Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Don't think this has been posted before - Have a read.

A really good article and it puts in to perspective how lucky we are!It also goes to show there are far more important things to spend your day worrying about than who we''re going to sign  and who controls our club!

well done Greeno...

what happened to that chap who used to throw basketballs at the Lower years at C N S School then?

jas :)

[quote user="I Roeder"]A model Pro, goes to show Professional footballers can be Normal. Not all money mad Slaves![/quote]

Good for Greeno but, without taking anything away from him, it is the case that the more priviliged you are the more you can give back and the more time and money you have to do good deeds. I''m busy earning a living and saving up for retirement but I would love to be a celebrity, with so much money that even in my 20''s the rest of my life is so totally secure that I can anticipate a high quality retirement. If I had that sort of quality of life right now I would be delighted to stop scraping a living and, instead, give something back, help the underpriviliged, particularly the elderly and poor in this country as well as those abroad.  Princess Diana was for me the most extreme example of what I am saying - sadly, she had no real meaning to her life, loveless marriage and all that but at least she was able to use her celebrity, high profile and her unlimited funds and means to go out there and help good causes and win the world''s admiration at the same time. So, sincerely, well done Greeno and shame that you are in the minority.

Turn it in mate.  What do you want him to do? - he can''t win either way. Pal of mine climbed Kilimanjaro with him a couple of weeks ago for the autism charity Treehouse.  He said that Green was absolutely one of the lads, incredibly likeable and generous with his time, and it clearly mean''t as much to him as to anyone else.