Sign in to follow this  
King Beef

Official Gorleston Match Thread

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"]Nope... All I know is that Martin and Pattison are playing.
[/quote]

Well to be fair if it''s only Martin and Pattison playing they are going to let the odd goal in.... rush goalie anyone?!!! [;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"]Nope... All I know is that Martin and Pattison are playing.
[/quote]

...and someone called OG. 

Perhaps he''s one of the triallists? 

I''ll get my coat....

[quote user="SnakepitTopWizard"]Encouraging that Martin has scored 2 though.[/quote]true, but look at the 4 he scored vs lowerstoft last year. He needs to up his game against better opposition probs, much like Lupoli in a way

[quote user="Bigus"]Will no one take Lappin? No one at all![/quote]

really - what i''ve seen of lappin he''s deffinataly been championship standard. i know he''s a bit lightweight but he has decent delivary and dead ball skills. i think he will be a bit player but still a decent bit player

nothing else on Gorleston website though!

5 guests searching it including me!

why is everything so hush hush!

or is it me getting paranoic?

[quote user="CanaryKid2k8"]

7-1

just recieved a text from someone thats at the game.

[/quote]

Great, could you please ask him/her who the scorers were?

Cheers.

In my view, Lappin is a decent player. rather harshly judged by Roeder on the basis of 3 games at left back which is not his preferred position. He can certainly do a job on the left of midfield. He has great delivery from set pieces and he has scored 3 of the best goals by a Norwich player in the last few years - one of them against Luton was possibly one of the most important goals in our recent history.

I think we would be daft to let him go. Plus I quite like the fact that he wants to stay here and fight for his place - I think this is the kind of attitude that we desperately need at the club and one that I hope impresses Roeder.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

In my view, Lappin is a decent player. rather harshly judged by Roeder on the basis of 3 games at left back which is not his preferred position. He can certainly do a job on the left of midfield. He has great delivery from set pieces and he has scored 3 of the best goals by a Norwich player in the last few years - one of them against Luton was possibly one of the most important goals in our recent history.

I think we would be daft to let him go. Plus I quite like the fact that he wants to stay here and fight for his place - I think this is the kind of attitude that we desperately need at the club and one that I hope impresses Roeder.

[/quote]i thought he had only scored 2 for us :Si actually quite like lappin mainly because his goal against Cardiff remains the only Norwich goal i have seen at Carrow road... wish i could go more... but yeah.Lappin > Ronaldinhio

Ok..

1: We have Betrand, Drury, Hoolahoop and Pattison. So we hardly need him. Is he better than those 4?

2: Set pieces are all well and good, but if you never cross the half way line and cannot pass then you are being carried. Maybe I am wrong but whenever I have seen him he gives the ball away cheaply and does not take advantage of the space he has in front of him.  He is a very very average player who has a free kick.

-Bigus.

[quote user="Bigus"]

Ok..

1: We have Betrand, Drury, Hoolahoop and Pattison. So we hardly need him. Is he better than those 4?

2: Set pieces are all well and good, but if you never cross the half way line and cannot pass then you are being carried. Maybe I am wrong but whenever I have seen him he gives the ball away cheaply and does not take advantage of the space he has in front of him.  He is a very very average player who has a free kick.

-Bigus.

[/quote]

bertrand is a loan

drury is defensive

i agree hoolihan is better but surley we need compatition and cover

and finaly yes he is average but so is the rest of the team

In his time here he has played both positions. Loan? What''s the difference? he is better than Lappin by a country mile.

its now 8-1

russell got the 7th set up by hoolahoop, then hoolahoop got the 8th.

is he the new special one??

not sure if JC is playing, but he may have got the 6th as i dnt think we know how scored that one

[quote user="4-4-2"]

its now 8-1

russell got the 7th set up by hoolahoop, then hoolahoop got the 8th.

is he the new special one??

[/quote]

I think it''s a bit early for that and you will have to wait and see.  But, as previously posted, if Mr Roeder gives him the freedom to roam that he had at Blackpool he causes chaos for defences and is very difficult to mark.  He''s NOT a Hucks hence the Tangerine fans accolade:

"They seek him here, they seek him there

"But Wes is ******* everywhere."

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"]It looks on WOTB like he hasn''t been playing. I was under the impression that the 2 strikers were Martin and Daley.
[/quote]

fair play to the pair of them if it is just them up front.

daley scored vs clyde too,i believe?!?

[quote user="nu_matik"]

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"]It looks on WOTB like he hasn''t been playing. I was under the impression that the 2 strikers were Martin and Daley.[/quote]

fair play to the pair of them if it is just them up front.

daley scored vs clyde too,i believe?!?

[/quote]That''s what people seem to have gathered from Pandora''s Box.