Sign in to follow this  
4-4-2

How are money gets spend, makes me mad!!!

As if we can''t even outbid Stockport for Thompson.!!!

All we needed to do was up our bid by 50k and surely he would move here and not there.

We must have the money because it looks like we had a million pound to waste on Carrol, a player who has yet to prove himself any where. Even Chris Brown scored more goals than he did at Preston!!!

Come on Glen, sort it out, 150k for a proven goal scorer or 1mil for well not a lot!!

[quote user="4-4-2"]

All we needed to do was up our bid by 50k and surely he would move here and not there.

We must have the money because it looks like we had a million pound to waste on Carrol, a player who has yet to prove himself any where. Even Chris Brown scored more goals than he did at Preston!!!

Come on Glen, sort it out, 150k for a proven goal scorer or 1mil for well not a lot!!

[/quote]

Newcastle do not want to sell Carroll because they rate him highly, Thompson is only proven in a micky mouse league, perhaps we could put some positive spin on this and say that if Stockport are the only club bidding for him and he is approaching his mid twenties, then maybe he isnt the wonder striker that you are making out and in fact only wanted him as a squad player?

I think he has to be worth the gamble. If he doesn''t make the grade here, we could always sell him on later to a league 1 team and will most certainly get what we paid for him back!

[quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

Judging by this message, which after all is all I have to go on, I think I''ll trust Roeder over you re how ''are money gets spend''. [:)]

And, by the way, this is only meant to be a good hearted bit of banter - hard to get that across on here sometimes.  

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="4-4-2"] As if we can''t even outbid Stockport for Thompson.!!!

[/quote]Judging by this message, which after all is all I have to go on, I think I''ll trust Roeder over you re how ''are money gets spend''. [:)]

And, by the way, this is only meant to be a good hearted bit of banter - hard to get that across on here sometimes.  

[/quote]Lol Maccy P. At least it''s not "our" money and it isn''t "spent". Thank goodness for that! [:D]

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]How do you know Glenn isn''t on the phone now increasing his bid.[/quote]

Blimey, such naive innocence. Bless you my son for you are truly ............

[quote user="lappinitup"]Now where does the "mad" bit come in to all this ? [:S][/quote]

The mind boggles doesn''t it. In that context it could mean absolutely anything. [:D]