Sign in to follow this  
4-4-2

Lost To Clyde!!!!

Now let me get this straight......"A strong Norwich side was beaten by a large OrangUtan belonging to bare-knuckle fighter, Philo Beddoe?"[:O]

I shudder to think what will happen when we play the ''Black Widows''........[:(] 

I do hope Clyde did a poop on the drivers seat of the Chief Exec''s Club Proton.....[:P]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Now let me get this straight......"A strong Norwich side was beaten by a large OrangUtan belonging to bare-knuckle fighter, Philo Beddoe?"[:O]

I shudder to think what will happen when we play the ''Black Widows''........[:(] 

I do hope Clyde did a poop on the drivers seat of the Chief Exec''s Club Proton.....[:P]

[/quote]In keeping with the budget cuts, he''s had to downgrade to a Neutron.If we lose to Clyde... well.You can see what will happen.  Coventry away, first game of the season - Eastwood (Norwich target) starting up front.  What might have been.  Oh my.

For goodness sake, the response to this game is bizarre: head we won everyone would have belittled it to the nth degree, so why does losing it matter either?  According to GR our training so far has almost entirely been based around fitness, so this could well have been the first 90 minutes of playing time they have had since returning; meanwhile, Scottish football is more advanced in terms of its preseason.

I couldn''t care two hoots about winning/losing friendlies; some of our best ever seasons have happened after losing them all (or at least not winning any).  The simple fact is that they are little more than a training game, so people should not get their knickers in such a twist about the result.

We have not got a team and thats the worrying thing as we are at the moment we would almost certainly finish bottom , time is fast running out , where are the heroes Roeder promised when he dumped our best player ? where is the investment mouthy was shouting about ? . Its a shambles and people pretending otherwise are not helping matters.

None of the friendlies are important so far as the result is concerned. Suppose we will not be trying to win, but the other teams might be.

What is a concern is that we are 7 or so players short of a full squad and I don''t contemplate many coming in before end of July. If most are to be loans we won''t have them until then.

probable team; rudd, doncaster, smith, wynn jones, munby, turner, turner, lathorpe, chadwick, bloke driving past colney, ambulance driver on a break

Sorry to bring a touch of realism to this thread, but I happen to know the bloke driving past Colney''s transfer broke down over the weekend because we refused to accept his request for a sell on clause in his contract...and the ambulance driver didn''t arrive either after he failed a medical

I''ve just watched Plymouth struggle to beat non league Tiverton town 1-0 Tivvy had by far the better of the game and had a perfectly good goal disaloud for offside

At least they will finish bellow us!

[quote user="tribes"]Ipswich are beating Cliftonville 6-0. They must be trying too hard.[/quote]

One thing you might not know is that the binners had their first behind closed doors match last week, while we were working on fitness.  It really is a case of horses for courses at this point - some do fitness more than others, some will play more games than others, there really is no right or wrong - it is being ready for 9 August that counts.  Whether we will be is another thing altogether, though, and more players are certainly needed.

I could not care less if we win or lose friendlies either, I doubt anyone is mad enough to think they count for anything other than fitness and a bit of positional testing.My concern is that we dont know who played, we dont even truly know who the triallists are.  This is totally unheard of.  WHY SO SECRETIVE?[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

For goodness sake, the response to this game is bizarre: head we won everyone would have belittled it to the nth degree, so why does losing it matter either?  According to GR our training so far has almost entirely been based around fitness, so this could well have been the first 90 minutes of playing time they have had since returning; meanwhile, Scottish football is more advanced in terms of its preseason.

I couldn''t care two hoots about winning/losing friendlies; some of our best ever seasons have happened after losing them all (or at least not winning any).  The simple fact is that they are little more than a training game, so people should not get their knickers in such a twist about the result.

[/quote]

Well tbh I don''t recall there having been any mention of this behind closed doors game on the Canaries site beforehand, and I wasn''t even aware the game was today, so perhaps they didn''t think it worthwhile mentioning the result either?  I doubt there is too much to it. 

