Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Controversial Signings, What do you really think??

I have been thinking that Darren Bent and Dean Bowditch might be good aquisitions.

I know this is likely to cause knee-jerk anti-binner reactions, but put those thoughts aside what is your honest opinion??

I''d welcome either of these players, imagine what would happen to the binners if we took away the only good part of their team?! Division two.

But seriously Bowditch is real quality, probably cost 5million at least already. I''ve got no problem with ex-binners playing for us.

Have to say Bent and Westlake have crossed my mind. Bowditch might cost too much. Would be delighted if we signed them. At the end of the day we want players who will improve our squad. The fact that they are from Ipswich doesn''t matter to me.

I think we should wait and see what happens to the Binners - they''re still in trouble financially, so if they don''t get promoted I think anyone and everyone would be up for sale down there. If that''s the case, I think they''d be available for a lot less than we think. Some shrewd signings, potentially...

honestly i couldn''t care less if we sign an ipswich player if he were worth having, not sure about either, are they really any better than what we already have

the trouble is of course, if we did sign one of the suffolk folk he would get such a hard time, as did andy marshall, would we really wish that on someone? So, unless they have an outstanding player (and they may do, i just haven''t watched them enough to know,) all my ipswich mates are always on about bowditch, richards, miller, but are they any better than our own players? Probably not.

No problem with signing binners, yes I do remember Trevor Putney, quality player, it''s good to see sensible posts and not biased opinion, If a player will improve the team at a reasonable price then why not, who cares where he comes from.

Can we sign fat man Jo as well? I have heard that city need a new toilet cleaner.

Seriously though who cares if they are binners. Lets just sign the best players we can get at sensible prices.

Marcus Bent. he''s been on loan all season at Leicester, they are going down. If Ipswich don''t get promoted, he will be on his way.

But I''d rather have Crouch.

I agree its good to see a balanced debate on this topic and also that if they complement and improve our squad at the right price it doesn''t matter who they are or where they come from. If NW thinks they are worthy of wearing the colours then they have my support. However, I think it would be unrealistic to burden a player who moves across the border with the venom that would be spat in their direction by those less openminded than the posters in this thread. The example of Andy Marshall is an indication of this. We need players that will settle quickly into Premiership football, ex blues would not be given this chance.