Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Testimonial

i think its meant to be 10 years or something like that,surely one of our pre season games could be in honour of the great man???

and the club shop could release ''greatest iwan moments'',id certainly buy that

He really deserves it. The mans been here through the bad times and now is being let go when the good times kick i, he must be feeling a little hard done by! Most of us new this was realisticaly his last season so why did they not make this year his testomonial year? or do you think he would have got an extention if we didn''t go up?

Personally I think we should arrange a game against 1 of his old clubs, either leicester or wolves and we can wave us we past them on the way to the premier league!

How about another game pre season against Celtic, Tim Shepperd''s testamonial was one of the best I''ve ever seen, th big man deserves a big game!

Celtic would be a fantastic choice and judging by their support for Tim Sheppard''s game it would be a full house. I know that players should do 10 years but if you asked every supporter this Saturday I''m sure they would say forget 10 years give him a testimonial.

Add my name as support for a testimonial for Iwan. Celtic would be good but the alternative would be against an ex-Norwich XI. For instance:

1. Bryan Gunn
2. Danny Mills
3. Matt Jackson
4. Brian McGovern
5. Paul Heckingbottom
6. Neil Emblen
7. Chris Llewellyn
8. Scott Parker
9. Chris Sutton
10. Craig Bellamy
11. Andy Johnson

As much as I like Iwan and I''m sad to see him leave, I think it would be grossly unfair to organise a testimonial in his honour. There have been lots of players who have spent as long as Iwan at the club who did not have a testimonial, we shouldn''t make an exception for Iwan just because he''s a nice bloke.
It''s not as if he''s struggling for money either after being payed around 10k a week.

Good luck to the big man wherever he goes.

Always a pleasure to see Gunny attempt to nut the crossbar but I agree with Jonzey on this.

A testimonial year is organised not only to recognise the player''s contribution to the Club but to provide some element of financial security for the future.

Iwan, I suspect is not in need of financial help, especially with the job offers he must be receiving, so any testimonial would be to acknowledge the respect and love of the fans.

In Iwan''s case the Preston game serves the adulation purpose. If, however the proceeds of any game were to go charity then it would be a worthwhile event.

Having said all of the above the man is a hero and if a testimonial were arranged I would certainly be there.