Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Bell to sign?? But do we need him??

i wouldnt be surprised to see a midfielder leave.

personally i think 12 is a bit to many for midfield considerign we are short on defence and strikers, unless he has it all planned !

when do we go to sweden ? would have thought he would want a nearly full squad by then !

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

i wouldnt be surprised to see a midfielder leave.

personally i think 12 is a bit to many for midfield considerign we are short on defence and strikers, unless he has it all planned !

when do we go to sweden ? would have thought he would want a nearly full squad by then !

[/quote]

I think your right.. Lappins kicked his last ball for us now id expect... oh well.. if he does leave i''d wish him all the best.. left us memories of 2 fantastic goals plus a clearence off the line against the binnies...

jas :)

Did you see him play against Liverpool in the cup, looked very good and others thought the same.

City to sign Bell – report

Luton midfielder David Bell was reported to be at Norwich for a medical after the clubs agreed a £600,000 deal.
Luton midfielder David Bell was reported to be at Norwich for a medical after the clubs agreed a £600,000 deal.
Luton midfielder David Bell was today reported to be completing a £600,000 move to the Canaries.

Crisis club Luton have put all their players up for sale - and according to one national newspaper, Bell is set to lead the exodus.

Bell, 24, was reported to be at Norwich today for a medical after the clubs agreed a £600,000 deal last night.

The Hatters midfielder was one of the first players to be linked with a move to Carrow Road earlier in the summer.

Sorry if this has already been posted....

Sign him purely for all the Bell-end jokes.  There have already been a couple on here tody and I for one am well in favour of it. 

I just hope Roeder doesn''t have to pull Bell off at half time... [:P]

[quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="Midlandcanary"]Yes we do need him. He is better than croft and chadwick so imo is a good signing![/quote]

u gotta back that up with stats or is it just your opinion. Don''t go knocking crofty [:#]
[/quote]

Don''t get this wrong, I like Crofty, and really rate him, but 1 goal and 4 assists in a season isn''t enough for a winger. Before i get shot down, he is only 22, and will improve his game yet.

[quote user="Dions Lightsaber"]

Sign him purely for all the Bell-end jokes.  There have already been a couple on here tody and I for one am well in favour of it. 

I just hope Roeder doesn''t have to pull Bell off at half time... [:P]

[/quote]On the other hand, we could be saved by the Bell... [:$]

[quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="JC"]
Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.
Chadwick - injury prone
Lappin - Just not up to the standard
Pattison - inconsistent and purely a squad player
Clingan - unknown quantity
Eagle - to small, to slow

That leaves Fotherignham, Russell, Hoolahan.

I can see why they want Bell.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

In midfield we have

On the Left "Patches O" Hoolahan, Eagle and Lappin.

In the Middle Fozzy, Rusty, Matty Patty, Cliganon (sorry spelt wrong)

On the right Croft and Chadwick

It seems it''s the one dept where we don''t need to spend the cash. Is he an improvement on what we have??

[/quote][/quote]

JC miserable prat
sorry but croft is a one trick pony? when he was playing last year he created more than rest of midfield, and had some bleedin'' passion. ok so he''s may favourite player coz he was a bit chunky like me, but he did have a fairly decent season, missing chances exempt!!!
[/quote]

''missing chances exempt'' remind me what it is that wins football matches exactly?

Ha ha ha, I love how some people actually think Karl Pilkington is the Karl Pilkington off the radio... I''m surprised no one actually thinks I''m a monkey... [^o)]

[quote user="SAFU2007"][quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="JC"]Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.Chadwick - injury proneLappin - Just not up to the standardPattison - inconsistent and purely a squad playerClingan - unknown quantityEagle - to small, to slow

That leaves Fotherignham, Russell, Hoolahan.I can see why they want Bell.

In midfield we have

It seems it''s the one dept where we don''t need to spend the cash. Is he an improvement on what we have??

[/quote][/quote]JC miserable pratsorry but croft is a one trick pony? when he was playing last year he created more than rest of midfield, and had some bleedin'' passion. ok so he''s may favourite player coz he was a bit chunky like me, but he did have a fairly decent season, missing chances exempt!!![/quote]

''missing chances exempt'' remind me what it is that wins football matches exactly?

[/quote]Check your stats and match reports. Whatever it is that wins football matches it isn''t Crofty. The guy passion and commitment isn''t in question. His ability is. He never pick anybody out he''s never gets to the by-line and he never set up goals. He doesn''t score either. 1 a season maybe 2. And although you can exempt his missed chances I could not. Somebody else could do much better creatively and stick away 8 to 10 those glorious chances that Crofty fluffs. Sorry but he''s a no trick pony in my book.Lovely lad I''m sure and as I say nobody can doubt his commitment but at this level that’s not enough. I''d be bloody committed. I would be good enough though.You charge you argument with emotion not facts. And you insult somebody on that basis.

Does anyone know which is Bell''s natural striking foot?I thought he was left-footed, but it turns out there''s two David Bell''s. Damn that cursed Championship Manager addiction 5 years ago....

