Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Palace for sale

Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordon is selling Palace, I wonder how much that will go for?

Know anybody with that sort of cash going spare?

Not bad for a prime city centre site!!

Didn''t know HM was that short of cash

As far as I can remember the Sellhurst shite hole is owned by Ron Nodes. If so then It is worth whatever the players are worth because their are no other assets so a couple of grand should see a sale!

[quote user="rainbow"]As far as I can remember the Sellhurst shite hole is owned by Ron Nodes. If so then It is worth whatever the players are worth because their are no other assets so a couple of grand should see a sale![/quote]

You think that''s bad but don''t the Binners rent their ground from the local council ?!

[quote user="rainbow"]As far as I can remember the Sellhurst shite hole is owned by Ron Nodes. If so then It is worth whatever the players are worth because their are no other assets so a couple of grand should see a sale![/quote]

Ron Nodes did own the ground but I think Simon Jorden bought the ground off him about 3 years ago.  From what I remember Ron Nodes didn''t want to sell to SJ so SJ did a slie one and got someone else to purchase it on his behalf.  I might be wrong but i''m sure somehting like that happened

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

Ron Nodes did own the ground but I think Simon Jorden bought the ground off him about 3 years ago.  From what I remember Ron Nodes didn''t want to sell to SJ so SJ did a slie one and got someone else to purchase it on his behalf.  I might be wrong but i''m sure somehting like that happened

[/quote]

When Mark Goldberg bought Crystal Palace, he bought just the club and former Palace chairman Ron Noades retained Selhurst Park. Chairman Simon Jordan took out a ten year lease on the ground upon his purchase of the club in 2000 and Noades received rent from Palace. Wimbledon F.C. relocated to Milton Keynes in 2003, their fans already having decamped to the newly established AFC Wimbledon in protest when the old club were given permission by the FA to move in 2002.

Palace chairman Jordan made public his interest in buying Selhurst, stating he had completed the deal for a price of £12m in October 2006, by purchasing the freehold. In fact as at January 2008 the ownership of the ground is held by Selhurst Park Limited a Company that is itself owned by a variety of other companies including an HBOS venture capital company and also companies which are part of the Rock Property empire owned by Paul Kemsley a former director of Tottenham Hotspur. Jordan''s exact financial interest in the ground is unknown.