Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Where is Munby in all this?

It seems strange that the chairman hasn''t come out and talked about the current situation at all.

They must be able to see the unrest amongst the fans, surely a statement in support of the board from him would be appropriate now?!

Or a statemnt against the board if he so wishes?!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

He''s busy being cleverer than all the rest.

I thought everybody knew.

OTBC

[/quote]

Whereas I thought he was away being obsessed with off the field activities.

[quote user="Wally"]

It seems strange that the chairman hasn''t come out and talked about the current situation at all.

They must be able to see the unrest amongst the fans, surely a statement in support of the board from him would be appropriate now?!

[/quote]

Exactly so.  What is a chairman for, if not to make statements on behalf of the board? 

And unveil new players.  Which hasn''t happened either btw . . .

He''s probably still celebrating Hull City''s promotion to the Premier, and is offering his services to them as a programme seller.....

[quote user="Wally"]

[/quote]Something funny is going on, that''s for sure.I know Roger Munby.  Not well, but well enough.  I worked at his company in the late nineties as a graduate and a couple of times even graced the Director''s box (that''s the bit in the City stand, not a euphamism for Delia''s lady garden) for league matches (5-0 against some hapless team comes to mind, Kenton scoring the first goal).  Fatefully I was there on the day he walked into the office and announced he was buying a player from Celtic who "would be a goodie" - that was Peter Grant.  Given Grant''s management skills, perhaps Bill Oddie would have been a better choice, but there we go.  I know he cares passionately about the club, despite what some would say about his Hull City connections.  I have a lot of time for the man professionally and as a fellow supporter.The silence is not only deafening - it is utterly baffling.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
The silence is not only deafening - it is utterly baffling.

[/quote]

And self-defeating, surely. If they don''t say something, the public perception is surely going to continue to be that they turned down a 20M ticket to the Premiership, whether that perception is fair or not. And if we''re going into the first home game on the back of a league defeat and an exit from the cup, which is hardly out of the question, as that other guy said with Huckerby conspicuous by his absence, it''s going to be really ugly, isn''t it? If they are obsessed with spin, as some allege, they''re rubbish at it.

Delia''s lady garden? You really do want to be banned, don''t you?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"] The silence is not only deafening - it is utterly baffling.[/quote]

And self-defeating, surely. If they don''t say something, the public perception is surely going to continue to be that they turned down a 20M ticket to the Premiership, whether that perception is fair or not. And if we''re going into the first home game on the back of a league defeat and an exit from the cup, which is hardly out of the question, as that other guy said with Huckerby conspicuous by his absence, it''s going to be really ugly, isn''t it? If they are obsessed with spin, as some allege, they''re rubbish at it.

Delia''s lady garden? You really do want to be banned, don''t you?

[/quote]I''m more concerned that I misspelt euphemism.And now whether misspelt is one word or two.One mildly amusing story from that era - at the said 5-0, I met Delia Smith in the Director''s bar at half time with her two special guests - Willie Carson and Anne Robinson.  Now I''m not the tallest man in the world, but I did keep expecting them to start singing "follow the yellow brick road" at any point.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wally"]

[/quote]

Something funny is going on, that''s for sure.

I know Roger Munby.  Not well, but well enough.  I worked at his company in the late nineties as a graduate and a couple of times even graced the Director''s box (that''s the bit in the City stand, not a euphamism for Delia''s lady garden) for league matches (5-0 against some hapless team comes to mind, Kenton scoring the first goal).  Fatefully I was there on the day he walked into the office and announced he was buying a player from Celtic who "would be a goodie" - that was Peter Grant.  Given Grant''s management skills, perhaps Bill Oddie would have been a better choice, but there we go.  I know he cares passionately about the club, despite what some would say about his Hull City connections.  I have a lot of time for the man professionally and as a fellow supporter.

