Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Is Roeder fitting his transfer budget around Ameobi?

What if Roeder is holding out for the right players at the right price (e.g. clingan good player for free, hoolohan good player for 250k, not willing to pay over the odds for bell) with the ultimate aim of having enough money in the pot to sign Ameobi on a slightly reduced deal in August (maybe £1.5m up front rising to £2.5m upon promotion).

I have just always had the feeling that Roeder wants Ameobi and Ameobi wants Roeder and thats that...... the club have never come out to say that they are not interested in him have they, and Newcastle have to sell now to get any money for him (he can sign on bosmon in january window).

I suspect that we will see Ameobi in a Norwich shirt next year.

[quote user="SuperWes"]

What if Roeder is holding out for the right players at the right price (e.g. clingan good player for free, hoolohan good player for 250k, not willing to pay over the odds for bell) with the ultimate aim of having enough money in the pot to sign Ameobi on a slightly reduced deal in August (maybe £1.5m up front rising to £2.5m upon promotion).

I have just always had the feeling that Roeder wants Ameobi and Ameobi wants Roeder and thats that...... the club have never come out to say that they are not interested in him have they, and Newcastle have to sell now to get any money for him (he can sign on bosmon in january window).

[/quote]I would like to go on record as saying "I hope not - i dont think he will and i hope he doesn''t and if he does i think he''s a waste of such a lot of money"Hope i''m proved wrong if he does sign.

I think he''s given up on Ameobi. Roeder has just had a bid of 1 million rejected for Carroll. We are still not sure on the outcome of Thompson either.

[quote user="National express super guard "]ok so I may rock the boat here, and yes he is a striker, but I''d be alot happier if we didnt sign him. did very little at stoke, and altho roeder gets the best out of shola I just don''t think he''d be a good signing, sorry
[/quote]

Agreed, not sure what people see in him.

[quote user="National express super guard "]ok so I may rock the boat here, and yes he is a striker, but I''d be alot happier if we didnt sign him. did very little at stoke, and altho roeder gets the best out of shola I just don''t think he''d be a good signing, sorry
[/quote]

No need to say sorry, I didnt say that I rated him. I do though, I think that he has looked dangerous in past seasons for Newcastle against very strong defences, and Stoke did not suit his superior style of play in the slightest, they expected him to win high balls in the air and hold the ball up, whereas Ameobi plays with the ball at his feet in a passing game, which is the way that Norwich fans have always liked the game played.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I think he''s given up on Ameobi. Roeder has just had a bid of 1 million rejected for Carroll. We are still not sure on the outcome of Thompson either.[/quote]Yes we are mate - signed for stockport: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7511698.stm

[quote user="SuperWes"]

No need to say sorry, I didnt say that I rated him. I do though, I think that he has looked dangerous in past seasons for Newcastle against very strong defences, and Stoke did not suit his superior style of play in the slightest, they expected him to win high balls in the air and hold the ball up, whereas Ameobi plays with the ball at his feet in a passing game, which is the way that Norwich fans have always liked the game played.

[/quote]completely agree there, the way stoke play doesnt suit him at all, he is a tricky customer with the ball at his feet. correct me if im wrong, didnt he play along shearer at nufc? play him with a target man and he could pay dividends. maybe we can get a really big city kit so cureton can sit on martins shoulders to give him some knock downs [:D]

[quote user="ryangarg"][quote user="SuperWes"]

[/quote]

completely agree there, the way stoke play doesnt suit him at all, he is a tricky customer with the ball at his feet. correct me if im wrong, didnt he play along shearer at nufc? play him with a target man and he could pay dividends. maybe we can get a really big city kit so cureton can sit on martins shoulders to give him some knock downs [:D]
[/quote]

Shearer, Bellamy, Kluivert, Martins, Owen are the people he has played alongside. He has a lot of Champions League and Uefa cup experience too.   He started last season as first choice alongside Martins (with Owen out injured), but then got injured himself and that was the end of his season.....

if and big if this is the case in roeder fitting his budget around ameobi he is a dafter manager than i give him credit for

1. one player doesnt make a team

2. what happens if this is the case and he breaks his leg 1st match

3. say for example you have 3m - you should spend 500k''s on several positions which are needed not wasting big bulk on one position

i doubt this is the case, but if so its actually terrible management (which could also pay off with few gems and ameobi hitting form) but very risky and really a risk you cant take in my opinion

[quote user="NA"]

if and big if this is the case in roeder fitting his budget around ameobi he is a dafter manager than i give him credit for

1. one player doesnt make a team

2. what happens if this is the case and he breaks his leg 1st match

3. say for example you have 3m - you should spend 500k''s on several positions which are needed not wasting big bulk on one position

i doubt this is the case, but if so its actually terrible management (which could also pay off with few gems and ameobi hitting form) but very risky and really a risk you cant take in my opinion

[/quote]shut up you complete retard

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="colneycanary"]I think he''s given up

on Ameobi. Roeder has just had a bid of 1 million rejected for Carroll.

We are still not sure on the outcome of Thompson either.[/quote]Yes we are mate - signed for stockport: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7511698.stm[/quote]

He hasn''t signed anything yet, Linfield have simply accepted

Stockport''s offer... BBC have done a bit of Creative Headline Creation

here... maybe someone from Archant has started working there...? [;)]

I agree about Ameobi though, christ knows what Pulis was thinking when

he started trying to lump balls up to his head, its clear to anyone

that Ameobi isn''t that kind of player... I reckon Stoke will fall

horribly short this season and maybe break Derby''s new record low

points....

The thing is he played in a good but poor Stoke team, if you catch my drift. They play long high balls and tried to use him like Howard of Leicester. He plays to the ball to his feet and I believe that GR and Clark would get the best out of him and he would be a big hit.

[quote user="Seat0123"]

I would like to go on record as saying "I hope not - i dont think he will and i hope he doesn''t and if he does i think he''s a waste of such a lot of money"

Hope i''m proved wrong if he does sign.
[/quote]

Thank God others are thinking like this, we can''t afford the risk with his guy

[quote user="SuperWes"]

[/quote]

I have hinted at this in all my posts relating to the Shola saga....I believe it is a done deal between Shola & GR privately, it''s just that KK and more to the point ''the fat tw@t '' that owns NUFC are still holding out for the £3.5m they want....which will never happen ( Shola reserves the right to refuse any offers on personal terms don''t forget )

thats the way i see it. roeder definately holding out for ameobi . it appears a two horse race with us and wba.I wouldnt be surprised if it was a season long loan though