Sign in to follow this  
King Beef

Official Gorleston Match Thread

i have a question for you.can you inform wether or not the old boy who sits next to me at carra was in attendance.

he shouts "get orrrn um ciiiiiddy" evry two minutes.

Final score?

Team selection?

Their goalkeeper didnt last 20 seconds? Was it his first ''match''?

Fish and Chips?

Why am i here?

Will i get promoted at work? or just a pay rise?

You should sit where I do, he looks that big every home game![quote user="can u sit down please"]

the trialists name was stuart someone.....

i know the oppo was poor but....Hoolahan looked the best player on the park in his 35 min cameo! always wants the ball, drifts in field, technically very gd and doesnt waste passes. He will get bums off seats, even in the city stand!

Others that did well were Martin, Lathorpe (great passer and holds well) Daley and Spillane. Seein g Semmy that close was a shock! the guy is huge and is so strong!

Huckerwho?? hahaha

[/quote]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="Bigus"]Will no one take Lappin? No one at all![/quote]

In my view, Lappin is a decent player. rather harshly judged by Roeder on the basis of 3 games at left back which is not his preferred position. He can certainly do a job on the left of midfield. He has great delivery from set pieces and he has scored 3 of the best goals by a Norwich player in the last few years - one of them against Luton was possibly one of the most important goals in our recent history.

I think we would be daft to let him go. Plus I quite like the fact that he wants to stay here and fight for his place - I think this is the kind of attitude that we desperately need at the club and one that I hope impresses Roeder.

[/quote]

i thought he had only scored 2 for us :S

i actually quite like lappin mainly because his goal against Cardiff remains the only Norwich goal i have seen at Carrow road... wish i could go more... but yeah.

Lappin > Ronaldinhio
[/quote]

No definitely 3 goals - Luton, Barnet & Cardiff.

I jut don''t think we have the squad to be disposing of someone like Lappin who provides decent cover in 3 positions (LB, LM & CM).

[/quote]

Stevie/Polar - I agree with you both 100%. Lappin may be an "average" Championship player but he is well above the "average" player of the Norwich team of late and I always enjoyed watching his style of play. I thought his passing generally was good and apart from his last few games, he didn''t give the ball away cheaply and was always a tidy little player. Yes he''s going to have to fight for a place on the left midfield, but against less physical teams I''d give him a run out - and we usually get plenty of injuries in training so why not keep him on the books for cover?. Roeder misjudged him IMO - will be interesting to see if he''s big enough to admit it.

Norwich City: Marshall (Rudd), Smith (Otsemobor), Doherty (Shackell), Spillane, Lappin (Habergham), Pattison (Dawkin), Adeyemi (Clingan), Lathrope (Russell), Chadwick (Hoolahan), Martin (Kelly), Daley (Richardson).

Official report here:

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1345604,00.html

CUSDP

Dont take the mick out of the city stand!!!!!

So, this ex lincoln keeper we had on trial called Stuart is a big coup, as we seem to be keeping it quiet as Declan Rudd and Marsahll are listed as tonights keepers by the official site..

...the excitement is too much!

8-1Look on official. Google it.Dunno. Doubt it.That isn''t a questionI wish you weren''tYou don''t work remember. You fail to have the capabilities.

TWO goals in the first four minutes saw City on their way to their first win of the pre-season at Emerald Park. The Canaries squad were without the experience of Jamie Cureton and Adam Drury, as well as newly signed pro Kris Renton due to minor knocks each had picked up during pre-season training.

City began the game in the perfect way, when an own goal stumbled in from Gorleston''s Gary Todd in the 1st minute, giving the visitors the lead.City striker Chris Martin doubled the score in the 4th minute, with a shot cut in from the left in to the top corner.

Norwich continued forward but were caught on the break, with a goal from Gorleston''s Nathan Thompson, who slid the ball past Marshall in the 14th minute.

