Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Blow the lot on Henrik Larsson

He wants to move and we need a new striker. If we keep to a small squad and can score goals we would have a good chance. Expensive I know, but so was Huckerby and look what happened there. If you don''t aim for the top...............................

Hmmmmm, not exactly a frugal choice blacko. And does he only look good because he plays in a rubbish league?
Wages of 50k + a week would further rule him out I''m afraid.
I should imagine Worthy has a list of 20 quaLITY available strikers on his desk. Can''t wait to see who comes in.

You never know. Look at Bolton and Sam Allardyce, he has a good blend of hard working players and flair players who work well together. Its all about how the manager can handle the top earners, which I think Worthy has shown he treats all equally, with discipline and still creating a good team spirit. I would love to see him here, but I think a top six side will get him, probably Newcastle or Liverpool.
OTBC

I have been saying for sometime he is the player to get. And at his age he may not be able to command huge wages anymore. I''m sure Chris Sutton and Martin o''Neill could put in a good word for Norwich. Nigel seems to quite like Scandinavians too.

I think Henrik will be ending up at Barca personally. They want him and i can''t see us competing with them financially and we also lack the draw of Champions League football. Also its a lot of money for a player who has only got a couple of years left. We need to buy players who we can sell for decent cash if times get harder.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Goss-pel - Larsson will go to a club that is playing in Europe next season - I think he did an interview recently saying that he wanted a winners medal before he retired. With so many clubs interested in him, depsite his age, we should be looking elsewhere.

If not Crouch I like the idea of stealing Darren Bent away from the binmen to help them survive financially next year...

OTBC