Sign in to follow this  
4-4-2

Lost To Clyde!!!!

We have lost to Clyde 2-1 in a closed door friendly this afternoon.

It doesn''t say what the team was or who scored for Norwich. But Clyde say we fielded a strong team.

Early days I know, but not looking good!!!!!!!

Thats totally irrelavant guys. It''s pre-season. Wolves lost against Wrexham the other day. Teams often lose meaningless friendlies against small clubs.

And Clyde are always going to say it was a strong team, they''re not going to say "Clyde have beaten a really poor Norwich team" are they?

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

Thats totally irrelavant guys. It''s pre-season. Wolves lost against Wrexham the other day. Teams often lose meaningless friendlies against small clubs.

And Clyde are always going to say it was a strong team, they''re not going to say "Clyde have beaten a really poor Norwich team" are they?

[/quote]

Totally agree. They''ve had three games, that was our first. And I bet what they call "really strong" is in actual fact a load of pants!

''Really strong''....''load of pants''...hard to tell with the squad we have at the moment isn''t it?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]''Really strong''....''load of pants''...hard to tell with the squad we have at the moment isn''t it?[/quote]

True [;)]

I am more concerned about the fact that Clyde call them selves the ''bully wee''...[:O][quote user="4-4-2"]

It doesn''t say what the team was or who scored for Norwich. But Clyde say we fielded a strong team.

[/quote]

We lost to Exeter in our first preseason game last year, wasn''t a good omen then, I hope this isn''t either! Anyway, bring on the mighty Greens on Wednesday...  

awful to be totally honest, I know its only pre-season, but it isn''t good signs already.

We lost 2-1 to Exeter last year I suppose, but we all know what happened in the first 15 games.

[quote user="bass is best"]

Norwich has a strong team!?!?!?!?!?! [*-)]

they must have been playing someone else and thought it was us, lol

[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. Glenn probably had to resort to playing the tea lady in defence and a couple of ground staff in midfield.

I know on the one hand these results are fairly meaningless. But still, it''s not great. Certainly not the result the PR people will have wanted at the moment to deflect attention away. Wonder who we had up front? Can''t imagine the mighty Clyde were particularly worried though...

[quote user="Grando"]I know on the one hand these results are fairly meaningless. But still, it''s not great. Certainly not the result the PR people will have wanted at the moment to deflect attention away. Wonder who we had up front? Can''t imagine the mighty Clyde were particularly worried though...[/quote]

Who did we have up front? A rather short striker who was struggling to find the net in the latter part of last season and a youngster (Martin) who may never be good enough, I should imagine. Funny that, we had about seven strikers only a couple of seasons ago. The signs are looking very ominous for the new season.

Also its a bit odd that Clyde already have a piece up on their official site along with a team list.  We have nothing on ours - perhaps they dont want to scare us with seeing our starting eleven?

[quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Also its a bit odd that Clyde already have a piece up on their official site along with a team list.  We have nothing on ours - perhaps they dont want to scare us with seeing our starting eleven?

[quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote][/quote]

We have a starting 11??? [:D]

why are people getting their knickers in a twist over a closed doors friendly? our first friendly too! friendlys are there for a reason, match and general fitness. i wouldnt say there was much more than that. the fact we havnt got a team sheet may be down to us having some trialists or potential signings playing for us? but for all we know we could have just fielded a complete youth side.

Even though it was behind closed doors, they could tell us who was playing and who scored.  This club is becoming more secretive than North Korea . . .

I watched Clyde beat Yamouth Town on Saturday 0-0 half time 4-0 full time !Yarmouth matched them in the first half but fitness helped Clyde in the second half . I will take the result against Norwich as a pinch of salt

[quote user="National express super guard"]probable team; rudd, doncaster, smith, wynn jones, munby, turner, turner, lathorpe, chadwick, bloke driving past colney, ambulance driver on a break
[/quote]

crap back 4 . . . [:)]

On there Yarmouth report is says 100 clyde fans watched the match ! There were only 8 of them at the match swearing shouting things like Gobshite at most of there team . Reports not 100% true

Norwich probably fielded the Easton College 2nd XI....Don''t really want the dozen or so NCFC real Professionals - getting injured before Coventry....

if it was behind closed doors then how do we know thwe score?

I dont believe Clyde in that case and saying we won 12-0 with Cureton scoring 11 and our new signing getting the other ;)

jas :)

To me it doesn''t matter what side we fielded.  The record books will show that we lost.

Firstly, winning breeds a winning habit.  To those who think it was merely a run out to improve fitness etc you are talking a scrotum''s contents..  Thought that was the point of a week at Chez Mansell.  Mind you, saw Lee Croft in the city on Saturday.  He must have stayed at home!

Secondly, you would think with the small squad that we have that these would be the opportunities for all players especially supposed fringe players, to show Roeder / Clark / whoever was there exactly what they are capable of, regardless of 1st match back guff.  Whether it is behind closed doors, or in front of 25,000 at Carrow Road, these are professionals.

I bet Gorleston are crapping themselves.................................

I would only point out that these behind closed doors "practice games" are often a joke.  Col U had one with MK Dons not long ago - different team (mostly trialists) in each half and every now and again the game stopped completely for people to have a "tactics" huddle. Free flowing football this was not.  My understanding is that Clyde had a training session at your place and then this practice match at the end of it.  The clubs trained together this morning I am told, bit more this afternoon and then what amounts (my opinion) to little more than a kickabout although one of the Clyde players ended up in the N&N for stitches.  Hope it wasn''t a row with that young chap from Beccles (only joking)..............

[quote user="timncfc"]

wonder if delia was watching?

[/quote]

Delia said she wanted a friendly crowd around her.....so they locked the gates the day before kick-off.