It''s not that unheard of. Last season there were a couple of friendlies played behind closed doors that weren''t reported on.

[quote user="tribes"]Ipswich are beating Cliftonville 6-0. They must be trying too hard.[/quote]

Agreed and 6-0 against Cliftonville is absolute amazing.  After all this is a team which absolutely DEMOLISHED Lurgan Athletic 4-0 and tonked Armagh City 3-1 at home as well which is not to mention their 4-1 away win against Kilmore Recreation (I believe it was awesome).

I cannot say whether Ipswich are trying or not but I don''t think it augurs well for Cliftonville in the crucial game coming up.  Away to Banbridge Town in the Bob Larmour Memorial Cup.

Good luck v Gorleston Town.

This report was taken from the Clyde FC website. Good match in prospect on Tuesday night. Read into it what you will! Can we overcome the mighty ''Bully Wee'' and do something no other Norfolk club has managed!

Great Yarmouth Town 0 v 4 Clyde
Sat, 12th Jul 2008 8:00pm

Around one hundred Clyde fans enjoyed a solid start to the pre-season tour today.

The hosts made life difficult for The Bully Wee in the first half and only Pat Clarke came close to breaking the deadlock when he broke free and saw his low drive cleared away from the goal.

No changes were made at half-time but Clyde''s form immediately improved after the break and after 57 minutes Alan Trouten opened the scoring. The winger latched onto a ball down the channel and finished expertly, chipping the onrushing ''keeper.

Clyde were now dominant and substitute Roddy MacLennan got the second goal with a neat finish following good work by Neil McGregor.

A cut-back by Gary McSwegan was turned into his own net by a Yarmouth defender before the best moment of the match made it 0-4. The impressive MacLennan got his second with a spectacular volley from a McSwegan cross.

Overall, a good work-out against a decent side whose fitness clearly began to wane as the match went on. lol.

CLYDE (3-5-2): Cherrie, Gibson, Higgins, Brown, McGregor, Kettlewell, Trouten, Ruari MacLennan, Clarke, McKay, Trialist. SUBS USED: Roddy MacLennan, Murch, McGowan, McSwegan, Stephen Connolly, Sean Connolly, McCole.

Tomorrow will see the squad take part in a double training session before the closed door match against Norwich City on Monday.

Before taking on King''s Lynn on Tuesday.

Here is the actual report which appeared on their site.

The Bully Wee travelled to Norwich City''s Colney training base this afternoon for a closed door match against the Championship side.

The Canaries fielded a very strong team but Clyde managed to get to the break with a two goal lead. Gary McSwegan opened the scoring when he converted a fine Willie McLaren cross and the club''s German guest made it two with a free-kick.

In the second half, the home side pulled a goal back and Clyde lost Mark Brown and Jordan Murch through head knocks, with the former needing stitches. However, the match finished 1-2.

[quote user="National express super guard"]probable team; rudd, doncaster, smith, wynn jones, munby, turner, turner, lathorpe, chadwick, bloke driving past colney, ambulance driver on a break
[/quote]

but the team did not include Peter Cullum as his money was thought not to be good enough.  DS didnt see the game due too the wine.

cheers

I will point out it is only a friendly.. Arsenal lost to Barnet not too long ago and Man utd to Altrinchma.. does this make them bad teams??? its a friendly.. the result doesnt matter.. the performance, tactics, and new signings do...

jas :)

Wow, how do you know that, Pete? Were Archant sneaking behind the

bushes with wide-angle lenses, trying to breach the security lock-down

like a bad Bond villain? Tsk... naughty Archant...[:P]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Our goalscorer was Luke Daley.[/quote]

so, ''strong side'' is out of the window then!

[quote user="Huddy "]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Our goalscorer was Luke Daley.[/quote]

so, ''strong side'' is out of the window then!

[/quote]

and our 1st team defender'' Danny Kelly also featured according to FONCY! Sounds to me as if it was a very mixed side!