Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Have Preston got an injury crisis?

Someone told me that for their last game they only had about 9 fit pros and the team was made up with youth team players. Is this true and does anyone have an update?

I know Derby spanked them 5-1, so that would suggest something is wrong. Just in time for their visit to FCR. another classic end of the season steam roller job perhaps??

I hope u r right.

However, when we talk of spanking teams, we always come unstuck - especially when we are on a run. Remember Watford, Bradford?

I really hope I''m being a fool for sounding sceptical!!!

I have just been reading some of the latest news coming out of Preston and it seems that they are almost back to full strength again after several weeks of being without many key players. Definitely missing will be Lee Briscoe and Rob Edwards, and possibly missing will be Koumantarakis. Apart from that, they should have everyone else available. I''m sure that Worthy won''t underestimate them, even though they have nothing to play for. Malky and Flem will need to be at their best to keep Ricardo Fuller and David Healy quiet, but, even so, I hope we will prove to have a bit more quality overall just as against Watford, therefore I won''t predict a steamroller job...but hopefully a reasonably comfortable win. (I just can''t bear to think about us suffering a reverse tomorrow as that would put a bit of a dampener on proceedings, wouldn''t it? Don''t let it happen guys!!!)

Looking ahead to Sunderland on Tuesday evening I have also just read that Arca, Thirlwell and McCartney are out for the rest of the season. On his day Arca in particular is a very influential player, so hopefully this will be to our benefit. It does seem that their tough run of matches in a short space of time is catching up with them in more ways than one. It seems amazing now that only two or three weeks ago we were trying not to look over our shoulders at them as they collected points like it was going out of fashion!

No news like old news, hey? Have just looked at Soccer365 and now they say Sunderland''s McCartney hopes to be fit to face Crewe tomorrow! Ho, hum! I''ll light the blue touchpaper and retire to a safe distance, I think. Best to shut up and wait and see who turns up on the day, I guess.