Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

wolves END intrest in shackell

That is actually good news, I know £1m is a lot of money to turn down for an average player BUT... We seem to be finding it difficuilt to tempt good players here, so who''s to say we would have got an adequate replacement?

Now I''m suprised Roeder didn''t let him go....Shackell doesn''t get on with the Gaffer - and it has been said that he has the weakest mentality of all the players.

I would have let him go....don''t really think he''s worth the mill offered for him...

Well that''s the thing - we have no-one to replace him. Keeping a player for no other reason than having no-one else is poor.

I would have liked to have seen Pearce don a City shirt again this season. He''s got a lot to learn but he''s 5 or 6 years younger than Shack and Doc and had better games than those two.

Benefit of hindsight and all that, but we could have paid a million for Taylor, recouped it all on Shackell. Who would you rather have, Taylor or Shackell?

True, but more than likely he will get his chance at Reading now they are in the Championship. We need more competition everywhere apart from Midfield, and maybe at left back.

We are all waiting with baited breath, but the club are just not delivering at the moment.

" In other news Wolverhampton Wanderers have ended their interest in Norwich City''s defender Jason Shackell after manager Mick McCarthy actually watch a video of the defender playing."

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]" In other news Wolverhampton Wanderers have ended their interest in Norwich City''s defender Jason Shackell after manager Mick McCarthy actually watch a video of the defender playing."
[/quote]

LMAO Classic [:D]

He is, however, lining up a bid for utility man Gary Doherty, who he see''s as an ideal replacement for Coventry bound Freddie Eastwood.

straight from another City players mouth "Shacks is desperate to leave"..............interesting, I don''t think he sees eye to eye with Roeder.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]straight from another City players mouth "Shacks is desperate to leave"..............interesting, I don''t think he sees eye to eye with Roeder.
[/quote]

he doesn''t see eye to eye with Roeder...there were several bust ups at the training ground last season between the pair.

Shacks got married this summer - I guess he''s all settled here. Shame, a million would have been nice...