Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

No Go for Thompson?

Just seen this on official Linfield site:

Linfield Football Club have agreed in principle to accept an offer from Stockport County FC for the transfer of Peter Thompson for an undisclosed fee.

The player has been given permission to talk to Stockport County in a bid to finalise a deal.

An offer for the player was received from Norwich City FC but this club''s Management Committee was unable to accept the terms.

Linfield Football Club would like to place on record the club''s appreciation of the outstanding contribution made by Peter to the club''s successes in recent years. He has been an exemplary sportsman and ambassador for this club and his prolific goalscoring record bears favourable comparism with the greats of this club.

Everyone at Linfield extends to Peter every best wish and hopes for success in his future playing career.

hahahahaahahahahahahahahah

I dont if I should laugh or cry, we have just been outbid by STOCKPORT COUNTY - how embarrasing is that!

Great, Stockport are willing to pay more than us!! Surely anything under £300,000 isn''t a gamble at Championship level?!!

We may simply value the player lower than Stockport do, which kinda

makes sense considering we''re in different leagues... to us he''s a

cheap gamble, to them he''s a first choice starter...

[quote user="ncfclad"]

I dont if I should laugh or cry, we have just been outbid by STOCKPORT COUNTY - how embarrasing is that!

[/quote]

And aren''t you just loving it? Muppet.

If your club is that miffed there''s a simple answer.  You find his agent and simply offer to double the "personal terms".  Goes on all the time, I believe.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]What''s the betting we''ll now draw Stockport in the cup? We all know who''ll score the winner!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Forgive me, but where does it say he has signed for Stockport?

We may improve our offer to match Stockport.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]We may simply value the player lower than Stockport do, which kinda

cheap gamble, to them he''s a first choice starter...[/quote]Great minds think alike EM.    I posted the same thing on the other thread.

It does not mean we have been outbid by them, one we could have a valuation of him and we are sticking to our guns, we could also go back with an improved bid. Like NESG said , people were saying he was not worth the money, well look now. If we really really want him, we will get him, no question. But do we?

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Not embarrassing at all if Thompson turns out to be a crock of the brown stuff. Let''s just calm down. I''m not having a go at you Lad, but let''s get some perspective on the issue: we know nothing about the player; he hasn''t agreed terms; we may go back with another offer; it may just be a load of nonsense in the first place...

[quote user="National express super guard "]yesterday people were saying oh its a gamble and now its a travesty we''re missing out!!!! hello matt by the way
[/quote]

Yo Chris! Im desperate for us to sign anyone!! Though Gorks of Blackpool and Lupoli would be better!

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]We may simply value the player lower than Stockport do, which kinda

cheap gamble, to them he''s a first choice starter...[/quote]Great minds think alike EM.    I posted the same thing on the other thread.[/quote]

I noticed that and wondered whether you''d reply to my post on here

lol... anyway, no time for banter and meanders, seems today is the day

things are finally starting to happen, woop!

On his 9 minute youtube video he looks class, and regardless of the opposition he scored a lot of good strikers goals - I think he will be bargain of the season.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I would rather have a proven goalscorer anyway. Maybe they were asking for a ridiculous sell on clause that we would not agree to?[/quote]44 last season, 48 the season before. He may not have played at Champ level, but proven? Oh yes!Fat Lady hasn''t sung yet - as people say, Linfield may want him to go to Stockport, but he might prefer Norwich. Worthy is telling him he''d be better off with us regardinghis international hopes...

[quote user="ncfclad"]

On his 9 minute youtube video he looks class, and regardless of the opposition he scored a lot of good strikers goals - I think he will be bargain of the season.

[/quote]

No he doesn''t. Watch it again,only this time watch the opposition defenders and the amount of blunders they make along with a good few goalie nightmares as well.

There is no way he would get it as easy as that vid in the championship.