Sign in to follow this  
Hog

A reply from Mr Cullum

[quote user="Be Smart Wizard"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

Thanks for your support, I must say if I had made it up then I would have made it just a little bit more exciting, Cullum to do hostile takeover etc, Delia dealing behind the scenes etc...

Oh and Citizen Journalist Foghorn, check your email

[/quote]

Sal, did you get my PM as I am not sure how it works

[/quote]

Yes I did thanks. I replied in kind.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

Thanks for your support, I must say if I had made it up then I would have made it just a little bit more exciting, Cullum to do hostile takeover etc, Delia dealing behind the scenes etc...

[/quote]

Can you email it to me using the feature on this forum, please? [:)]

[/quote]

Mr Bump, the contents of the email are on this thread in the first post

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not for me [:(] Not appearing in anyone''s quotes of your post either.. strange

Just a quick reminder - private email correspondence can not be posted on this forum.

In the future, when emailing individuals please ask their permission to post the details of the email online and ask them to include my email address in their reply.

Many thanks.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]I would imagine the ''original'' Towergate email you have contains those phrases anyway. At least it will when you send it.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not for me [:(] Not appearing in anyone''s quotes of your post either.. strange

[/quote]

It''s very short Mr B, only one line.  Salahuddin hasn''t put it in quotes perhaps that''s why you missed it.

It starts "Delia is not for selling . . .

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

Several days ago I wrote an email to Mr Cullum, urging him to keep trying. I recieved a response today. I will change it slighlty so it will hopefully get past Pete''s rigid censorship!

I''m afraid its not much, but it is refreshing that a Billionaire actually replies to emails!

The simple fact is Delia is not for selling.  I remain puzzled by the whole situation.  I’ll remain in the background.

[/quote]

A few words speaks thousands eh Salahuddin?.

[/quote]

Why sell when offered in reality, pennies?

Puzzled? Offer a proper price then.

Will remain in the background. Yeah you watch from a distance while  watching the club you "love" self destruct all because your underhand tactics. 

Good work.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

In my reply I insinuated that if results went badly and with no fresh investment, there would be considerable discontent which may force the issue.

I await his reply.

[/quote]

hello mate.. can u either PM the original reply to me or email it to me using the usual link in this message

jas :)

[quote]The alternative scenario suggested by some of the financial Geeked [8-|] Geeked [8-|] on here, ie. that he wants to buy into a new share issue, sounds much more plausible.[/quote]

Thats what I''ve been saying. Can''t believe the number of fools who think Cullum wanted her shares for nothing. What a ridiculous suggestion. Who in their right mind would believe they could convince someone to hand over something like that for free.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Yeah go on then Sal, me too, why not.... [:)]
[/quote]

Will do, but I must warn you that it isn''t very exciting

[quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

FB whatever the bar folk may think, in my view "give me your shares for nothing" is a ludicrous, laughable scenario.  So ridiculous that you can rest assured the board would have given it full publicity and made PC look an absolute idiot.

The alternative scenario suggested by some of the financial [8-|] [8-|] on here, ie. that he wants to buy into a new share issue, sounds much more plausible. 

At the end of the day nobody really knows.  There may be other scenarios that we haven''t even thought of.  But "give me your shares for nothing" is embarrassing, frankly. [:$]

[/quote]I should make myself clearer, without wishing to claim omniscience, the ''bar folk'' you refer to are considerably closer to at least one side of this ''offer''.I wasn''t given quotes, but it was very strongly suggested that Mr Cullum wanted Ms Smith''s & Mr Wynn-Jones''s shares, not a new issue of shares, for the grand price of £0 (that''s zilch, nada, nothing). I was also made aware of the clever approach of Mr Cullum - all his quotes to the newspaper, the whole first week to ten days of ''negotiation'' - this was all the club knew. He never contacted the club, just drip fed ''news'' of his exciting ''offer'' to the press and then acted surprised that the Board hadn''t replied to him. An official approach to speak to the Board - a simple, courteous phone call, letter, or email - would have been instantly replied to. Mr Cullum''s preferred tactic was to stir up a media storm and then sit back to see how awkward he''d made life, presumably hoping that the Board would feel rail-roaded into an accomodation.I agree with you that "give me your shares for nothing" is embarrassing, frankly. [:$], but that is, with due respect to the financial types (who''s suggestion had great merit and was what I previously hoped was the case), precisely what Mr. Cullum appeared to be trying to force.I repeat my question from earlier in the thread - would any of us have accepted it, if we had invested c£7 million? We, none of us, looked for a return when we put our money into the club - but we didn''t expect our shares to be taken off us for no compensation either, did we?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote]The alternative scenario suggested by some of the financial Geeked [8-|]Geeked [8-|] on here, ie. that he wants to buy into a new share issue, sounds much more plausible.[/quote]

Thats what I''ve been saying. Can''t believe the number of fools who think Cullum wanted her shares for nothing. What a ridiculous suggestion. Who in their right mind would believe they could convince someone to hand over something like that for free.

