Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Thompson set for Norwich?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Cheap, Linfield, Stockport County and Us.

Thats all you really need to know![:|]

[/quote]

No that''s all you want to know. The rest of us on planet earth prefer a more balanced view based on more than first impressions.

[/quote]

Yeah? like you raved over Jarrett, Thorne, The Stravika bloke, Hughes and Brown you mean!.

[/quote]

I joined the forum three months ago.

[/quote]

True, but you had a column on the Nest!.[:|]

[/quote]

Yes, when it was open around a year ago - which was a bit after Jarrett, Thorne and Hughes.

[quote user="King Beef"]Come on Wiz, I think ANOTHER apology is on the cards Wink [;)][/quote]

See my reply King, I have a long memory, and Marshy Man use to ''big up'' those players on that deceased site that I mentioned.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="King Beef"]Come on Wiz, I think ANOTHER apology is on the cards Wink [;)][/quote]

See my reply King, I have a long memory, and Marshy Man use to ''big up'' those players on that deceased site that I mentioned.[:D]

[/quote]

You have an inaccurate memory. The Nest wasn''t around when we signed Jarrett, Thorne and Andy Hughes - and of Strihavka and Brown, I said Strihavka needed time to settle and Brown would be a useful partner alongside Earnshaw.

[quote user="ob1"]Oh! Suprise!

Wizard doesn''t like the new guy we''re signing...!
[/quote]

Er? have we signed him then ob1? and beaten off the mighty Scunthorpe too? Meanwhile, other clubs are signing the Eastwoods of the world!.

Of course Wiz is right, he''s bound to be eventually - he slates every

player we sign and then when one or more of them are sh*te, he can

claim some kind of foresight.

How about I start calling everyone on here a tw*t? If I say it to

enough people, I''m bound to be right eventually... hmm, now where

should I start.......?[8-)]

[quote user="ob1"]Oh! Suprise!Wizard doesn''t like the new guy we''re signing...! [/quote]

Er? have we signed him then ob1? and beaten off the mighty Scunthorpe too? Meanwhile, other clubs are signing the Eastwoods of the world!.

[/quote]"We''re signing" not "we''ve signed" - and what difference does that make - symantics, schmantics? Bar Cureton, you are never happy with anyone we''re linked with.And it''s Stockport - nice to see you are paying attention!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]True, but you had a column on the Nest!.[:|][/quote]He''s not the only one...Something you want to say Wiz?

There could be a simple explanationas to why this guy has scored so many goals apart from him being the next Georgie Best. Linfield and Co play in a glorifiied pub league. Walking past Sloughbottom at the weekend I watched one bloke score over twenty goals!! Admittedly his 4 year old goalkeeping son was having trouble with lobs but perhaps his dad was just a goal machine and should be offered a long and lucrative professional contract at Carrot Rud immediately?

Wurzel 

And I bet you thought Gary Holt was going to be shit too hey Wiz? Reading have made some really good signings of late from Ireland and if we get our list of players GR wants, then cheaper players like that are worth the gamble.

[quote user="Mangol Wurzel"]

There could be a simple explanationas to why this guy has scored so many goals apart from him being the next Georgie Best. Linfield and Co play in a glorifiied pub league. Walking past Sloughbottom at the weekend I watched one bloke score over twenty goals!! Admittedly his 4 year old goalkeeping son was having trouble with lobs but perhaps his dad was just a goal machine and should be offered a long and lucrative professional contract at Carrot Rud immediately?

Wurzel 

[/quote]

While it is true that the domestic Irish leagues are only League Two/League One standard both have, over the years, produced any number of players who have successfully made the grade on this side of the water - Roy Keane among them.  Scouted from Cobh Ramblers. 

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="1st Wizard"]True, but you had a column on the Nest!.[:|][/quote]
He''s not the only one...

Something you want to say Wiz?
[/quote]

No, but at least I didn''t kiss arses like some did I Bones?

This guy isn''t coming, if you read the report it just guesses that we might be interested as our goal keeping coach worked over there! Its a nothing story...again!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]No, but at least I didn''t kiss arses like some did I Bones?[/quote]Now you''ve totally lost me, perhaps you could clarify your concerns in a pm rather than have a discussion here?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eastwood... Don''t make me laugh!! What the hell did he do for Wolves last season? How many did he score for Southend in this league? You talk crap, Wiz!!!