[/quote]

Why is it baffling? If he''s the appointed Chairman, he should be saying something. Whether it''s to allay the supporting fraternity''s fears, or stating, that due to a confidentiality agreement - any pertinent news, concerning the recent ''Flim-Flam'' would be forthcoming when deemed appropriate, or matters have been settled.  

He is also paid a salary by the club - is he not?...Now is the time for him to justify it......And that includes Darth Donkster......But then again, NAH! I''d prefer if Darth kept quiet.

I''m sure Roger is a decent chap, ( he was a Director during Robber Chaste''s tenure).....Didn''t know much about him then, apart from the fact he likes a ciggy.....

I do think a statement should be forthcoming from him, but, maybe they think silence is golden. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

The silence is not only deafening - it is utterly baffling.[/quote]

Why is it baffling? If he''s the appointed Chairman, he should be saying something. Whether it''s to allay the supporting fraternity''s fears, or stating, that due to a confidentiality agreement - any pertinent news, concerning the recent ''Flim-Flam'' would be forthcoming when deemed appropriate, or matters have been settled.  

He is also paid a salary by the club - is he not?...Now is the time for him to justify it......And that includes Darth Donkster......But then again, NAH! I''d prefer if Darth kept quiet.

I''m sure Roger is a decent chap, ( he was a Director during Robber Chaste''s tenure).....Didn''t know much about him then, apart from the fact he likes a ciggy.....

I do think a statement should be forthcoming from him, but, maybe they think silence is golden. 

[/quote]

Isn''t that what "the silence is baffling" means, Mello? 

Cuddly Roger is a poodle, happy to snuggle down on his mistress'' ample (and slightly wee-scented) lap having his head stroked reassuringly. In return, he has to do nothing except be the club''s resident 70''s  "David Hunter" style smoothy, use his dulcet tones to deliver the latest meaningless platitudes hand-written by Herr von Doncaster and his cronies to apease the great unwashed and remember not to soil himself until he gets outside. Even his oily frontman skills, employed to greatest effect when giving the voice over to the nauseating annual video for the AGM about cherrideeee, won''t calm the troubled waters on the Wensum at the moment.

Wurzel

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, my interpretation of ''the silence is baffling'' is that your stating that Mr Munby has not came forth to make a statement, and you find it out of character, as you having known the chap through being employed by him........My comment/reply "Why is it baffling" is because my opinion, is that I expected nothing from him, as it is common and usual practise for him and the board to ''disappear'' when the going gets tough. And I stated my reasons why he should (as Club Chairman) make a comment or statement pertaining to the current situation at NCFC. It''s his job.......isn''t it?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wally"]

[/quote]

Something funny is going on, that''s for sure.

I know Roger Munby.  Not well, but well enough.  I worked at his company in the late nineties as a graduate and a couple of times even graced the Director''s box (that''s the bit in the City stand, not a euphamism for Delia''s lady garden) for league matches (5-0 against some hapless team comes to mind, Kenton scoring the first goal).  Fatefully I was there on the day he walked into the office and announced he was buying a player from Celtic who "would be a goodie" - that was Peter Grant.  Given Grant''s management skills, perhaps Bill Oddie would have been a better choice, but there we go.  I know he cares passionately about the club, despite what some would say about his Hull City connections.  I have a lot of time for the man professionally and as a fellow supporter.

[/quote]

I thought Bob Cooper was Chairman when we signed Peter the Pointer?

jas :)

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, my interpretation of ''the silence is baffling'' is that your stating that Mr Munby has not came forth to make a statement, and you find it out of character, as you having known the chap through being employed by him........My comment/reply "Why is it baffling" is because my opinion, is that I expected nothing from him, as it is common and usual practise for him and the board to ''disappear'' when the going gets tough. And I stated my reasons why he should (as Club Chairman) make a comment or statement pertaining to the current situation at NCFC. It''s his job.......isn''t it?

[/quote]

He will only make a statement when the owners and his paymasters tell him to and what to say.