Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

The truth is out there...Delia please speak

CANARY TIM

The recent behaviour by some of us city fans towards Delia is totally out of order. Without Delia and her husband I for one believe the club would have been relegated to the third tier of english football  along while ago & therefore the championship season would never have happened, ask yourself would we have got Darren Huckerby without them ?

I would love the person who started this whole "Delia Mugabe " thing to have to live in Zimbabwe under Mugabe and criticize  him in the same way he has Delia. I don`t think he (or she) would live very long.

And as I have said on this messageboard before I feel the present board have done a very good job in the circumstances. This I know is not a very popular opinion to have but we have had some very good years under them.

That said we now have a huge problem, Mr Cullum has stated "Delia is not for selling" and this does alot of damage because the Smiths MUST be open to offers from people who can put more money into the club than they can. (The Turners,  their role must be clarified or why are they there ?)

The Cullum offer I understand came with a few conditions( like if things went belly up he wanted his money back)  perhaps this is why the deal collapsed.

Whatever the reason Delia must come out and explain to the fans ......all of us not just a select few. The problem she now has is that if things get worse she could be in a totally untenable position. 

Imagine we lose the first 3 games ( Clyde 2 Norwich 1  ! ) and despite Glenn Roeder`s miracle in keeping us up last season  our team  strengthening this summer has not gone well.  Add Roeder`s icy disregard of journalists and  his ridiculous  treatment of Neil Adams,  all this could result in pressure from the fans and the press alike.

I urge Delia to get herself to a TV studio and put across  her side of the story and try to defuse this situation before it gets any worse.

I certainly think the club should say something! Maybe a reassuring word from Delia, or even the chairman just to let the fans know things are under control. After all, the club have said nothing at all, and everything that has been said so far has come from disgruntled fans who know nothing more about the situation than what the club has told them - nothing!

the club defo need to tell the fans their reasons for turning away pc. "some very good years" i dont think so. i can remember 1. i cant wait to get my pitch fork out!

[quote]This I know is not a very popular opinion to have but we have had some very good years under them.[/quote]

We had 1 year, all the others were midtable mediocrity.

[quote]I urge Delia to get herself to a TV studio and put across  her side of the story and try to defuse this situation before it gets any worse.[/quote]

Shes probably remained quiet because if she did come out and tell the truth it would make things worse for her. Perhaps its just a case of "I don''t want to sell afterall. No-ones having my club". We''ll find out sooner or later though.

I personally think something has to be done or said as it is causing alot of division between the supporters. That is the last thing we need. I feel that something is still going on behind the scenes regarding a takeover. No news is good news. After all that has been going on i believe Delia will want to get out as soon as possible now.

[quote]I personally think something has to be done or said as it is causing alot of division between the supporters. That is the last thing we need. I feel that something is still going on behind the scenes regarding a takeover. No news is good news. After all that has been going on i believe Delia will want to get out as soon as possible now.[/quote]

They just turned away a billionaire from Norfolk who supports Norwich, who else can they possibly be talking to who fits their wonderful criteria as an investor? If she wanted out asap she just lost her chance to do so.

[quote user="canarytim"]

CANARY TIM

The recent behaviour by some of us city fans towards Delia is totally out of order. Without Delia and her husband I for one believe the club would have been relegated to the third tier of english football  along while ago & therefore the championship season would never have happened, ask yourself would we have got Darren Huckerby without them ?

[/quote]Anyone who starts a post with their own name in capital letters just screams out "attention seeker".The rest of it is the usual board apologist guff.And we know the club were only paying half of Huckerby''s wages, right?[quote user="canarytim"]

I would love the person who started this whole "Delia Mugabe " thing

to have to live in Zimbabwe under Mugabe and criticize  him in the same

way he has Delia. I don`t think he (or she) would live very long.

[/quote]I will never tire of explaining to people too stupid to grasp a basic irony that this was in no way a serious comparison.

The truth is out there Tim.  But would you trust Delia "fans would never forgive us" Smith to tell it?  I''d prefer silence to another load of BS.

[quote user="canarytim"]

CANARY TIM

Oh Dear Mr Chops, kettle & pot I think !  

[/quote]

ALEX_NCFC

Eh? [:s]