[/quote]Well, count me a fool then. Until one side, or the other, goes public with what Peter Cullum expected from the deal I''ll just have to live with it! [:|]

Sorry NN - at least you haven''t morphed into Nutty Wizard, or Nutty Pineapple!I should put some more braces on that fence - I have a feeling a lot more wind is going to be blown over this, before it''s safe to choose which side you''re climbing down on. [:(]

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

FB whatever the bar folk may think, in my view "give me your shares for nothing" is a ludicrous, laughable scenario.  So ridiculous that you can rest assured the board would have given it full publicity and made PC look an absolute idiot.

The alternative scenario suggested by some of the financial [8-|] [8-|] on here, ie. that he wants to buy into a new share issue, sounds much more plausible. 

At the end of the day nobody really knows.  There may be other scenarios that we haven''t even thought of.  But "give me your shares for nothing" is embarrassing, frankly. [:$]

[/quote]

I should make myself clearer, without wishing to claim omniscience, the ''bar folk'' you refer to are considerably closer to at least one side of this ''offer''.

I wasn''t given quotes, but it was very strongly suggested that Mr Cullum wanted Ms Smith''s & Mr Wynn-Jones''s shares, not a new issue of shares, for the grand price of £0 (that''s zilch, nada, nothing). I was also made aware of the clever approach of Mr Cullum - all his quotes to the newspaper, the whole first week to ten days of ''negotiation'' - this was all the club knew. He never contacted the club, just drip fed ''news'' of his exciting ''offer'' to the press and then acted surprised that the Board hadn''t replied to him. An official approach to speak to the Board - a simple, courteous phone call, letter, or email - would have been instantly replied to. Mr Cullum''s preferred tactic was to stir up a media storm and then sit back to see how awkward he''d made life, presumably hoping that the Board would feel rail-roaded into an accomodation.

I agree with you that "give me your shares for nothing" is embarrassing, frankly. [:$], but that is, with due respect to the financial types (who''s suggestion had great merit and was what I previously hoped was the case), precisely what Mr. Cullum appeared to be trying to force.

I repeat my question from earlier in the thread - would any of us have accepted it, if we had invested c£7 million? We, none of us, looked for a return when we put our money into the club - but we didn''t expect our shares to be taken off us for no compensation either, did we?
[/quote]

the whole argument though FB, is that Cullum only offered EXACTLY what Delia asked for last year.. no money for her shares and investment in the playing side.... so why did she turn it down?

jas :)

jas - her complete quote mentions not selling to someone who just wanted to buy her shares. I admit there is plenty of room to misinterpret what was said, but I read it that an investor would need money to buy her shares and still have more to put into the team.I guess you have to choose which interpretation is most likely...

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]I think that as the two sides (pro Callum, pro Delia) are so polarised and entrenched in their views, then each side can read what it wants into it;

It is worded to have that divisive effect, Callum knows it, fits in with his EDP campaign, and I suspect also  the originator of the thread knew it too !

Divide and defeat again eh ?[/quote]I think we actually have three viewpoints on this Jim, those that support Delia through thick and thin, those that hate everything that this board does and those (the large majority) who would dearly love to see Cullums money invested in the club but who also want to see a fair and reasonable changeover.

Supporters in the first group tend not to say too much and tend to spend more time at Carrow Rd than on here.

Supporters of the second group tend to be the most vociferous and tend to see only headline figures and respond accordingly.

Supporters of the third group tend to be lumped together with the first group and are then mocked as being board luvvies, Deliarites, apologists, sheep, etc. by the second group.

The thing that most seem to overlook is that we are ALL Norwich City supporters, we just see things differently. As Jim said, Cullums actions have driven a wedge between us but I think we should all try to see things from both points of view In my opinion (for what it''s worth) there are serious questions to be asked from both sides and I agree with those of you who are calling for more information from BOTH camps. 

Bravo, we should all go and hug Smudger and Wiz!

