Sign in to follow this  
NCFC since 1986

if there are "SECRET" signings already in training etc.....

then surely we will hear something before tomorrow nights game given that it''s the first pre-season game in front of a viewing public adn one would assume they will be taking part....given of course there are some "secret" players/trialists

I think there are a lot of players that we have been linked with which as yet have not transferred to other clubs.  Players such as Gorkks, Ameobi, Rigters, Gow, Bell, Rasiek, Evans and probably others have all been linked with Norwich this summer and lets face it none of us would be surprised if they transferred/loaned from their incumbent between now and the start of the season.  I am not saying that any of these players will come to Norwich, but they are going to go somewhere, I guess the selling club are holding out for more money or making sure they get a replacement, similar to us with Shackell if the rumours are true.  At the moment we all know that the squad is nowhere near good enough to have a realistic playoff chance.  I expect up to 5/6 more players coming in, a goalkeeper, 2/3 defenders and 2/3 forwards.  Sadly, and I am crap at this but, we all have to have patience

[quote user="Bravo win or die"]I honestly think there are a few surprises going to be unveiled in the next 2-3 days. Im confident Glenn will bring in a few more faces yet.[/quote]

Haven''t we been saying this for bloody weeks?!

I honestly think we are "going with what we''ve got"

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="tribes"]They will be the ones wearing masks.[/quote]like Spiderman?[:$][/quote]

Kinky!!!! [;)]

[/quote]If I was being kinky I''d have said Catwoman......meooow!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we have trialists they will be poor foreign players who have no club , hardly what we need is it .[/quote]Or expensive players who''s previous clubs couldn''t afford them?

I don''t think there is any chance of ''going with what we''ve got'' though I do find it extraordinary that there is nothing at all coming out of the club, as that is just weird given that we are little more than 3 weeks away from the big kick-off.  There is absolutely nothing.  What adds to the strangeness is that we''ve not heard anything from GR - or others - for well over a week.  I just checked and there has only been one article on Canariesworld since 4 July (this was the report just after the players returned for preseason training) and that was an Anglia tv interview with Ryan B on the 15th. 

You would have thought that there would have at least been a ''general'' press conference when they came back from Devon, a mention that we are still in for several players, or an interview on canariesworld, but nothing of interest has been reported by the club for weeks.  You have to just hope that this is the lull before the proverbial storm, and that there''s tonnes going on behind the scenes with a multiple unveiling and/or news of some investment dead soon...but for some reason the longer it goes on, the less I am getting the feeling that it is a ''good'' silence.

At least we have our first pre-season friendly tomorrow - you''d have thought that the club will have to start saying something about that, at least!

Well there is a press conference after the game, you never know, it might not be just to talk about the game, it could be about new players, somehow I doubt it. Annoying me now.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I don''t think there is any chance of ''going with what we''ve got'' though I do find it extraordinary that there is nothing at all coming out of the club, as that is just weird given that we are little more than 3 weeks away from the big kick-off.  There is absolutely nothing.  What adds to the strangeness is that we''ve not heard anything from GR - or others - for well over a week.  I just checked and there has only been one article on Canariesworld since 4 July (this was the report just after the players returned for preseason training) and that was an Anglia tv interview with Ryan B on the 15th. 

You would have thought that there would have at least been a ''general'' press conference when they came back from Devon, a mention that we are still in for several players, or an interview on canariesworld, but nothing of interest has been reported by the club for weeks.  You have to just hope that this is the lull before the proverbial storm, and that there''s tonnes going on behind the scenes with a multiple unveiling and/or news of some investment dead soon...but for some reason the longer it goes on, the less I am getting the feeling that it is a ''good'' silence.

At least we have our first pre-season friendly tomorrow - you''d have thought that the club will have to start saying something about that, at least!

[/quote]Hope they''ve all got back from Devon. The Clyde match was behind closed doors and don''t think any of our players were singled out as actually playing.

[quote user="Casper"]I think there are a lot of players that we have been linked with which as yet have not transferred to other clubs.  Players such as Gorkks, Ameobi, Rigters, Gow, Bell, Rasiek, Evans and probably others have all been linked with Norwich this summer and lets face it none of us would be surprised if they transferred/loaned from their incumbent between now and the start of the season.  I am not saying that any of these players will come to Norwich, but they are going to go somewhere, I guess the selling club are holding out for more money or making sure they get a replacement, similar to us with Shackell if the rumours are true.  At the moment we all know that the squad is nowhere near good enough to have a realistic playoff chance.  I expect up to 5/6 more players coming in, a goalkeeper, 2/3 defenders and 2/3 forwards.  Sadly, and I am crap at this but, we all have to have patience[/quote]

Good point they haven''t been signed elsewhere and I hope you''re right with the rest too...

I''m an eternal optimist in these things, but the lack of news is certainly beginning to grate.  I just can''t quite see that all the releasing of players, the backroom reorganisation and so on isn''t part of a decent, formed, plan.  The ''only'' problem being that in order to carry out a plan at a football club, you need a decent squad of players. 

Currently, per the official NCFC site, our squad has only 4 defenders (+ Ryan B who isn''t on there yet) and 4 strikers (including Daley, Renton and Martin)...the only part of the squad that looks remotely ok (and does look pretty well set) is m/f where we have 12.  IMO we need 6 players at least.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we have trialists they will be poor foreign players who have no club , hardly what we need is it .
[/quote]

Man City once picked up a poor Foreigner with no club who was "hardly what they needed" Georgiou Kinkladze was his name.. what ever happened to that joke?

just because they are free doesnt make them bad players

jas :)

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="tribes"]They will be the ones wearing masks.[/quote]like Spiderman?[:$][/quote]I think that ''Spiderman'' fella went to Newcastle? The one who carries the mask in his shorts and puts it on when he scores. Shame. He looked quite good......... Maybe Jamie could do that when he scores? Might give him a bit of incentive? [:P]