Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Renton

Lol

Big chance for Renton though, if he scores a few goals in pre-season he could get a massive chance.

Good we have another player in the ranks.... not so good that its youth rather than experience, time will tell.

[quote user="Freeza"]

Lol

Big chance for Renton though, if he scores a few goals in pre-season he could get a massive chance.

[/quote]

He''s obiviously impressed sufficiently to earn a pro contract as Roeder said he had only the pre season to convinve him that Renton should get a pro contract...

Anyway on a lighter note with all these young un''s signing, remember the Man Utd side of the mid 90''s? You win nothing with kids [Y]

[quote user="thecanarywizardfan"]

I am starting to believe that it is these youth players that are our new heros. [:(]

In a word - Desperate.

[/quote]

Or inspired...

im happy for the fella, it must of been gutting after having the injury he did i look forward to seeing him play cos he was getting good raviews before the double break.

These kids are, for the most part, unknown quantities.

Remember the impact lads like Eadie, Sutton, Bellamy, Power and Gordon [yeah, he was a kid once] had when they first appeared in the yellow and green?

Not suggesting this lot are going to turn out like Bellars, etc - but it''d be wrong to assume we''re raising another generation of Hendersons/Jarvises without having given them ample opportunity.

[quote user="Polar"]Good we have another player in the ranks.... not so good that its youth rather than experience, time will tell.[/quote]I take it you''de be happy with Evans Polar so maybe Renton could be similar.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

hurray thats our striker troubles covered ! :S

does it make roeder feel better getting all the youth on pro contracts ? makes his squad look bigger !

[/quote]

Grant did the same last year.  A fair few of them have been sent on their way I think...

Liverpool, we should have sold him right after that strike!

thecanarywizard(fan) wrote the following post at 16/07/2008 3:33 PM:

''I am starting to believe that it is these youth players that are our new heros. Sad [:(]

In a word - Desperate.''

-------------

Can''t you just be happy for him? We all know Roeder is a shrewd judge, especially with the young''uns, so surely this is a good thing?

Idiots like you should be Chelsea fans. We don''t need you.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Polar"]Good we have another player in the ranks.... not so good that its youth rather than experience, time will tell.[/quote]I take it you''de be happy with Evans Polar so maybe Renton could be similar.[/quote]fingers crossed!

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

''I am starting to believe that it is these youth players that are our new heros. Sad [:(]

In a word - Desperate.''

-------------

Can''t you just be happy for him? We all know Roeder is a shrewd judge, especially with the young''uns, so surely this is a good thing?

[/quote]

we didnt say we wernt happy for him or we didnt want him to do well !

with a weak squad, many of us want to see solid proven players that will do a top job, with youth adding to that !

In a word - Desperate.''

-------------

[/quote]

Of course I can be happy for him, and you are right about GR, however, we need more than just youngsters who have little or no experience of first team football.

This should be an inspiration for any young talent who is knocked back with a serious injury. All you need to do is keep working harder and harder and the reward is there - I''m thrilled for Kris and am looking forward to maybe seeing him in action in pre-season.

In a word - Desperate.''

-------------

[/quote]

Whoa!!........I think maybe you mis-read me. I would love the young lads to do well. But I know realistically they will struggle and be out of depth given the lack of experience and quality in the current squad. Youngsters need to be shown the ropes by the more senior and more experienced players. The fact they are being handed these pro contracts tells me Roeder is getting desperate. I may be wrong but I doubt it.