Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

No joke - we've had a bid accepted for Arturo Lupoli!

Where''s 1st Wizard?.....And will he say...(a) Brilliant, an overpaid unproven foreigner.OR(b) He was crap at Derby and he''ll be crap for us.OR(c) Both of the above?

Lupoli would be a great signing, although I hope he hasn''t gone off the rails a bit?

He was great at Derby, and showed great promise while playing in the Arsenal cup teams. This is looking promising.

Press Statement:

Fiorentina confirms it has received from the English club Norwich City a request for the transfer of the forward Athur Lupoli.  Fiorentina for it''s part would consent to the temporary transfer of him.

(Translation by Lucy who speaks Italian)

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Lupoli would be a great signing, although I hope he hasn''t gone off the rails a bit?

He was great at Derby, and showed great promise while playing in the Arsenal cup teams. This is looking promising.[/quote]I afraid until we start to actually put some to the many player we are linked with on our books how can we treat this as anything other than another transfer rumour. We won''t pay his wages. That would be my guess.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

Press Statement:

Fiorentina confirms it has received from the English club Norwich City a request for the transfer of the forward Athur Lupoli.  Fiorentina for it''s part would consent to the temporary transfer of him.

[/quote]Thanks for that Camul. So it would appear we could loan him but not buy him then?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]doesnt say it has been accepted does it? or am i severely blind
[/quote]

No, it hasn''t been accepted.

Not an Ekoku fan, then?  Strange choice when you could have had Beckford, Coney, or anyone else who was crap.

[/quote]

Can''t have Coney.  But don''t get me wrong, I''m not a fan.  It''s my sense of irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="camuldonum"]

Press Statement:

[/quote]

Thanks for that Camul. So it would appear we could loan him but not buy him then?
[/quote]

Haggling time but a loan at least?  But obviously it confirms talks are on - watch this space for Norwich fans I think.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="camuldonum"]

Press Statement:

[/quote]Thanks for that Camul. So it would appear we could loan him but not buy him then?[/quote]

Haggling time but a loan at least?  But obviously it confirms talks are on - watch this space for Norwich fans I think.

[/quote]Seems so. I wouldn''t mind him on loan anyway. He looked like a talented young player when he was at arsenal and out on loan.

From a Derby-supporting friend:

"Might be ok for you boys, not good enough to be a ram. No, he''s very talented though a bit lightweight for the championship."

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

"Might be ok for you boys, not good enough to be a ram."

[/quote]That''s funny in so many ways.

hope the deal gets sorted soon if true,lots of other clubs in hunt for forwards at mo. maybe a bit of good news at last.

Those who look at Football Manager when debating how good a potential player is will be wetting themselves with excitement!

In all seriousness though, this guy would take this league by STORM with the right motivation.

Mmmmmmm, Lupoli and Ameobi...

*Wakes up*

Damn, Martin and Cureton...

I am not interested in him on loan. If he does well we have no chance of making it permanent.Put in a firm offer and tell them to take it or leave it!

ItwWould be amazing if we got Lupoli!! Once talk about as the next big thing, but not quite lived upto that level of expectation. He is still an amazing player, would probably be the most technically gifted player to ever play for Norwich if we signed him, yes even better than Hucks.His one failing has always been his size, Wenger considered him to slight to play in England and he certainly wouldn''t header the ball much.Sign him up! On loan or not, just get him!

I agree, I don''t care whether it''s permanent or temporary, just get him in! This would send a massive message to all the Championship clubs that we mean business.

If we have made a bid to sign him permanently, surely that means we aren''t skint?

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="camuldonum"]

Press Statement:

[/quote]

Thanks for that Camul. So it would appear we could loan him but not buy him then?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Seems so. I wouldn''t mind him on loan anyway. He looked like a talented young player when he was at arsenal and out on loan.
[/quote]

I suspect that Mr Roeder will not be very pleased at this getting out.........................

He has the potential and when he was at Derby he scored a few and they wanted him to stay. But I think he wanted to go back to Italy. Get him up and about with a big striker and decent supply he should do well. But lets wait for the signing to be unveiled.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]He''s another wee-man, it seems. 5 foot 8 (1.73m).  Not much of aerial threat.  Can''t see him side by side with Cureton.[/quote]

I can''t see Cureton being anything more than a substitute this year providing we actually sign some players! Is Lupoli an out and out striker then - I thought he was more of a floating kind of player or even a wide player?

Wonders will never cease, but lets hope its a perm and not another loan. We need to start building Norwich City

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

"Might be ok for you boys, not good enough to be a ram. No, he''s very talented though a bit lightweight for the championship."

[/quote]I assume this is a Derby supporter who didn''t attend many of their matches last season then [:P]

now this is good news... and yes football manager fifa etc... AMAZING, if hes anything like he is on the games then this is the best news of the summer and cullum etc... meh.wow...

[quote user="Polar"]now this is good news... and yes football manager fifa etc... AMAZING, if hes anything like he is on the games then this is the best news of the summer and cullum etc... meh.wow...[/quote]Tore me to shreds only the other day, he did... mind, I''m playing as Norwich so it ain''t hard.....

I think some Derby fans were gutted he left, scoring well but made a few a subs appearances. He was dropped from the team near to the play-offs and never got back in. Its a tough one, has potential and you never know his game might be better suited to England than Italy, after all, he was brought up in the English way.