The Canaries looked to respond straight away with Tom Adeyemi''s header, which was saved close to the post in the16th minute. Gorleston made a few attempts to move forward but City continued to dominate midfield with Matty Pattison linking with Luke Daley, which resulted in a save from Gorleston''s ''keeper Tom Marsden.

In the 32nd minute, Matty Pattison pushed forward and put a curling shot into the left hand side of the post, increasing the Canaries'' lead.

City pressed on, maintaining the pressure on Gorleston''s defence and ''keeper and in the 38th minute, a shot by Pattison was swiftly forced in by Daley.

Maintaining the strain on the home team, a cross from Lapin found Adeyemi, who''s shot was saved by Gorleston''s goalkeeper.

With City continuing their momentum, Chris Martin scored his second of his first time goals just before half-time.

HALF TIME: Gorleston 1, Norwich City 5

A completely fresh team saw the second half begin, with only Michael Spillane remaining from the starting line-up. New signings Sammy Clingan and Wes Hoolahan also made their debuts in midfield.

City continued as they had left off in the first half of the game, continuing to pressurise Gorleston''s defence. Four minutes into the second half, City''s Manny Richardson swept the ball into the Gorleston goal with a penalty shot after Hoolahan was brought down  in the area.

City maintained control, with Darel Russell adding to the Canaries lead in the 52nd minute, tapping the ball in after strong passes from Josh Dawkin and Wes Hoolahan.

The 76th minute saw Hoolahan fire the ball into the host''s goal after a one-two with Mannny Richardson, tiptoeing round the ''keeper to score his first goal for Norwich. In the 86th minute the former Blackpool player was replaced by Adeyemi, after looking to be carrying a knock.

Canaries continued to dominate for the remaining five minutes until the final whistle was blown.

Final score: Gorleston 1, Norwich City 8

Norwich City: Marshall (Rudd), Smith (Otsemobor), Doherty (Shackell), Spillane, Lappin (Habergham), Pattison (Dawkin), Adeyemi (Clingan), Lathrope (Russell), Chadwick (Hoolahan), Martin (Kelly), Daley (Richardson).

[quote user="Huddy "]

CUSDP

Dont take the mick out of the city stand!!!!!

So, this ex lincoln keeper we had on trial called Stuart is a big coup, as we seem to be keeping it quiet as Declan Rudd and Marsahll are listed as tonights keepers by the official site..

...the excitement is too much!

[/quote]

Sorry Huddy! I have been warned! The Stuart guy looked ok. Didnt have much to do but in the warm up his handling was very good. Not sure if his name was something like Stuart Heard??

[quote user="Songwriter"]8-1Look on official. Google it.Dunno. Doubt it.That isn''t a questionI wish you weren''tYou don''t work remember. You fail to have the capabilities. [/quote]

owned

[quote user="filthyrich"]

TWO goals in the first four minutes saw City on their way to their first win of the pre-season at Emerald Park. The Canaries squad were without the experience of Jamie Cureton and Adam Drury, as well as newly signed pro Kris Renton due to minor knocks each had picked up during pre-season training.

City began the game in the perfect way, when an own goal stumbled in from Gorleston''s Gary Todd in the 1st minute, giving the visitors the lead.City striker Chris Martin doubled the score in the 4th minute, with a shot cut in from the left in to the top corner.

Norwich continued forward but were caught on the break, with a goal from Gorleston''s Nathan Thompson, who slid the ball past Marshall in the 14th minute.

The Canaries looked to respond straight away with Tom Adeyemi''s header, which was saved close to the post in the16th minute. Gorleston made a few attempts to move forward but City continued to dominate midfield with Matty Pattison linking with Luke Daley, which resulted in a save from Gorleston''s ''keeper Tom Marsden.

In the 32nd minute, Matty Pattison pushed forward and put a curling shot into the left hand side of the post, increasing the Canaries'' lead.

City pressed on, maintaining the pressure on Gorleston''s defence and ''keeper and in the 38th minute, a shot by Pattison was swiftly forced in by Daley.

