Sign in to follow this  
jimbo85

4-5-1???

Do you think Roeder is planning on playing a 4-5-1 formation? Seems like we have a lot of midfielders and are linked with more I am concerned about lack of fowards, so it might be the case he is forced to play the formation? Or he may have got a bit carried away watching Euro 2008.

Wasnt the fashionable formation in the Euro champtionships 4-2-3-1 ?  That would fit better and would see Hoolahan sitting in the ''hole'' but I cannot see it as one up front means a strong forward who can hold up the ball....[quote user="jimbo85"]Do you think Roeder is planning on playing a 4-5-1 formation? Seems like we have a lot of midfielders and are linked with more I am concerned about lack of fowards, so it might be the case he is forced to play the formation? Or he may have got a bit carried away watching Euro 2008.[/quote]

The 4-5-1 is okay to start away matches with, but not a formation to rely on throughout a season.The 4-4-2 with a tall forward holding up and good distribution of the ball is really the way to go in this Division.

Yer they all seemed to go for it in the Euros, obviously championship is a different level but teams on dominate the midfield seem to do well. Maybe thats why Roeder wants Carrol as a big man up front?

I just think he hasnt signed all the strikers he plans on getting yet and he has signed the midfielders.  So while on the face of it at the moment it looks top heavy (or midfield heavy?!?) by the start of the season we will have a more rounded view.

The amount of midfielders is for cover and competition rather than to play them all at once.