Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Here's who I would like us to sign

I haven''t started a thread on players who I would like to see grace the hollowed Carrow Road turf, so here I go:

Reserve goalkeeper- Rami Shaaban, Stack

Defenders- Huth, Riggot, Griffen, Kenton, Purse (is he getting a game at Brum?), Rowett (Potentially?)

Midfielders- Petit, Kennedy (bit unrealistic), Cahill (again possibly unrealisic), Steven Reid, Bellion, Pennant (I wish!!), Downing, Bryan Hughes

Forwards- Crouch, Ashton, Lua-Lua (if doesn''t Portsmouth), Blake, Donavan (American bloke)

Ok I''m not suggesting we get ALL these players of course because we would need a very rich Russian to bank role us, but maybe a couple of defenders and midfielders and a goalkeeper and forward.

Come on then shoot me down!

Some good choices there DD.

I''ve got this feeling that worthy won''t sign a keeper,I know lewis is too young to play premiership football but i think if greeno gets injured then he''ll look at the loan market.
As i think Neil Adams mention its gonna be hard to get a keeper in when he knows he''ll be 2nd choice.When we signed Chriton we had only just lost Marshall and Green was still inexperienced.So i think Lewis will play for the reserves to get practice in and be sub.
Remember if your good enough your old enough.

Think i mentioned Griffen,Huth-maybe years loan,kenton-don''t think Worthy will have him back,Purse-not played that many games for Brum but i think there Charlton are after him,Riggot-can''t c Boro selling him.What about Dean Richards from spurs-out of picture at moment and was once worth 8m
I''m a big fan of Hayden mullins-still young and can play at rb,cb and in midfield.People have mentioned dawson from Forest but would prefer Tom Huddlestone from Derby,but don''t think he''d join us.

i''ve said before that jimmy Bullard from Wigan might be a good signing,probably too much like Holt but is not scared to shoot from distance.

Now that Iwan has left i think Crouch will join and take the number 9 shirt.

On The Ball City

DD - with the exception of Kents ( he is history) there is ery little to disagree with here and I think that they are all realistic targets for a loan deal if not out right signings.

I particularly like Rowett at right back but I am not sure if he is still out with a long term injury?

Finding a deputy keeper will be on Worthys shopping list - not sure who is available and willing to sit on the reserve bench though - I wouldnt want to spend much in the way of wages here either.

OTBC

Yeah dumble ashton would be great from crewe he looks like a good player

be good to even think about getting Sutton back from celtic but i guess he would cost a bit and is he really a player for the future etc like maybe ashton would be

what happend to that scottish Striker who was on loan at scunthorpe from rangers i heard we interested in him early in the season

Heskey - ha ha ha ha ha!!! I said they MUST improve the squad - Id rather keep Iwan

David Bentley from Arsenal. He must be well down the pecking order at Highbury. We could even get him on a season long loan, he could be our Forssell.

Surely we must bring in a back up to Greeno with some experience?i know it is tough to bring someone in to be second choice but it makes sense and i am sure that plenty of keepers out there would be up for it. What if greeno gets injured at old trafford and Joe Lewis come on for his debut at the age of 17?it doesnt really work

Are we sure Bentley is any better than Jarvis and he has a bit of an attitude issue. Bentley is behind Aliadere and now Van Persie, so he should be available. Ryan is a known quantity and will be as good as Bentley.

Going back to the original post I think Griffen would be a good buy.

OTBC

As I said on a previous post, we should sign Darren bent and dean bowditch. Maybe Ian Westlake. We improve the squad and the binners get relegated!!

2 birds one stone

i think bentley is floating type player behind the front two or one not sure we would be able to get him in ahead of huckerby

I think Huth would be a good candidate, though with Desailly looking likely to leave Chelsea at the end of the season, I doubt they''d let him go - he is the only good, natural back up for Terry / Gallas. And he''s been involved in a lot of their recent games. Having said that, I saw that Chelsea are interested in Vincent Kompany, and Ranieri has said that central defence is the area he''s looking to strengthen. If they buy in a couple of high profile players (Samuel from Roma has also been mentioned), then Huth might look for a year''s loan somewhere maybe?

Griffen has looked pretty good the few times that I''ve seen him, as has the lad from Rangers (Maurice Ross?) - would provide good competition to Edworthy for the right-back spot.

Fulham are apparently chasing him, too. Though they''ve signed Maurice Voltz (sp?) from Arsenal on a permanent deal now, so wouldn''t think they''d need another right back, but you never know..

I would agree with those who say a centre back, right back (possibly), right winger (please Pennant!), and another good quality striker are needed. Also, as back up to Greeno, I agree that Stack from Arsenal would be a good signing - but if Lehmann leaves in the summer, I think Stack will stay (I can see Stuart Taylor moving on too).

As for strikers, I think a young, hungry player who''s sitting in the reserves of a top half Premiership club would be good on a year''s loan, or someone from Div 1, 2 maybe, who''s consistently scored goals and might be looking to take a step up. No past-it-looking-for-one-last-payday-Tony-Cottee-like-players though thank you!

Goals are what will keep us in this league. We''ve got a strong defence (that needs more depth, admittedly), but good, hungry strikers (Forsell-types) would be ideal, and are exactly what we need.

OTBC

Just read in the paper this morning that Portsmouth have rekindled their interest in signing Andy Griffin.

The lad has premier ability so will improve the squad and will have something to prove - just the sort of player we should be looking to bring in - have a word city.

OTBC