Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Wes Hoolahan - first impressions !

Although he was only on the pitch for less than one half, if this is a taste of whats to come, I for one am truely excited.

I know it was against Gorleston, and I know it was only for about half an hour, but boy, did he look good.

I am never one to get overly excited, but his movement, touch, eye for a pass, and the way he so easily goes pasts a player was just awesome.

His goal too, just oozed class so please Wes, more of the same please..

Other toughts on tonights match, I thought Spillane looked poor, won hardly anything in the air against a smaller forward, was responsible for their goal, and was out muscled a few times too.

Chris Martin looked leaner and his first goal was a great finish, however he still seems lazy when not in posession, and reluctant to chase or close people down.

Sammy Clingan, looked ok, composed on the ball, and a fairly tidy passer.

I have not seen Dawkin before, but was also very impressed with him, beats his man easily, confident  pacy, however a bit lightweight at present.

Doc was Doc, won most things in the air, but arms around players and still gives away too many free kicks.

Apart from players mentioned, no one really stood out either good or bad, and all in all well worth the trip !!

Josh Dawkin (right winger) looks very good, he also had a very good game for the youth team on Monday, also impressed and scored in the Celtic game a couple of seasons ago.

In fact I believe the academy is looking very good at the moment with all the following players impressing me in the last couple of years:

Rudd, Steer, Cooper, Kelly, Habergham, Dawkin, Lathrope, Adeyemi, Martin, Davey, Richardson

Even Renton, Daley and Smith are highly rated by the staff but havent really impressed me as much as the ones above.

Yes, I also thought Daley looked good, and was especially pleasing as he was scouted playing for my village..

[quote user="Nik"]

Although he was only on the pitch for less than one half, if this is a taste of whats to come, I for one am truely excited.

I know it was against Gorleston, and I know it was only for about half an hour, but boy, did he look good.

I am never one to get overly excited, but his movement, touch, eye for a pass, and the way he so easily goes pasts a player was just awesome.

Other toughts on tonights match, I thought Spillane looked poor, won hardly anything in the air against a smaller forward, was responsible for their goal, and was out muscled a few times too.

Chris Martin looked leaner and his first goal was a great finish, however he still seems lazy when not in posession, and reluctant to chase or close people down.

I have not seen Dawkin before, but was also very impressed with him, beats his man easily, confident  pacy, however a bit lightweight at present.

Doc was Doc, won most things in the air, but arms around players and still gives away too many free kicks.

Apart from players mentioned, no one really stood out either good or bad, and all in all well worth the trip !!

[/quote]

You''re surely not suggesting that your Manager has the slightest idea what he is doing are you?

I only ask because, as you teeter into bankruptcy, some don''t think he does know.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Nik"]

[/quote]

You''re surely not suggesting that your Manager has the slightest idea what he is doing are you?

I only ask because, as you teeter into bankruptcy, some don''t think he does know.

[/quote]

Very droll "Cam" you lovely old boy...arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Nik"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very droll "Cam" you lovely old boy...arrdee.

[/quote]

He certainly won''t talk as good a game as Hucks  (no way) but let''s see what he does on the pitch?

"They seek him here, they seek him there

"But  Wes is ******* is everywhere."

(Copyright Blackpool FC)

Also he "tracks back" to wherever the ball is I think.

Let''s hope he also does that for you,  lovely old boy.

slightly O/T,

was anybody  else impressed with their right winger ( the guy with hte headband,Nathan Thompson ? )

seemed a very tidy and skillful player,  and made quite a few of our players look ordinary.

To be fair he gave Lappin a bit of trouble for some of the first half, which was not tough as Lappin is rubbish and is obviously not interested![quote user="Nik"]

slightly O/T,

was anybody  else impressed with their right winger ( the guy with hte headband,Nathan Thompson ? )

seemed a very tidy and skillful player,  and made quite a few of our players look ordinary.

[/quote]

[quote user="Nik"]

slightly O/T,

[/quote]

I thought he looked VERY good for the first 15 or 20 mins but then to me he seemed to tire and went off the boil a bit.

[quote user="GRFC"][quote user="Nik"]

slightly O/T,

[/quote]

I thought he looked VERY good for the first 15 or 20 mins but then to me he seemed to tire and went off the boil a bit.

[/quote]thompson for them needed kicking up in the air, all arms and legs kicking and pulling at our lads, REALLY wanted pattison to do the necessary. Skilful and fast with an awful temperatment to me.Hoolahan looked fantastic. absolutely brilliant. we stood by the penalty area on the left hand side that we were attacking second half in the hope he would be on that flank and playing. his 35 minutes was well worth getting there in time for kick off (and to get a ticket) for.i thought doherty/lappin/spillane were all at fault for the goal though. not just spillane.