Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Who do you think will be the darkhorse/s this season? - Consistency

For me I think that Coventry City will have a good season. With a championship proven strike force of Eastwood/Morrison with Mifsud on the bench, creativity in midfield from Gunnarson and Beuzelin, and a very good centre-back pairing of Scott Dann and Elliot Ward, I can only see them doing better then last season and challenge for the promotion places. Looking at last season, you just can''t tell who will or won''t do well next season, judging by Hull and Stoke being promoted and Leicester going down. I know it''s a long, long shot but even we could go up. Yes I know that we have a very small squad and we are skint but if we made a few good and astute signings and keep consistent, we could have a chance. That''s why this league is so great. The unexpected happens season after season.

The main thing that all the promotion teams have in common is consistency. It''s how you bounce back from going a goal down, it''s how you play when you are on a bad run and all the pressure is on you to start winning to stay in the promotion race and it''s how you can still pull out a result when you have key players injured.

These little things go a long way in deciding the championship race.

I think Swansea too. You will have your usual relegated and promoted teams, your Scums, Shef Utds too, but Swansea will do a Bristol.

I think we have a great chance this year, but then I think that every year and to be fair so does probably every fan in the league.  Consistancy is the famous word and if we get it, we will be up there, but on the other side of the coin, if we get 2 or 3 injuries, Cureton continues to search row Z, then we will be right in it.  But I am sure there are quite a few fans of other teams thinking the same, the difference for QPR, Reading, Brum, Derby and a couple more is that if this summer''s signings are a complete bag, they can go and get a few more in January.  It would have probably been easier to say ''I don''t know'', but you get where I am coming from...

Yeah, I have to agree with you guys. Swansea defiently have a good chance of gaining a play-off spor. Roberto Martinez is destined for big things in my opinion. I wouldn''t of thought a Spanish manager would be a success in England, especially with the physical presence that the English league has. But he has brought in good players like Bodde and Scotland who can cope with the physical presence of these leagues and still play in an attacking mentality of a Spanish team.

Nottingham Forest will be one too watch as will Crystal  Palace.Turning it on its head who will be the big ones to fall? Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton have my money.

[quote user="On The Roeder To Division One"]

Nottingham Forest will be one too watch as will Crystal  Palace.Turning it on its head who will be the big ones to fall? Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton have my money.

[/quote]

Southampton seem to have off-loaded a few players...I think they''ll struggle, Birmingham to win the league I think....City 2nd! [:D]

I don''t think Derby will have a good season. Too many signings and departures. They will do a Leicester next season I think. It will take a while for them to settle and play together well.

This is how i see the top half finishing.

1.Birmingham

2.Reading

3.Burnley

4.Swansea

5.Coventry

6.Norwich

7.Ipswich

8.Palace

9.Derby

10.Doncaster

11.Sheff.Utd

12.Watford

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]Because i believe in positive thinking[/quote]

Can''t see us finishing above Palace, Sheffield United or Ipswich i''m afraid
[/quote]

There''s a surprise[;)]

Could be 4th then........................

What planet are you lot living on?We are in a relegation fight without question barring investment, our team is short in far too many areas.The sooner most face up to this the better!

Sheff wed.... keep an eye on them.

Team set up for hopeless (yet hilarious) embaressing failure - QPR

jas :)

I dont know about dark horses but Birmingham should walk this league.   Current strikers they have are: James McFadden, Cameron Jerome, Kevin Phillips and Gary O''Connor, Marcus Bent.

[quote user="Duffman"]I dont know about dark horses but Birmingham should walk this league.   Current strikers they have are:

James McFadden, Cameron Jerome, Kevin Phillips and Gary O''Connor, Marcus Bent.
[/quote]

Tw*tford should of walk ed this league last season too...

I reckon Boothroyds going to be the first manager to get the sack this season...

jas :)

I''m not too sure where we will finish. If we are left with the squad we have now and say 2 more average players to come, then I can see us finishing around the 14-15th place. If we get 3 good players and I''m talking players like Siberski, Shola, Gorkis etc, then I can see us finishing around 6-7th.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]What planet are you lot living on?

We are in a relegation fight without question barring investment, our team is short in far too many areas.

The sooner most face up to this the better!
[/quote]

How will it be better?