I assumed you were green and ugly....[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ha ha ha, I love how some people actually think Karl Pilkington is the Karl Pilkington off the radio... I''m surprised no one actually thinks I''m a monkey... [^o)][/quote]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="SAFU2007"][quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="JC"]
Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.
Chadwick - injury prone
Lappin - Just not up to the standard
Pattison - inconsistent and purely a squad player
Clingan - unknown quantity
Eagle - to small, to slow

That leaves Fotherignham, Russell, Hoolahan.

I can see why they want Bell.

In midfield we have

[/quote][/quote]

JC miserable prat
sorry but croft is a one trick pony? when he was playing last year he created more than rest of midfield, and had some bleedin'' passion. ok so he''s may favourite player coz he was a bit chunky like me, but he did have a fairly decent season, missing chances exempt!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Check your stats and match reports. Whatever it is that wins football matches it isn''t Crofty. The guy passion and commitment isn''t in question. His ability is. He never pick anybody out he''s never gets to the by-line and he never set up goals. He doesn''t score either. 1 a season maybe 2. And although you can exempt his missed chances I could not. Somebody else could do much better creatively and stick away 8 to 10 those glorious chances that Crofty fluffs. Sorry but he''s a no trick pony in my book.

Lovely lad I''m sure and as I say nobody can doubt his commitment but at this level that’s not enough. I''d be bloody committed. I would be good enough though.

You charge you argument with emotion not facts. And you insult somebody on that basis.

[/quote]

You missed my point totally......I am all for selling Crofty.

[quote user="SAFU2007"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="SAFU2007"][quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="JC"]Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.Chadwick - injury proneLappin - Just not up to the standardPattison - inconsistent and purely a squad playerClingan - unknown quantityEagle - to small, to slow

That leaves Fotherignham, Russell, Hoolahan.I can see why they want Bell.

In midfield we have

[/quote][/quote]JC miserable pratsorry but croft is a one trick pony? when he was playing last year he created more than rest of midfield, and had some bleedin'' passion. ok so he''s may favourite player coz he was a bit chunky like me, but he did have a fairly decent season, missing chances exempt!!![/quote]

[/quote]Check your stats and match reports. Whatever it is that wins football matches it isn''t Crofty. The guy passion and commitment isn''t in question. His ability is. He never pick anybody out he''s never gets to the by-line and he never set up goals. He doesn''t score either. 1 a season maybe 2. And although you can exempt his missed chances I could not. Somebody else could do much better creatively and stick away 8 to 10 those glorious chances that Crofty fluffs. Sorry but he''s a no trick pony in my book.Lovely lad I''m sure and as I say nobody can doubt his commitment but at this level that’s not enough. I''d be bloody committed. I would be good enough though.You charge you argument with emotion not facts. And you insult somebody on that basis.

[/quote]

You missed my point totally......I am all for selling Crofty.

[/quote]I know I know I was backing you up and chastising the guy who called JC a prat. But can see how I confused. Sorry

[quote user="Mook"]Does anyone know which is Bell''s natural striking foot?

I thought he was left-footed, but it turns out there''s two David Bell''s. Damn that cursed Championship Manager addiction 5 years ago....
[/quote]

He is right footed! [;)]

Lee Croft has always had a weight and fitness problem at Norwich he is ok in short bursts, that doesnt suit the roeder regime and I reckon croft has been sacked because he was even more out of condition after summer break. Chadwick is a light weight and too inury prone so bell will fit straight into the first team. 

[quote user="Midlandcanary"]

[quote user="Mook"]Does anyone know which is Bell''s natural striking foot?I thought he was left-footed, but it turns out there''s two David Bell''s. Damn that cursed Championship Manager addiction 5 years ago....[/quote]

He is right footed! [;)]

[/quote]Awesome! So it isn''t the one that played for Rushden & Diamonds in about 2002/03 then? He was great on Champ Man. But then, so was Drewe Broughton.As for Croft, I would love him to stay but he would actually have to start affecting games to make it worth it. Yes, he looks fresh and full of pace. Yes, he strikes fear into the left back. BUT he can''t cross and certainly can''t shoot.

[quote user="JC"]I assumed you were green and ugly....[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ha ha ha, I love how some people actually think Karl Pilkington is the Karl Pilkington off the radio... I''m surprised no one actually thinks I''m a monkey... [^o)][/quote][/quote]Which, of course, is only half right.......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="JC"]I assumed you were green and ugly....[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ha ha ha, I love how some people actually think Karl Pilkington is the Karl Pilkington off the radio... I''m surprised no one actually thinks I''m a monkey... [^o)][/quote][/quote]Which, of course, is only half right.......[/quote]

I''m not on the radio, but I do own many.

I do doubt the real KP has a strong enough opinion on anything to be classed as a "Die Hard" Man Utd fan. He probably could not handle the stress.

Monkey boy "ere in doors" said that real monkeys have more hair.....she can be very mean...... and honest..... but mostly mean.