Lets put this into perspective for you wiz old son.

The guy plays in a medeocre N/Irish league(we all know that)and he would be a cheap gamble. If it doesn''t work out then so be it,if it does as has be proven at other clubs in England then good. He may become the best striker in the championship, he may become the worst but at £150,000 don''t you think it''s worth a punt Wiz? I don''t think he would be signed as our striker solution but as a gamble that may pay off.

Ah look Archant have got hold of the story about Thompson.

Just read the message boards eh?

Between a football club who says nothing and a paper that rehashes message board posts its no wonder we are getting fustrated.

Aren''t Linfield in the same league as Shelbourne?Shelbourne had a certain Wesley Hoolahan on their books 2 years ago.   All is not so bad just because he plays in the Irish league.

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eastwood... Don''t make me laugh!! What the hell did he do for Wolves last season? How many did he score for Southend in this league? You talk crap, Wiz!!!

[/quote]

Before you accuse me of talking crap sunbeam, go check his Southend stats (49 goals before he went to Wolves)...........what a plonker you are.......scrub that........thats totally unfair on plonkers!.

If this bloke was one of a number of signings, including let''s say a couple of strikers around the £1m mark, then I would think it''s a good gamble on a cheap player who may turn out to be a gem. And he still might (that is if we get him).

What worries me though is that the height of our ambition is to now sign £150k players from the Irish league. If this is the best the board can come up with to deflect our attention away from the Cullum stuff then I think it confirms our lack of buying power and the board''s lack of ideas about how to radically improve the squad.

Hang on Wiz,He scored 49 league goals IN TOTAL for Southend whilst in L2, L1 and then CCC, at this level he actually scored 11 league goals for them.1 less than Jamie was criticised for scoring this season...

[quote user="Wizard Slayer"]What a surprise, along comes a decrepid old fool in a pointy hat. People are sick of your negativity you toad, go back to Ipswich where you belong[/quote]

Cue the one post, multiple account poster, who knows bugger all about me!.  I''ve ignored arseholes like you for the last 5 years now.............

And I''ll  carry on doing it.[:D]

[/quote]

See this little exchange really confuses me about the code of conduct on this messageboard. Mr Chops''s thread and others were removed because, although they were not meant to be malicious, they offended some people and didn''t come with a smiley face. So I assume the fact that this little exchange includes a smiley face makes it ok.

Now I''m not complaining about this type of post or joining the "report button cry babies"[:''(] I just really am confused to what is acceptable and what isn''t.

Wizard your comments are pathetic.

Lets just look at his goal record and watch his video on youtube of his goals.

I know its a different league but his ability in front of goal looks excellent. Most players usually comes from a lower league team or team outside England.

Better than Cureton - Probably and younger
Better than Martin - Yes
Better than Noone - Yes
Better than Noone - Yes

In fact we would be very lucky to get him at the price being asked for as if he was playing in England you wont get him for less than £1m. Also I think someone else will buy him, probably Palace.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Hang on Wiz,

He scored 49 league goals IN TOTAL for Southend whilst in L2, L1 and then CCC, at this level he actually scored 11 league goals for them.

1 less than Jamie was criticised for scoring this season...
[/quote]

Thanks Indy, you beat me to it! Oh & Wiz you appear to be the plonker here!!!!!

No guarantee he''ll come good in the Championship but some of those goals on the video look the product of an intelligent striker - he''s in the right place and there''s some clever chips. Given our current predicament and need for a striker - and the fact that the season is starting before Christmas - I''d sign him without hesitation. I guess much will depend on his display this evening.

Come on guys, where''s the Care in the Community spirit gone?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Come on guys, where''s the Care in the Community spirit gone?[/quote]It disappeared when my football went over the fence into Wiz''s garden and I''ve never been able to get it back :)

This is hardly the type of signing Roeder was promising and its sad to see Norwich fans getting excited over somebody who plays at such a low level , the club really have got most of you brainwashed .If Ipswich were after him you would all be laughing at them , nothing other than a desperation signing because he''s cheaper than dirt .