Maintaining the strain on the home team, a cross from Lapin found Adeyemi, who''s shot was saved by Gorleston''s goalkeeper.

With City continuing their momentum, Chris Martin scored his second of his first time goals just before half-time.

A completely fresh team saw the second half begin, with only Michael Spillane remaining from the starting line-up. New signings Sammy Clingan and Wes Hoolahan also made their debuts in midfield.

City continued as they had left off in the first half of the game, continuing to pressurise Gorleston''s defence. Four minutes into the second half, City''s Manny Richardson swept the ball into the Gorleston goal with a penalty shot after Hoolahan was brought down  in the area.

City maintained control, with Darel Russell adding to the Canaries lead in the 52nd minute, tapping the ball in after strong passes from Josh Dawkin and Wes Hoolahan.

The 76th minute saw Hoolahan fire the ball into the host''s goal after a one-two with Mannny Richardson, tiptoeing round the ''keeper to score his first goal for Norwich. In the 86th minute the former Blackpool player was replaced by Adeyemi, after looking to be carrying a knock.

Canaries continued to dominate for the remaining five minutes until the final whistle was blown.

[/quote]

even though i just read all of that, can i keep asking what the score is and who played and how the match went please?

[quote user="filthyrich"]

[/quote]

even though i just read all of that, can i keep asking what the score is and who played and how the match went please?

[quote user="Songwriter"]Well...Some oldboy shouted out..."How long til first goal then?"

Gorleston goalkeeper said..."20 mins"

He didn’t last 20 secs.

1st goal…Kick off...Lathrope dummy going back and then bombed forward

with ball...knocked inside to Chadwick....cut back to

Lathrope...shot...deflection goal....All within 7 seconds.

Highlights..

Hoolahan looked...well, incredible. He got a pen, set up next goal with a beauty of a  pass and his goal

was amazing. All within 40 mins. His goal - Took a player on…came inside…quick one

two…one on one with keeper and did a cheeky roll back and walked it to

the line. Amazing.

He came off to the biggest clap all night. GOD knows how we got him. Must have some wages.

Hucks replacement? Nothing like Hucks pace…but good at getting back and

comes inside more. Better final ball than Hucks too. The best player on

show tonight. BY FAR.

Lappin was awful.. Got to go. HE was at fault for their goal…Their winger, scored their goal, with a headband like Will Ferrell tore

him apart.

1st half no-one really shone. Martin looked his usual snobby up nosed

self. Scored a good goal tho.Compared to last time…Chris Martin is

built like brick poo house.

LOADS of new coaches I don’t recognize. Including some big fat guy – new Dave Carolan but tall and fat.

Any questions?![/quote]Cheers for the report mate. Nice one [Y]

Here is my ratings:

FIRST HALF

Marshall - 6 - Nothing to do, no chance for goal
Smith (looked like someone else though) - 6 Looked solid
Doherty - 6 - Not too great, gave the ball away a couple times.
Spillane - 6 - Did well, but needs to mark closer.
Lappin - 2 - awful, made errors and was at fault for their goal, marking was terrible
Chadwick - 7 - lively going forward
Lathrope - 7 good passer, only Fozzy is better at passing, needs to be stronger though
Pattison - 6 - Got stuck in, did ok
Adeyemi - 5 Not good today, but certainly capable of more from what I have seen in youth games.
Martin - 7 - Looked like he has lost a bit of weight, great finish for his first goal.
Daley - 6 - Reminds me of Nielsen, but has great pace which is always a threat and did well today, but was not too good when ive seen him in the youth team.

SECOND HALF

Trialist - 6 - Nothing to do
Otsemobor - 8 Had a good game, looks like he has added a bit of muscle.
Spillane - 6 - See above
Shackell - 6 - Nothing much to defend against.
Habergham - 7 - A solid game, looked comfortable.
Dawkin - 9 - Excellent game, took players on with ease and has good pace, the academy is looking up
Russell - 6 - Wasnt involved too much, but his usual self.
Clingan - 6 - Gave the ball away a few times, but also got stuck in
Hoolahan - 10 - Was awesome, did nothing wrong all game and was involved in all things good in attack and scored a great goal.

