathe, I think the ''real fans'' thing was not meant against people like you and I, who are exiled but get to as many matches as we can. I think it meant that with there being so many corporate seats (for match sponsors, companies who have executive boxes, etc.), there would be less tickets for true ''fans''. As in, the sponsors, company chiefs, etc. wouldn''t necessarily come to Carrow Road to watch us play unless they were getting their posh lunches with ex-players first. Or that they wouldn''t even come to watch us if we weren''t successful.

But having said that, I agree with you that the whole ''real fans'' thing is a bit over the top. Some people simply can''t AFFORD to go to every game. Some people have work commitments, some peope play football on a Saturday, some people live miles away. Nobody''s fault, but it doesn''t mean they care any less about our club.

Plus, if you''re a successful club, people are going to want to come and watch you.

I remember back in the dark days, Tuesday night at Carrow Road, 2-0 down at half time to Birmingham, the team being booed off. Only 9,000 odd fans there. I was one of them, but it doesn''t mean I resent fans who have just started coming to watch us.

Of course more people are going to want to come and see games now. And the money they spend helps the club pay people like Huckerby, Svensson, McKenzie''s wages.

It annoys me that people say they don''t want new fans to come. These fans pay their money and are as entitled to a ticket as me or anyone else.

...and Breathe/ Blacko i was using the word real fan in a tounge in cheak manner hense the "scare" quotes! I wasn''t in any way suggesting people that don''t get to every match are not real fans cos I can not claim to have been to every game this season either! I was making a passing comment that those that pay for the padded seats and the pre match meal that come with it are there for more than just the football ie the networking, corporate entertaining etc. And thats fine, thats what footballs about these days and we depend on the income and i''m glad they chose to spend their money @ NCFC.
My point is, me, and i suspect most of you on here, go and watch Norwich play because we love the club not in order to further our buissness conections or impress our clients!

Yeah ... think i may have overreacted somewhat but the topic of loyalty and who''s a ''real'' fan seems to be cropping up everywhere especially in the last seven days, it''s all got a bit childish. Will now step down off my soap-box.