Sign in to follow this  
I hate 1p5wich

lets get matteo

Yeah he looks as though he might be a possiblility but has he got much pace? Can''t say i remember. If he has pace then would be a great aquisition. Also what would his wages be like? Whilst on the subject of leeds players, do you think Worthy could get a bargain or two? Bakke, Harte, Matteo, Duberry, Seth Johnson all may be available at a good price over the summer.

again would be a great signing but will surely go to a more established club. We need to look lower down or abroad

Matteo is club captain and does not appear to be one of the stars that Leeds are trying to get rid off - however that should stop us making an enquiry. I agree that whoever we sign at the back must have some pace and I am not sure that Matteo has that.

However he is exactly the sort of player we should be aiming for - proven premier ability dropping out of the premier with the promise of regular fusrt team premier football with city. He would be a much safer bet that going for Dawson or Gabbidon from the lower leagues who are unproven at our level (god that was good to type) - for every Jon Stead there are several players who have not made the grade. The step up is too large and to survive next season we need the new acquisitions to gel pretty much immediately - there will be very little bedding in period.

We should not be satisfied with shopping in the lower leagues but can attract some more experienced and glamourous players willing to prove themselves in yellow and green.

OTBC

Everybody is too pessimistic, Nigel''s phone has probably never stopped ringing ever since we got promoted, and most of the calls will be from agents trying to sell the virtues of their clients. Don''t forget anyone playing for Norwich next season will be seen on TV in every part of the world, so irrespective of what team they are playing for, if they perform it will be noticed by a miriad of managers and coaches and therefore generate interest and ultimately money for their client. Lest anyone forgets this is a business, thats why Rivaldo is going to Bolton, not because he see''s the North West as a better place to live than Brazil.
To give you some idea, I am one of the many foreign based Canaries, at the moment it is 5 o''clock in the morning in the Caribbean, and Man U vs Liverpool is on the telly!! We get 4 Premiership games a DAY here(repeats) at least two live games at weekends and a highlights show 3 times a week!
I think we''ll all be pleasantly surprised when new signings are unveiled, the WILL be one shock signing!