Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

Results from way back when...

Anybody know where I can find all of Norwich''s results from around 1988 onwards?

I was only about six then, so it may have been a couple of years later than ''88, but my dad took me to watch Norwich vs Palace in the Barclay - a game that we lost 3-0. It was my first ever game, and I''m interested to find out what year it was?

I know we were standing (or rather, I was sitting on one of those big metal post things), so it must have been before ''92 when the club started the all seater Barclay. But I can''t find any record of it anywhere.

Can anybody help? Cheers.

OTBC

Sorry, could only find the results in our records. Although it was two weeks before my first ever game at Carrow Road...

What was yours?

And do you know the date of the Norwich vs Liverpool match, where we drew 1-1 after going 1-0 down to a Glyn Hussain (remember him?!) goal after about a minute. Ruel Fox equalised. I think it was around the same time.

Mine was on Wednesday 26 September against Watford in the League Cup (although it was either the Zenith or Rumbelows Cup then) when we won 2-0. For some reason I thought it was against Coventry. I still have the silver ticket at home from that game.

The Liverpool game was Saturday 20 October.

You can find loads of seasons of norwich results on http://www.norwichcity-mad.co.uk/ (click Results 2001/02 then choose a season in the list box)

Not with scorers, etc. but it''s good enough!

Thank you! Wish I''d have kept my ticket, but I have no idea what happened to it. I think it was the Rumbelows Cup that year, but we played in the Zenith Data Systems Cup in 1989/90, as I''ve got the season review video!

Are the results available to the public to view? If not from the Pink''Un archives, then maybe somewhere else?

This could make quite a good nostalgic thread. My first game was against either Villa, West Ham or Burnley, all I can remember is Claret and Blue. I was standing in the Barclay on a milk crate with my dad and when Norwich scored not only did it scare the living c**p out of me (was only about five or six) I swallowed a whole refresher I was sucking and it subsequently got stuck in my throat!! Very uncomfortable.
I think we won 2-1, must have been around 83-84.

Scorers were Barber, Thomas and Salako.

Can I take my anorak off now?