Sign in to follow this  
King Beef

Official Gorleston Match Thread

[quote user="Bigus"]

Ok..

1: We have Betrand, Drury, Hoolahoop and Pattison. So we hardly need him. Is he better than those 4?

2: Set pieces are all well and good, but if you never cross the half way line and cannot pass then you are being carried. Maybe I am wrong but whenever I have seen him he gives the ball away cheaply and does not take advantage of the space he has in front of him.  He is a very very average player who has a free kick.

-Bigus.

[/quote]

Are you having a Laugh ???? anyone is better than patterson......................you obviously have never been to a game

I suppose it all depends on what you want from the different people. If

you want someone to kick the ball in the general direction of another

player, go for Lappin.If you want to randomly clatter an opposition (or friendly) player, go for Pattison..... Or the Doc.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Great result in a tricky away match... Gorleston''s always a hard place to go on a Wednesday evening [;)][/quote]

yeah these small grounds can be quite intimidating!

A report is already on Rick Waghorn''s sitehttp://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3725

I cant get the waghorn thing to open!

Anything interesting on there?

Whos the trialist keeper?

[quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

Glad it''s not just my computer, and yeah, who is the ''keeper?!

[quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

ditto!

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="Bigus"]Will no one take Lappin? No one at all![/quote]

In my view, Lappin is a decent player. rather harshly judged by Roeder on the basis of 3 games at left back which is not his preferred position. He can certainly do a job on the left of midfield. He has great delivery from set pieces and he has scored 3 of the best goals by a Norwich player in the last few years - one of them against Luton was possibly one of the most important goals in our recent history.

I think we would be daft to let him go. Plus I quite like the fact that he wants to stay here and fight for his place - I think this is the kind of attitude that we desperately need at the club and one that I hope impresses Roeder.

[/quote]

i thought he had only scored 2 for us :S

i actually quite like lappin mainly because his goal against Cardiff remains the only Norwich goal i have seen at Carrow road... wish i could go more... but yeah.

Lappin > Ronaldinhio
[/quote]

No definitely 3 goals - Luton, Barnet & Cardiff.

I jut don''t think we have the squad to be disposing of someone like Lappin who provides decent cover in 3 positions (LB, LM & CM).

Just got back.Two 11''s played.  One each half.  No subs during the game.  No Fotheringham or Drury but most others got 45 each.  A lot of kids played, filling the numbers.Not a lot struck me other than:1.  We are SO short at the back and up front it is truly scary2. Chris Martin, looks lean and scored a lovely goal with good movement, just maybehe can be the player we all believe he can this season3.  Hoolahan - very quick, great dribbling and obviosuly likes to link up play and play through balls - he will be VERY influential this season.

[quote user="cityangel"]Anyone know what the team was please?[/quote]

Norwich City: Marshall (Rudd), Smith (Otsemobor), Doherty

(Shackell), Spillane, Lappin (Habergham), Pattison (Dawkin), Adeyemi

(Clingan), Lathrope (Russell), Chadwick (Hoolahan), Martin (Kelly),

Daley (Richardson).Off of the official website!

That said the goalie is wrong because the trialist guy was playing wasn''t he? Oh I''m confused!

Also, if anyone else went, can they confirm if Roeder was there?  I did not see him at all which could be because I just did not notice or perhaps he was elsewhere....?

[quote user="rudenotto69"]
It said Hollihan got a knock and had to go off  hopefully its nothing serious
[/quote]

yeah, that worried me, and it also said cureton and drury werent playing because of knocks.

just cautionary measures i hope.

So all that are missing from that awfully short looking 22 are Bertrand, Drury, Cureton and Croft, ooh and Eagle...and Renton!

Who stood out from the youngsters?

[quote user="JC"]Also, if anyone else went, can they confirm if Roeder was there?  I did not see him at all which could be because I just did not notice or perhaps he was elsewhere....?
[/quote]

Roeder was there in a tracksuit .

Well...Some oldboy shouted out..."How long til first goal then?"

Gorleston goalkeeper said..."20 mins"

He didn’t last 20 secs.

1st goal…Kick off...Lathrope dummy going back and then bombed forward

with ball...knocked inside to Chadwick....cut back to

Lathrope...shot...deflection goal....All within 7 seconds.

Highlights..

Hoolahan looked...well, incredible. He got a pen, set up next goal with a beauty of a  pass and his goal

was amazing. All within 40 mins. His goal - Took a player on…came inside…quick one

two…one on one with keeper and did a cheeky roll back and walked it to

the line. Amazing.

He came off to the biggest clap all night. GOD knows how we got him. Must have some wages.

Hucks replacement? Nothing like Hucks pace…but good at getting back and

comes inside more. Better final ball than Hucks too. The best player on

show tonight. BY FAR.

Lappin was awful.. Got to go. HE was at fault for their goal…Their winger, scored their goal, with a headband like Will Ferrell tore

him apart.

1st half no-one really shone. Martin looked his usual snobby up nosed

self. Scored a good goal tho.Compared to last time…Chris Martin is

built like brick poo house.

LOADS of new coaches I don’t recognize. Including some big fat guy – new Dave Carolan but tall and fat.

Any questions?!

Apparently Hoolahoop played well, scored and set one up [:)]

the trialists name was stuart someone.....

i know the oppo was poor but....Hoolahan looked the best player on the park in his 35 min cameo! always wants the ball, drifts in field, technically very gd and doesnt waste passes. He will get bums off seats, even in the city stand!

Others that did well were Martin, Lathorpe (great passer and holds well) Daley and Spillane. Seein g Semmy that close was a shock! the guy is huge and is so strong!

Huckerwho?? hahaha