Sign in to follow this  
one-pint

Birmingham now after Gow

[quote user="C.T wizard"]So not good enough for us but good enough for promotion chasers[^o)][/quote]Birmingham might well out bid us on this one.

If we had wanted to sign Gow we would have signed him by now. He was practically begging to sign for us a week or so ago. We clearly did not like his attitude when he came down for talks and have given this one a miss.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="C.T wizard"]So not good enough for us but good enough for promotion chasers[^o)]
[/quote]

Birmingham might well out bid us on this one.

[/quote]

Maybe in personal terms, but we''ve already had a fee agreed with Rangers.

We should have had him a week ago but for dithering due to the Cullum saga.

Brum Attackers: Mcfadden, Jerome, Mcsheffrey, Bent, Gow, O''Connor, Phillips.

Our Attackers: Martin, Cureton

= ouch.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Brum Attackers: Mcfadden, Jerome, Mcsheffrey, Bent, Gow, O''Connor, Phillips.

= ouch.

[/quote]AndyJR dont forget Doherty can play as striker ....[:P]

[quote user="C.T wizard"][quote user="AndyJR"]Brum Attackers: Mcfadden, Jerome, Mcsheffrey, Bent, Gow, O''Connor, Phillips.

= ouch.

[/quote]AndyJR dont forget Doherty can play as striker ....[:P][/quote]That''s a relief, panic over then.  Stand down people, it''s all going to be fine.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If we had wanted to sign Gow we would have signed him by now. He was practically begging to sign for us a week or so ago. We clearly did not like his attitude when he came down for talks and have given this one a miss.[/quote]You may be right Jim. Just wish we could have a hit.

Almost anybody coming in would look good right now.

How many more permanents do you think we''ll get. I will go for 3 and a goalkeeper max.

[quote user="Marvellous News Mavis"]Dont Worry Gow will join Norwich
[/quote]I am worried now.

By all accounts he wanted 2k a week more than we were offering, and Roeder wasn''t impressed by his inflexible attitude where the money was all he seemed bothered about.  Hence the standoff.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Brum Attackers: Mcfadden, Jerome, Mcsheffrey, Bent, Gow, O''Connor, Phillips.

= ouch.

[/quote]

That is a title winning front line. Even if they get rid of O''Connor and Mcfadden, the rest is still good enough. Come on Norwihc, pull your fingers out and get some strikers please.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]By all accounts he wanted 2k a week more than we were offering, and Roeder wasn''t impressed by his inflexible attitude where the money was all he seemed bothered about.  Hence the standoff.[/quote]And how the hell was you privy too that information.

There must be a lot of leaks at Carrow Road. Moles everywhere.

The amount of confidential info that supporters are privy too is more than you would expect.

The powers that be must be spending a lot of time tracking down the moles.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Punting Canary"]By all accounts he wanted 2k a week more than we were offering, and Roeder wasn''t impressed by his inflexible attitude where the money was all he seemed bothered about.  Hence the standoff.[/quote]

And how the hell was you privy too that information.
[/quote]

*And how the hell were you privy to that information.

[quote user="Disappointing news Dave"][quote user="Marvellous News Mavis"]Dont Worry Gow will join Norwich[/quote]Cant see it happening now Mave[/quote]Oh it will happen i am the tea lady and a young scottish man walked past me and someone told me it was Alan Gow

[quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If we had wanted to sign Gow we would have signed him by now. He was practically begging to sign for us a week or so ago. We clearly did not like his attitude when he came down for talks and have given this one a miss.[/quote]You may be right Jim. Just wish we could have a hit.

Almost anybody coming in would look good right now.

How many more permanents do you think we''ll get. I will go for 3 and a goalkeeper max.

[/quote]

I agree we do need a lift and we need it fast. I cannot beliueve we are once again on the verge of going on pre-season tour with such a small squad. We need the players together playing in the pre-season games so they can hopefully gel before the season starts.

I would hope for at least 3 more permanents (excluding the keeper) if we are going to have a decent squad. Of these I think we either need 2 strikers and 1 centre back or 2 centre backs and a striker with whichever one we get 1 of being covered by a decent loan signing. We also need right back cover on loan as well. All in all I think 2x CF, 2x CB, 1x RB and 1 x GK and we may be about right.