Sign in to follow this  
Ah Newton Mink

We seek him here, We seek him there

oh jeeez.....well spit it out, there has been a distinct lack of transfer rooomers on here for at least 12hours

No, he''s in San Jose.

There will however be signings tomorrow. There always are.

Tell us who it will be.

I would love to say my call for Newton brought him out of the dark, but I don''t think he saw my post! So what is this about now the Newton?

Ah is a timewaster imo.  His usual occupation is making hoax calls to the fire brigade but when he thinks they''re on to him he goes to ground and comes on here for a bit.

Possibly a binner.

Prove me wrong . . .

I think that will be impossible, at least he is being slightly clever by not stating anything concrete. He is probably a relation of GNG''s!

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Ah is a timewaster imo.  His usual occupation is making hoax calls to the fire brigade but when he thinks they''re on to him he goes to ground and comes on here for a bit.

Possibly a binner.

Prove me wrong . . .

[/quote]

Dear oh dear FP, you really should try a change of occupation, don''t get so annoyed and worked up and angry about things, life is too short.[:)] 

I come in peace, I''m not nasty or malicious and I am not a binner.

This thread has nothing to do with new signings, well, not directly.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I would love to say my call for Newton brought him out of the dark, but I don''t think he saw my post! So what is this about now the Newton?[/quote]

I have replied to that post.

[quote user="Ah Newton Mink"]We seek him here, we seek him there,
Those fans seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven? — Is he in hell?
That damned, elusive, Pimpernell[;)][/quote]

We are to assume here that you are drawing parallels between the legendary 18th century ''Scarlet Pimpernell'' (real identity Sir Percy Blakeney, an unassuming English aristocrat) and a potential investor in Norwich City FC.

You could mean Peter Cullum, he seems quite a normal and unassuming, decent chap in day to day life, (certainly from the way he appears in the press) yet he''s actually got another side to his character, the ruthless ''King of Deals'' who hoovers up companies for breakfast by moving in at their weakest moment.

Alternatively, you may be referring to another mystery investor who we don''t know about yet - if such a person does exist, then they truly are Pimpernell like in their ability to slip under everybody''s radar whilst holding talks about investment in NCFC - no mean feat in the current climate. But Delia did say investment was on it''s way, and she couldn''t have meant Cullum as nothing had been agreed then (on the 25th June at the Show) or since. It may also explain her silence - or her orders to be silent from the rest of the board - since the Cullum deal collapsed. She can''t explain why the Cullum proposal wasn''t accepted because something else is afoot.

If you imagine our current squad as French aristocrats facing the guillotine that is relegation to League One, then someone Pimpernell like is definitely required to spring them from jail by creating the funds for investment in players.

That doesn''t scan.

[quote user="Ah Newton Mink"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Possibly a binner.

Prove me wrong . . .

[/quote]

Dear oh dear FP, you really should try a change of occupation, don''t get so annoyed and worked up and angry about things, life is too short.[:)] 

I come in peace, I''m not nasty or malicious and I am not a binner.

This thread has nothing to do with new signings, well, not directly.

[/quote]

I was trying to flush you out Ah, and it seems to have worked. [:P]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cryptic riddles or convoluted [:-*]nonsense? Smells a lot like blyblybabes to me..... [:P]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/1134.gif[/img]

[:)]

OTBC

It''s a self portrait - or so you would have us believe. I claim my £5.

(They seek him here, they seek him there,
City fans seek him everywhere.
A striker from heaven or even from hell
Who gives a damn? Get back in your shell)

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I was hoping this was to be some homage to the kinks![/quote]

Now I get it!  He''s a ''Dedicated Follower of Fashanu'' . . .

[:$] I do apologise)