Seriously though you are quite right, and this is certainly not the time for in-fighting when we have a miserably small (and untalented) squad!

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]

I should make myself clearer, without wishing to claim omniscience, the ''bar folk'' you refer to are considerably closer to at least one side of this ''offer''.

[/quote]

Now which side could that possibly be, FB? [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]I think that as the two sides (pro Callum, pro Delia) are so polarised and entrenched in their views, then each side can read what it wants into it;

It is worded to have that divisive effect, Callum knows it, fits in with his EDP campaign, and I suspect also  the originator of the thread knew it too !

Divide and defeat again eh ?[/quote]I think we actually have three viewpoints on this Jim, those that support Delia through thick and thin, those that hate everything that this board does and those (the large majority) who would dearly love to see Cullums money invested in the club but who also want to see a fair and reasonable changeover.

Supporters in the first group tend not to say too much and tend to spend more time at Carrow Rd than on here.

Supporters of the second group tend to be the most vociferous and tend to see only headline figures and respond accordingly.

Supporters of the third group tend to be lumped together with the first group and are then mocked as being board luvvies, Deliarites, apologists, sheep, etc. by the second group.

The thing that most seem to overlook is that we are ALL Norwich City supporters, we just see things differently. As Jim said, Cullums actions have driven a wedge between us but I think we should all try to see things from both points of view In my opinion (for what it''s worth) there are serious questions to be asked from both sides and I agree with those of you who are calling for more information from BOTH camps. [/quote]

I agree with what you say Lappin,

The problem really is that those who dislike the Delia regime will find any stick to beat her with.

I too do not like a lot of the things that have happened during her regime :- i:e Holding on to Worthy too long, Hiring PG and now Roeder. Losing Malky, Hucks etc etc. So I am not totally an admirer neither am I all against.

But I like to think that I am an open minded person and judge each incident/happening in isolation and on it''s merits.

In this instance I do not think she is in the wrong , the way Cullum approached this episode sways me in her favour, but as you say until we know all of the facts we can only go on the way we see it as individuals.

I may be being naive but I feel she will be vindicated in time.

What we shouldn''t do is hack each other to pieces and bend situations to suit personal vendetas !

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]

I think we should give the ''emails from Peter'' the same amount of value as the transfer speculators on here

[/quote]

Meaning? Are you saying in a round about way someone is telling porkie pies?

[/quote]

How anyone could doubt the validity of this thread is quite beyond my comprehension...............................................................................oh by the way ,there''s a press conference at Colney tomorrow 10 o''clock [6]

I don''t appreciate being called a teller of porkies! I have never done so yet in over 2000 posts, so why should I start now?

[quote user="CID"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]

I think we should give the ''emails from Peter'' the same amount of value as the transfer speculators on here

[/quote]

[/quote]

How anyone could doubt the validity of this thread is quite beyond my comprehension...............................................................................oh by the way ,there''s a press conference at Colney tomorrow 10 o''clock [6]

[/quote]

Username is CID?Is that a cryptic clue saying that Cullum Is Delia?AHHH!  I have broken all the codes!  I''ve seen through your cloak of deception and now must reveal this to the world!Or are you called Cyd, but spell it wrong?

[quote user="CID"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I checked the emails headers and it includes

<8109803BF822044C959F5CBCF71C65C03A053F@S-TPL-EXC01.towergate.local>

and I checked the privacy statement and it matches entirely to Towergate''s standard email privacy statement.

Doesn''t mean Saluhuddin didnt change the wording however, but he definatley received an email this morning from Towergate.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I don''t appreciate being called a teller of porkies! I have never done so yet in over 2000 posts, so why should I start now?[/quote]

Some people don''t want it to be true, that''s the problem.  A drowning man clutching at straws isn''t going to give two hoots about your integrity.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="CID"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I checked the emails headers and it includes

<8109803BF822044C959F5CBCF71C65C03A053F@S-TPL-EXC01.towergate.local>

and I checked the privacy statement and it matches entirely to Towergate''s standard email privacy statement.

Doesn''t mean Saluhuddin didnt change the wording however, but he definatley received an email this morning from Towergate.

[/quote]

Everyone who doubts Saluhuddin is so wrong it is not the first time Delia has refused to sell and will not be the last and I am not talking about the likes of Colin Davey either. When will you lot get it in to your heads she does not and will not sell to anyone. I have seen in black and white what could have been a good deal for the club and she kicked it in to touch, FACT!