Sorry,  Pattison did not look good, even against Gorleston, he is not a first team Championship player.[quote user="can u sit down please"]Oh forgot to add Matty Patty looked good too and i think the young lad on the wing(right) 2nd half was Dawkin who was a bag of tricks. very lively and impressive.[/quote]

Forgot the two young striker.

Danny Kelly - 5 - Good build up play, but needs to add more to his game
Manny Richardson - 6 Looks lively and quick, scored good pen.

[quote user="JC"]Sorry,  Pattison did not look good, even against Gorleston, he is not a first team Championship player.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Oh forgot to add Matty Patty looked good too and i think the young lad on the wing(right) 2nd half was Dawkin who was a bag of tricks. very lively and impressive.[/quote][/quote]

Took his goal well, won tackles, kept it simple and talked well (esp to Lathorpe). For me he played to his strengths. No extreme passes. I would say 7/10. He will be a gd squad player, which to us this yr will be important.

GIVE DAWKIN A GO!!

HiYes a squad player, I was just questioning the ''good'' statement as to be fair our worst youth player looked good out there tonight.  Hoolahan looked ''good'' Pattison compared to that benchmark really did not.[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="JC"]Sorry,  Pattison did not look good, even against Gorleston, he is not a first team Championship player.[quote user="can u sit down please"]Oh forgot to add Matty Patty looked good too and i think the young lad on the wing(right) 2nd half was Dawkin who was a bag of tricks. very lively and impressive.[/quote][/quote]

Took his goal well, won tackles, kept it simple and talked well (esp to Lathorpe). For me he played to his strengths. No extreme passes. I would say 7/10. He will be a gd squad player, which to us this yr will be important.

GIVE DAWKIN A GO!!

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Hi

Yes a squad player, I was just questioning the ''good'' statement as to be fair our worst youth player looked good out there tonight.  Hoolahan looked ''good'' Pattison compared to that benchmark really did not.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="JC"]Sorry,  Pattison did not look good, even against Gorleston, he is not a first team Championship player.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Oh forgot to add Matty Patty looked good too and i think the young lad on the wing(right) 2nd half was Dawkin who was a bag of tricks. very lively and impressive.[/quote][/quote]

GIVE DAWKIN A GO!!

[/quote][/quote]

Hoolahan looked bloody good.Patty looked good. Steady i''d say. He just played the way he should play. Get it and give it. A way in which many people want him to play as he clearly doesnt possess the ilk to split defences or beat men.

[quote user="Songwriter"]8-1

Look on official. Google it.

Dunno. Doubt it.

That isn''t a question

I wish you weren''t

You don''t work remember. You fail to have the capabilities.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Fish & Chips was actually a question btw.

You''ve also left a few people on here paranoid by the looks of it. So well done.

I thought Martin looked a lot fitter, also Gunny looked like he''d lost a lot of weight, unlike the new fitness coach, who looked like a barrage balloon.

Mumby and Doncaster were there. Doncaster, with a young blonde girl, young enough to be his daughter, but they were very lovey dovey.

That young kid, Abeyong (sp) has been busy this week, playing against Clyde, then for the youth team, and tonight played first half, and then when Hoolahoop came off, he came back on for more.

With all the youngsters out there, it would have been helpful if they''ed had their names on their shirts.  

[quote user="djc"]

[quote user="Songwriter"]8-1

Look on official. Google it.

Dunno. Doubt it.

That isn''t a question

I wish you weren''t

You don''t work remember. You fail to have the capabilities.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Fish & Chips was actually a question btw.

You''ve also left a few people on here paranoid by the looks of it. So well done.

[/quote]

Ooh was it?  Ok.  Yes  then.  Fish AND Chips.

Paraniod you say? To be honest, it doesnt take much does it.

High Five?